Walgreens Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014
Updated 26 Sep 2014

2.4

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Walgreens.

Took about 1 week. Applied online, went in for computer assessment, got a call to have an interview, went to interview and got a call four hours later to come in and discuss the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are the same for every interview, it is a scripted interview to be fair to all candidates. Questions like "a time you've proven great customer service", "a time you've had to deal with a difficult customer" or "a time you've have different communication than the customer" all of course with the question of how you dealt with it. These are not word for word of course but the questions were basically like that, there are 6 questions.   Answer Question
    None

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

I applied online and was called by the community leader to set up an interview for a service clerk position within about a week. My first interview went really well and I was sent for drug testing a couple of days later. A week after that I hadn't heard back from them so I went in and met with the new store manager who set up another interview for me for the next day.

During that short interview she informed me that there was a leadership position open at that store that she was very interested in seeing me in and that she would be meeting with the community leader to make a decision in the coming days. She called me three days later and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are your future aspirations within this company? Could you see yourself in a management position and working with Walgreens long term?   Answer Question
    There isn't really any negotiation. I was offered a very acceptable wage and benefits and accepted.

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

First, you will do an application either online or in store on the computer. There are no paper applications. Next, you have to go to a location to do a skills assessment. Ask for a manager and let them know you are there for a skills assessment. If possible, speak to the STORE MANAGER after you do the skills assessment so they can put a face to the application.The interview is now a behavioral one. Management is supposed to give same exact interview for all candidates. Do an internet search for Behavioral Interview questions for practice. You can apply for any entry level position. You do not need prior experience with photo equipment, beauty supplies or pharmacy knowledge. They do all the training for these positions, so aim high! If you have previous management experience definitely apply for the SFL, shift lead, key holder (whatever they are calling it now) position. You will have opportunity to advance if you do well. Pay attention during training and please don't act like you already know everything. Be prepared to work any holiday. You won't have to work all (in a fair store), but will definitely be expected to work some. If you have a family, I would think long and hard about how you would rather spend your holidays. If you can avoid working for a company that is open on holidays I would do so. If you are hired, make sure you let management know if and when you want to advance and be persistent.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an upset customer. What did you do to resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    I interviewed a LONG time ago for entry level. There was no negotiation.

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

I was called within 24 hours of filling out my online application. Because the manager was short handed we had the initial interview on the floor. The executive assistant manager (hiring manager) reviewed my scores and my profile and we did the one on one at the Photo Department.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about photography and developing digital photo?   View Answer
    There was not any negotiating. the position was an entry level position with out any verifiable experience.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walgreens in September 2014.

It was a surprisingly short interview - about twenty minutes. I was only asked three questions which the pharmacy manager read off of the computer. The woman who interviewed me was very nice and attentive in conversation but didn't seem to care much what my responses to the corporate-written questions were.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you have exemplary customer service.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you saw a problem at work. How did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to change your style of communication to help a customer.   Answer Question

Front/Beauty Department Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walgreens in September 2014.

I just had my first interview at Walgreens. The manager greeted me then took me to the back room where he had me sign papers about drug testing and stuff. He then explained to me he was going to ask me six questions and that I can answer them basically any way I can since I don't have job experience I had to answer about school. Some of the questions I can remember him asking me are
    1. Explain a problem you had to deal with and what you did to solve it.
    2. Explain a time that you had to tell a customer or someone that they were wrong.
    3. Explain a time you told a co worker/partner/team member that you couldn't help them with their task because you had to work on your own.
    4. Explain a time you had to deal with someone who spoke another language or had a strong accent and you had to change your communication to understand them/them to understand you.
    5. Explain a time that you had to deal with an angry customer/coworker/partner/friend.
    6. Explain a time that you had to multitask to get more than one task done at once.
    It was really easy and the manager seemed nice. Make sure you dress nicely, no jeans or shorts or t shirts. Also, keep eye contact and make sure you smile and answer any questions they ask honestly but make sure you are putting yourself in a good light. After all of this, they will ask you your availability and they seem like they are very flexible. Good luck at your Walglreens interview!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was number 1 because it is so vague but I just said a time that my friends and I were fighting and how we all just had to be calm and take a step back to realize that we all have opinions and need to listen to each other.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Walgreens Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Walgreens.

Pretty Straight forward. My interviewer was very friendly. I felt at ease. He asked how long did I plan on working at Walgreens. I was hired on the spot. I just showed that I had excellent customer service skills in my background and that I love working with others (customers and team). Also, the more flexible your schedule is the better.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember, but standard interview questions...do you remember a time when?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Walgreen Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens in September 2014.

I saw the Ad in the window at my local store, went inside and complete application on computer and took skills assesment. Whole application and assesment took about 30 mins. The assesment was part personality and part math. After i finished talked to store manager and he asked me 6 behavorial interview questions, avaliability and then said would be in contact. Manager called me back the next day and asked me to come in a complete a drug test and if i would be comfortable working in the photo department.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were asked for help by a co-worker and you didnt help them? and why?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation... flat starting rate!

Stock Clerk Interview

I'm a nice, sweet, caring and independent person and I love being around people. I always have a smile on my face and a positive attitude at work. I work with customers perfectly.

Interview Questions
    If you want a job always ask questions.

Purchasing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walgreens.

Basic behavioral questions- Why do you want to work at walgreens, "Describe a time" format. Make sure to give answers in Situation, Action, Result format. The person interviewing me was not prepared...

Interview Questions

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!