Wells Fargo

Updated 29 Jan 2015
2,798 Interview Reviews

2.7

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   View Answer
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   View Answer
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   Answer Question
    Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Got a phone interview with recruiter a couple weeks after applying, then a inperson interview at bank the folowwing week. Then quickly got an offer depending on background check which included fingerprints.

no negotiation

Analytics Consultant IV Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

1. Recruiter Contact
    2. Online Application
    3. Recruiter Phone Interview - Screening Call to check number of years of experience and technical Experience.
    4. Hiring Manager Phone Interview - Typically 2 managers panel on the phone going over a comprehensive list of techinical and scenario based questions.
    5. Hiring Manger In Person Interview - Panel of 2 managers final interview. Typically decision will be made quickly if the candidate is a match.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online days later got an email to set up my interview , went to the group interview with about 12 other candidates , had to answer three questions , and she read through a PowerPoint since her computer wasn't working. Told us they will let us know within 5 business days got called a week later telling me she will let me know when she finds a branch for me where I can apply at so now just waiting for that call or email.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • What was a goal you set for yourself and achieved?what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Your biggest accomplishment? What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question

Prime Service Risk Interview

Applied through school career website, onsite interview with three managers. Both fit questions and technical questions. Technical questions were mainly on option greeks, P&L, fixed income. Each interview lasts about 40 min. Followed up a week later but no response.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online. Had an interview with two managers. They went through a script of about 10 questions. Tell me about a time you had to give feedback to a peer and what was the outcome? Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision and what was your process?

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all behavioral, none were too difficult.   Answer Question
    negotiated

Part Time Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

I received an email a few weeks after applying. The email was an invitation for a group interview the place was east to find. It was a group of about 12 people they asked questions like, describe a time when you when out of your way to help a customer or a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. A few weeks after the i got an invite for a final interview it was also a group but it was group of two that would get paired up.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you shined as an employee and how did your manager(s) see reacted?   Answer Question
    It was easy my recruiter was really nice kept me in contact with me thought the whole process.

Costumer Serv and Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

was contacted by email to set up phone interview once confirm interview was contact the day of interview was ask questions about my previous job experience, and what i ail do in certain situations.

Global Fund Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I got a call a few months after I submitted an online application and was invited for an interview. I was interviewed by three group within GFS. The interviews were consecutive and all asked similar questions. The following week I received an offer. I think getting a job with GFS is much easier than other groups because they don't do campus recruiting.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions. It was mostly situational and then the standard questions like "what are you greatest strengths and weaknesses?".   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I received the interview by applying online. It was a phone interview and he had me walk through my resume. Several behavioral questions and few technical. Overall a good interview, Wells Fargo is a great company.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through the financial statements and explain how they're all connected.   Answer Question