WMS Gaming Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014

2.8

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in March 2014.

The phone interview had to be rescheduled due to illness, but they never sent me a new interview date until I reminded them to do so. The actual interview was roughly 5 minutes long after I drove 3 hours to get there, and they never sent me an email regarding my being denied the position. I sent a follow up email and got no response. Completely unorganized and ridiculous process.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Strong background check, Good questions real good manager style spoke to supervisor then manager called me back in same day to speak to him Strong background check, Good questions real good manager style spoke to supervisor then manager called me back in same day to speak to him

I asked - they gave

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12 months - interviewed at WMS Gaming in October 2012.

I was hired through a Staffing agency. I had worked under contract for approxiamtely 1.5 years on what started out as a three week assignment. My initial interview with WMS through the agency was via phone with my current manager, and another member of his peer group. After approximatley a year, My director asked his VP for approval to hire me, and allocate budget. It took approximatly another 6 months for approval, and budget allocation.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your weaknesses, and how do you plan on improving upon them?   Answer Question
    I had been working there for the previous year. I calculated my pay based on hourly rate with overtime and vacation pay. They gave me a promotion and a raise from what I had made over the previous year. I accepted a promotion to a salary position.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

I met with the group of engineers I would be working with, my supervisor, and his immediate boss. I was shown the facilities by an hr person, which were very impressive. The campus is very spread out so make sure to get very detailed directions on where to report, otherwise you may end up being late.

Interview Questions
    • I had to review a mechanical drawing and point out any issues   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in June 2011.

One phone interview and then 3 more face - face interviews

Associate Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at WMS Gaming.

Relaxed

Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in September 2010.

No help here cause the ones that hired me are now gone. However like any place looking up the history of the company always helps.

Interview Questions
    • If your brain was a color what color would it be?   View Answer

Senior Staff Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WMS Gaming in November 2013.

I met this group through a job fair and discussed the position and my qualifications at length.
    The phone interview was with 2 people who worked on the team and involved standard interview questions and a few questions about creativity.
    The second step was a skill test that involved creativity questions about various games and a probability question that involved some basic programming.

Interview Questions
    • They said I got the Probability question wrong so double check your work.   View Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

interviewed at WMS Gaming in May 2013.

The interview consisted of a number of behavioral type questions including greatest strengths and weaknesses. They were mainly concerned with creativity level and approach to analytical problems. Clearly they were looking for previous work experience in the gaming industry, or an industrial type setting. A high GPA (>3.0) was key for getting the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to use your leadership skills to overcome a problem in a team setting? What was the problem, what actions did you take, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at WMS Gaming in March 2013.

Got the hiring manager's contact from school project. First interview is with HR on site while visiting the company. Later on received a phone inter view with a panel of two. Questions are engineering questions, and the project I did before. Since it's a internship offer, I feel like it really depends on the hiring manager's preference so it could vary.

Interview Questions
    • I had a little bit hard time when questioned about technical details about computer graphics, so definitely warm up yourselves before taking the phone.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation because it's an internship.

Worked for WMS Gaming? Contribute to the Community!