Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014
2,595 Interview Reviews

2.7

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Applied for position online, completed screening online, got interview that week. Was a group interview with 8 other candidates for other locations. Answered 4 questions, watched a video about the position, and filled out another application. Interview lasted a little over an hour. Be sure to be relaxed and poised, think about your responses before answering so that you don't stumble over your words. Be sure to mention any experience with sales that you have, that is mainly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a teller, name a time you went above and beyond with customer service, how would you try to fix your sales record, name a time you reached a personal goal.   View Answer

Pb1 Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

assessment, phone interview, group interview, 1-1 interview, presentation. The interview process was very smooth and interesting. the questions were not difficult to answer. all you need to do is to be confident and sell yourself

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Be careful. You'll be so excited about the job/promotion that they'll lowball you on salary If you are offered the job pleaase hold your ground on your salary requirement. It's a crying shame what they'll offer up front and then claim there's no way to increase it more.

Risk Management Consultant I Interview

I had two interviews, one immediately after the other. One was with the hiring manager and another with the department supervisor. I was told it was a situation interview. All questions were structured as "Describe a time when....".

Interview Questions
    • If I were to ask someone close to you, like a significant other or family member, to describe you, what would they say?   Answer Question
    I was made one offer that was not negotiable.

Teller Interview

Very normal interview questions and process. Took about two weeks before start. I applied online and received a phone call about a week after to set up an interview in person.

Conventional Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I was called to come in and interview after applying directly on their website. My interview was VERY brief. I was basically asked two general underwriting questions and then asked my current salary and why I was leaving. He also asked me my current productivity levels (how many new underwrites a day, how many reconsideration reviews a day, etc.). They then called me two hours later to offer the position. An official offer letter was emailed to me within the next few days.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there were no difficult or unexpected questions. I was asked general UW questions (two) but any underwriter with experience would be able to answer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The salary offered was firm and the same salary all other underwriters at the time were offered.

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Their HR will send an email for you to finish. Those questions are easy. It is about your work ethnic and common sense. If they like your application, they will have a phone interview. The phone interview is straight forward. Pass it, then you get to meet/ interview with the branch manager.

Financial Crime Specialist III Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Apply online. It takes awhile to hear back but you will receive an email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview is pretty easy and straightforward. Then about a week later you will be called in for an in person interview. They usually have 2-3 supervisors interviewing you. Interviews can take 15-30 minutes.

PCG Branch Liaison Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Overall very easy process. Generic scenario questions name a time you didn't have all the answers, tell me how you solve problems. Overall around 1hr and 30nmins, really focused on discussion questions.

None

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I was part of a group interview in which there were roughly twelve other. interviewees. Luckily I had seen some of the questions that were asked because of posts on here; the two main questions regarded a time when you went above and beyond to give great customer service, and why you see yourself at Wells Fargo. The interview discussion was focused largely on sales and customer service ability, as those are the main components to the position. The interviewer had brought along the district manager and a branch manager, and they all pitched in to explain the day-to-day operations of being a teller. Overall it was a painless experience!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.   View Answer
    • Why do you see yourself as a teller for Wells Fargo? What draws you to finance, and what about Wells Fargo in specific attracts you?   Answer Question

I wasn't formally offered a position, but was encouraged that I would be offered a second interview. Unfortunately, my class schedule won't allow for me to attend two weeks of full-time training.