Wells Fargo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2013.

Interview Details Applied on its career website on late February 2013, scheduled phone interview 3 weeks later. 2 weeks later had a national interview preparing conference call. And then a panel interview in April 2013. Both interview are behavioral interview

Interview Question – Behavioral interview and standard questions. 4 questions I was asked in the panel interview: 1. handle different opinions with your team. 2 overcome office challenge. 3 sell things to people that they don’t want. 4 how you set goal and achieve them.   View Answer

Applications Systems Engineer V Interview

Applications Systems Engineer V
San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Interview Details Initial call by recruiter. Then an in person interview without a technical phone interview which was set up by the hiring manager. Interviewed with four people.
1.The hiring manager- the first question was have you "really" worked on XYZ. Most questions were on similar lines with a lot of 'really!"s. He also asked some very generic open ended questions where there is no right or wrong answer and said that all my answers were incorrect. When I mentioned about my good past experience with wells fargo, he got offended and told me that he will not give me any brownie points for working with WF in the past and asked me to not mention about my experience with WF. Not sure why!
During my one on one interview with the hiring manager he was also talking on a different conference call the whole time. Some multi tasking! He would ask a question and totally ignore the answer.
2.Business person- this was general behavioral questions.
3 & 4 - Technical interviews with standard questions related to the technology that I applied for.

Overall, I felt like the manager already had some candidate in mind that he wanted to hire, but he went through the interview process to put a check mark on a paper and show his superiors that he had a fair interview process!
Very negative experience, complete waste of time. I don't think I would have accepted the position even if I was given an opportunity.
Never heard back from the recruiter.

Interview Question – Have you really worked on this technology   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks. Interview was very smooth, management wants to get to know you in every possible label, they want to see how committed and prepared you are, but they do it in a very easy going manner, very professional. This was before the online test's for aptitude, logical, verbal reasoning, etc, which i believe is something that everyone should pass before getting in at Wells Fargo. I did use an app 'the ultimate career interview' from app store to prepare for online tests. I suggest you to check out where you stand before applying for real.

Interview Question – The group activity was the most difficult part. It really isn't about the answer. It's about showing a little leadership and being open to other's ideas.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 45k contract.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2010.

Interview Details Phone interview covering resume details, questions about understanding of the position and if any research was done on the company prior to the interview, 1:1 interview to determine personality and skills capability

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation you had with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Interview Details Six different team leads interview, ne at a time. Interviews are technical and based on questions from previous projects., If you have real experience than all questions are straight forward. Employer is looking to hire not to eliminate.

Negotiation Details – Contract was negotiated before interview.

Teller Interview

Teller
Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details The hiring was basically a group interview. They ask you a bunch of questions, then you watch a 15 minute video. From there they thank you for coming & let you know that they will keep in touch if they liked you. They never did contact me, but I think part of that was because they initially didnt even have my name on the roster ..bummer.

Interview Question – They ask you to share personal stories, which might have been hard because you have to try to stand out in the group of stories.   Answer Question

Regional Private Banker Interview

Regional Private Banker
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2012.

Interview Details Interviewed, was told that I wouldn't adapt well, despite significant personal and work life history to the contrary. This was code for you are over 50 and we want simple young people.

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions, they do not want honesty, they want compliance....   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Summer Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details Signed up through my school's website. Got selected for on campus interview with about 10-15 other students. Half hour behavioral interview which was very simple and not complicated. Got selected for second round interview located in the office. Four, 30 minute interviews at the office with the entire team which comprised of behavioral and financial questions.

Interview Question – A few financial questions caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation for summer internship

Teller Interview

Teller
Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

Interview Details apply and schedule appointment online make sure you do well on the screen test otherwise you do not get interviews. the interview about 1 hour and 20 minutes 3 question to answer. customer service exp, sales exp, achievement.

Interview Question – a successful sales exp   Answer Question

Systems QA Analyst IV Interview

Systems QA Analyst IV
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2013.

Interview Details The Interview process was very interesting QA lead took my first round Face to Face and initially he explained me about the project and process in company and then asked me to tell him from my experience i would be helpful or contribute to project.
Second Round was with Hiring Manager who mostly asked me about my career path and other Behavioral questions.

Interview Question – First round can be little tricky as there are no direct technical questions from the Lead they come as you answer the questions along the way during interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Smooth

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!