Walgreens Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2014
Updated 17 Oct 2014

2.4

SFL Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

they ask behavioral questions. i believe they asked 5 questions focusing on team leadership, customer service, behavioral questions, judgemental questions. we need to provide examples or experience on these questions.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Walgreens.

I went through a university recruiter at a career fair and got the interview a few weeks later. The interview itself is pretty generic, a lot of "tell me about a time when..." questions. What annoyed me most was the lack of communication on their end. I emailed my interviewer afterwards thanking him and I received no reply. 2 weeks later I had heard nothing about the position and emailed asking about a decision and never got a reply. I understand that not everyone can get a position but I find it incredibly unprofessional that they failed to ever communicate with me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you let down a team and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Shift Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview happened in the stock room because there were currently people occupied in the room they usually interview in. It was a two person interview, they both took turns to ask questions. Overall the interview was pretty simple. They told me that shift lead needs to sometimes work the grave yard shift, including opening the store, closing the store, etc. Told me that you do not stay still most of the time and you are constantly on your feet. Then they asked my availability. They questioned if I can do it as I am a full time student. After explaining what the job does and everything, they asked me if I have any questions, which I did. How much per hour? They said $13.75. They then said they have a few more interviews still have yet to be done and they will give me a call back if I get the job or not.

Overall it was a pleasant experience, nothing too hard but it kinda was intimidating as you get tag teamed by two interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Questions I got:

What does the job title shift lead mean to you?

What is your availability?

Name a time where you led a group or team of people.
        Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online on Saturday Got an email the next day saying I had too come in to any walgreens store to do an assessment I've been busy that day so I planned on going the following day but I got a call from them saying if I was still interested in the job and if could make in for an interview. Wen in the next day for my interview I did an assessment first it's just a bunch of questions of how you would handle thing just basic customer questions "what would you do" and math questions as well!! Manager said he will give me a call if I got the position or not I'm crossing my fingers!! Still awaiting for his call! :/

Pharmacy Technician Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

I met with the Pharmacy manager to set up my hours for externship. I was fresh out of an accelerated PT course and ended up completing my required 300 hours of externship here. The first few days were spent learning their pharmacy software through a training software in their small, cold room that sat off the main office. The Pharmacy I externed at was the busiest Walgreens, pharmacy period in town. They were always busy and understaffed especially with Pharamicts. There was only two hours per day that 2 Pharamicts were clocked in together but one was usually off doing counts or shuffling papers. I had to jump right in and what probably saved my butt was taking notes. After finishing my 300 hours of free labor they were having a hiring freeze. It took five months later for them to call me and offer me a job (I was job searching and had interviews during that time but nothing was biting). Since the Pharmacy Manager had already seen me in action, there was no formal interview.

Finance and Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

Met recruiters at a career fair, applied online, selected for an interview but given last minute notice of recruiting prenight. Interview included questions aimed far more at experienced hires and the interviewer was unnecessarily intense.

Interview Questions
    • What accounting standard do you see as the future and what challenges does it pose?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

workplace was professional and respectful towards customers due the different backgrounds of employees there. everyone does their best to help the customers with limited time while trying to finish daily work list.

Interview Questions
    was able to negotiate due to having enough employers and gave flexible hours.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Walgreens.

Took about 1 week. Applied online, went in for computer assessment, got a call to have an interview, went to interview and got a call four hours later to come in and discuss the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are the same for every interview, it is a scripted interview to be fair to all candidates. Questions like "a time you've proven great customer service", "a time you've had to deal with a difficult customer" or "a time you've have different communication than the customer" all of course with the question of how you dealt with it. These are not word for word of course but the questions were basically like that, there are 6 questions.   Answer Question
    None

Walgreens Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

Ask about my previous jobs & took an assessment test. Was going to call in the next 3 or 4 days to see if I pass the test or not but still no call.

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

I applied online and was called by the community leader to set up an interview for a service clerk position within about a week. My first interview went really well and I was sent for drug testing a couple of days later. A week after that I hadn't heard back from them so I went in and met with the new store manager who set up another interview for me for the next day.

During that short interview she informed me that there was a leadership position open at that store that she was very interested in seeing me in and that she would be meeting with the community leader to make a decision in the coming days. She called me three days later and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are your future aspirations within this company? Could you see yourself in a management position and working with Walgreens long term?   Answer Question
    There isn't really any negotiation. I was offered a very acceptable wage and benefits and accepted.