Wells Fargo

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consumer Underwriter Interview

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2012.

Interview Details My first communication, after applying for about half dozen positions on-line, was with a recruiter. She asked me a lot of questions about my experience--basically reviewing my resume in detail. She asked me a series of situational questions as well--what they call STAR format, where there are no real right or wrong answers. They are most interested in what was done to resolve a conflict or satisfy a need. After the phone interview, I received an email request for an in-person interview the following Monday. I interviewed with a department manager as well as a lead, and they used the STAR format questioning as well after going over my resume. I felt that the interview went pretty well, and I received an offer that afternoon from the department manager. They extended an offer for an entry level underwriter position at my minimum salary requirement, but the hours were non-traditional so I turned the offer down, asking the manager to keep me in mind if she found a need elsewhere in the organization for my skillset with more traditional hours. Later in the week, I received 2 more in-person interview requests and both were scheduled for that Friday. Both interviews were the same format as my first interview (STAR) and went well, but I felt that I was a better fit for the second one, which was more in line with my experience. The following Monday, I received an offer from the recruiter I had spoken with initially on the first position. The offer was for an intermediate level underwriter position with a salary almost 10% higher than the first offer which I had turned down. The schedule was also for traditional banking hours--much better this time around. I readily accepted.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you did not give good customer service and why? How did you resolve?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I turned the first offer/first position down and said that the compensation was not worth the toll the extended hours would take on my work/life balance. The manager asked what salary would work for me. I told the manager that it wasn't a question of money--I needed a more traditional work schedule. The second offer/second position was almost 10% higher and a much better schedule, so the only real negotiation was the start date.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Consumer Underwriter Interview

Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2011.

Interview Details Contacted by directly by hiring manager, not by recruiter. The process consisted on one interview with two managers. took three days to make the offer. Did not attempt to negotiate.

Interview Question – Simple questions for anyone with consumer underwriting experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not attempt to negotiate

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo Consumer Underwriter interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.