Walgreens

Updated 17 Nov 2014
Updated 17 Nov 2014

2.4

Photo Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Applied online. Afterwards, you must go to a store to complete a basic skills assessment that consisted of the least agree/most agree questions and basic consumer math. Afterwards you must wait for a call back in most cases. This is followed by a face to face interview with a hiring manager. Examples of questions are, "When was a time that you had to help someone with disabilities?" or " Think of a time you had to handle a difficult customer service situation. How did you resolve it?" If you meet their approval you are sent for a drug screening. Job offer is dependent on a negative result.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation where you had a conflict with management personnel at a previous employer. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The offer was as is. Flat non-negotiable pay by hour.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

After applying, it took about a week to get a call, then I went for the interview and had to do an 2 hour long assessment test. It basically was a common sense one; basic math skills, customer service questions, etc...

Walgreens is really straight forward with what they hire you for and what they offer.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

The interview process was very informal and relaxed, I was only asked a few questions and then asked to fill out some paperwork and told I had the job. It was actually very easy.

The position here in AZ starts at around $9.00, then when you get your training license you get raised to $10.00, then when you get your actual CPhT license you get raised to $12.00. From there you earn your yearly raises or you can train and test for a senior tech which raise you up to $14.00.

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens.

I submitted an application in September and received a call for an interview in November. The interview was with the district manager and the HR manager. The interview questions were behavioral questions. The questions were quite simple.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to motivate your team to do something that you did not like doing.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Merchandise Analyst Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

I applied online through my university. The first round was done on campus. It was pretty easy - "tell me about yourself," then about 5 behavioral questions. They left some time at the end for me to ask them questions. I thought it was very rigid and was not impressed with the interviewers. They made it obvious that they were reading the questions word for word off the paper they had. About a week later they called me back and invited me to the second round interview. I flew to Chicago for a day, but the whole process there was very short. We met with current MARPs who answered our questions and did a presentation for us about the company. Then there were two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. They were similar to the first round. I was very unimpressed with the interviewers. They seemed like they had never conducted an interview before and had no interest in meeting with me. We also took a tour of the facility, ate lunch, and had to take an Excel class (very short and easy).

Overall, the company came off as very rigid and old-fashioned. There was a clear lack of connection between the different departments within the company.

Interview Questions
    • Who would you say is Walgreens' main competitor(s)?   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

There was a job listed on the Walgreens website as a pharmacy technician for a brand new store that opened up so I completed the initial application. Upon completion, I was told that I needed to go into the store and complete the second part of the application- the skills assessment. The skills assessment took roughly 45 minutes to complete and mostly consisted of the typical questions you'd expect. After I completed the second part of the application, I was told to call back the following week to check my results. I called up the following week and the store manager said that they weren't even hiring to begin with and that they transferred all of their pharmacy technicians from other stores which left me feeling somewhat agitated since there was an open position listed.

Interview Questions
    • None specifically, but there were questions that seemed to have more than one correct option as an answer.   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in November 2014.

I applied online one afternoon and went to the store to complete my skills assessment later that night. I applied for both a cashier and shift leader position. About a week later I got a call from the store manager asking to set up an interview for the next day, which I did. Upon arriving for the interview the manager and assistant manager came out and shook my hand, and brought me into the office for the interview. The store manager did most of the questioning, with the assistant commenting every now and again, pointing different things out about the position. I learned that I was interviewing for a shift leader position, and the questions I was asked were geared towards that. I answered them all as best I could, then at the end the manager told me the pay rate and a few other things about the job, and that they had a few more interviews yet to do but that I did a great job and that they were impressed. The next morning he called me back saying that he had chosen another candidate, but that he had given my name to the manager at his old store and that he, too, was hiring for a shift leader position. He asked me to come in after the weekend for a meeting, but that I would not have to re-interview because mine was already in the system. I went in and met with the same manager I talked with at the other store and this other store manager, and basically all they did was ask if my availability has still the same and if I had any questions. Our talk was cut short by an unexpected conference call, prompting them to offer me the position and get a few forms ready for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where accuracy was important for your position (or something similar to this)   View Answer
    They asked me if I was available for holidays, and I said that I had plans for Christmas day, but that if needed I would be more than happy to come in. They told me that they would take care of Christmas for me since I had plans, and I told them that for future Christmases I should be available.

Pharmacist Interview

I was an intern and then was interviewed for a pharmacist position. It was only one interview with basic questions. The supervisor was quite personable and easy to talk to, it did not feel like an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation with a customer   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

the hiring process was pretty easy and the interview questions are straight forward. the head pharmacist that I spoke to was very friendly. even throughout the job you are constantly learning. the con would be response time. I waited at least two weeks until i got an email back.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question would be what strategies do you use to cope with high levels of stress   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Filled out application online then went in store for second part of the application which is a skills knowledge test , then called store 2 days later and got an interview

Loved manager!