Walgreens

Updated 24 Feb 2015
1,017 Interview Reviews

2.4

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

we went into a room in the back that was messy and he asked me 6 questions. only took about 15 min he was funny and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time where you had to show costumer service or help someone who was struggling.   Answer Question

CSA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Asked a lot of question coverings all bases.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

They had a 'hiring' sign on the door of their location. I asked an employee about it and they motioned me to a computer in the beauty department. I finished an application and assessment right there on the spot. About a week later I got a call for an interview. I came in that week and met with two of the assistant managers. One of them asked me questions while the other just kind of watched me for responses. That same day she gave me instructions and the location for my drug test. I'd say a week later I started my employment there.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me standard retail questions like, "tell me about yourself", "are you in school", "what is your availability", "what is your work experience" etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

I showed up in business casual wear. The interviewer took me to a backroom and asked for my schedule. I received a drug test form. I took the drug test, and two days later I accepted the offer in-store.

Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

It is simple you apply on-line, you will need to go into the store for a second assessment, then the interview process begins. It should only take 45 minutes to complete. They may or may not call your references.

Interview Questions
    You will be sent to do drug testing, a background check, credit check, and salary is sometimes negotiable.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in February 2015.

I applied online through their website. I was then called that same week, and asked to come in and take a skills assessment test. After the test, you will be asked if you would mind being interviewed right then. The questions are read directly from a script (there are 5-6 questions.)

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a communication barrier that you had to overcome. Give an example of teamwork that you took part of. Give an example of a time a customer was displeased, and how you took care of it.

The questions follow that vein. They also ask to elaborate (what was your part, what did you do, how do you feel your action affected the overall outcome, and so on.)

Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in February 2015.

I was given a phone call to come in and do the skills assessment test in the store 1 week after applying online. I got called in for an interview 2 days later, for later that same day which was on a Thursday. Immediately after the interview was given papers for drug test, which i completed Friday morning. I was offered the job that following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with Brand and Generic Medications   View Answer
    • At your last job, what would your supervisor say was your strength , what would they say was your weakness on the job?   View Answer
    • what are your concerns about working in the pharmacy   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in February 2015.

Real easy. Applied online, then went in and took the skills assessment (which is a whole bunch of questions about making change and reading coupons) and then scheduled an interview for the following day. Did the interview, got offered the job the next morning. They were very easy going about it all.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when there was difficulty communicating between you and someone else (I was asked this question at EVERY STAGE of this application process and I wish I knew why this had to be brought up).
      Describe a time when you were flexible/solved a problem/dealt with a difficult person/customer

Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

Hiring process-drug test and background check. Interview-office, one person, regional manager. Haven't started my first day. Am I at thirty words yet? No I'm not. Let's see-you are competing against Walgreens shift leads as outsider. So know your stuff!! Use only retail references.

Interview Questions
    • No dumb questions like strengths and weaknesses. Straight up grill. All the questions were situation, action, result.
      1. Tell me about a time were you had a difficult conversation with someone (performance critique is the best example) 2. Tell me about a time where you had a tight deadline and multiple things to do 3. Tell me about a time where you had a short deadline (one day, as opposed to question two which could stretch out) 4. Something about reviewing profit earned and using that knowledge to branch out into new areas (tanked that question obviously) 5. Tell me about a time where you had coach someone repeatedly 6. Tell me about a time where you critiqued someone's bad performance or teamwork. 7. Tell me about a time where you had to encourage someone. 8. Tell me about a time where you had to implement a plan in which even you did not agree with. That's all I remember.

View Answer
    16.00 per hour. You can be demoted to shift leader if you wish.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Applied online, went in the next day to takes the skills assessment. The tests needed to be taken were pretty extensive, not hard but just required som time. I called them about 3 days later asking about my application and didn't stop calling until I got the attention I wanted lol. So about a week later I get a call asking to come in for an interview the next day. Interview was extremely easy. The manager asked me a bunch of questions a lot about myself and less about my work experience. He was really laid back and relaxed. During my time that I was waiting to hear the answer a few people from the pharmacy walked in and out of the room I was in and everyone was extremely nice and friendly. Even the people outside of the pharmacy were really helpful. So the manager came back in after 10 minutes told me I'm hired and my pay is 10.25$ and hour. I was pretty content with that as I was doing it more for the experience and being able to put it on my resume. So about 2 weeks later after background check and drug testing cleared I am starting tomorrow. I'm extremely nervous but everyone there is so friendly I think I should be ok!

Interview Questions
    • I came prepared so nothing was difficult/unexpected. Read as many of these reviews on glass door as possible. I read all the questions that all other reviewers supplied and tried to answer them myself. I felt really prepared going in and out of the interview.   Answer Question
    Manager said how does 10.25$ sound? I said great! Lol like I said I did it for the experience