WellPoint

Updated 7 Nov 2014
Updated 7 Nov 2014

2.7

Outreach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in November 2014.

Met with the hiring manager who was friendly and very personable, made me feel comfortable from the very beginning which made the process less stressful. I was asked basic questions about my experience and industry knowledge as well as software applications. Was also given hypothetical scenarios to see how I deal with coworkers/members. Met with a 2nd person immediately and read a paragraph in Spanish, answered more hypotheticals.

Actuarial Interview

on campus recruiting. Half an hour interview with a very nice and easy going interviewer. Asking about strengths and weaknesses, why i want to work for them and why i want to enter the industry. Tell them about team play and leadership experiences.

Actuarial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WellPoint.

Applied online, was contacted by the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a quick 10 minute screening to make sure I'm interested in the job and that my general qualifications were legitimate, and it quickly translated into an on-site interview about a week later.

The on-site was nearly a full-day interview - 6 credentialed actuaries, 45 minutes each. I don't think there was anything unexpected, and felt most of the interviews were very casual and nice; in the spare time, I was able to talk about some personal things which made me feel more comfortable overall. Be prepared to talk about your previous experience as they will want to know how much of it is relevant to the current position. I was asked a couple of riddles, but it was more of a way to see how you think, rather than being pressed for getting it right.

Two weeks after the interview, I was extended an offer. I was also given a very accurate timeline when I followed up a week after the interview, which I appreciated and respected very much.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - the compensation was very competitive for my level.

Customer Care Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in October 2014.

There was a phone interview with mostly coming from the same questions on the application. Then I was told I would receive another call for an interview. I went to that interview and was told it would be another week before a decision was made. The next step would be for the hiring manager to send my information to a recruiter. I wasn't told if there would be another interview after that.

Customer Care Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint.

1st online skills test , 2nd phone interview with person who sounds like there from Pakistan, very hard to understand 3rd in person interview with average questions I thought interview went well but I didn't receive an offer

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your boss told you do something that you disagreed with or knew was wrong?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WellPoint in October 2014.

Met WellPoint at an university career fair. Got invited to a first round interview. Thought everything went well, recruiter seemed friendly. Biggest thing that the recruiter pointed out was the lack of exams (only had 1). Having more is almost essential to getting any sort of interview. That's probably what dinged me, GPA and leadership experience were solid.

Health Care Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WellPoint.

The manger that interviewed me was very upfront about this position.. She gave the pros and cons of this position. I appreciated the honest answers to my my questions about this positions. I was told to think about this role and to email her back in a couple of days about my interest in this role.

Business Change Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WellPoint.

The first contact was by the recruiter stating my resume was forwarded to the hiring manager. The hiring manager contacted me fairly quickly a few days later to set up a formal interview. I arrived at the location on time and had to check in at the security desk. The interview process went well with only the hiring manager and lasted about 1 hour. The manager was very nice and pleasant. The questions were very straightforward with no surprises. Overall, the experience more than met my expectations.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were Project related questions. Tell me about a project you were working on with a difficult experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Consumer Advocate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WellPoint in September 2014.

I filled out an app online and received an email right away for an assessment, then another one once the first one was completed. Received an email for an interview, then a week later received an email to complete an app through Hireview. Received a call about two days later with an offer.

Customer Service III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

First I filled out the online application. Then was sent a email to take an assessment. A week later I was sent an email to come in for an interview. I though the interview went fine. I tried my best to nail it. The interviewer was very young and didn't ask many questions, just the five that was on the paper in front of her. We seemed to have a connection, but two days later they sent me an email denying me a position.

Interview Questions
    • What are strenghts...Give an example of a time you went above and beyond. The normal interview scenario questions.   Answer Question