Wells Fargo Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.8

137 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Analyst and Research Manager Position (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

Over the past two weeks, I have been contacted by two staffing agencies and one recruiter about two different positions at Wells Fargo. My comments focus around background information that I, as the candidate, was told I would have to provide in order to have my candidacy advance.

One staffing firm asked for my FULL SSN and MMDD while the other staffing firm asked for FULL SSN and FULL MMDDYY BEFORE an interview took place. Perhaps both agencies are competing to land a candidate at Wells Fargo but providing a SSN at this point of an interview process is not necessary and raises privacy and security concerns. Regarding a full birthdate -- depending upon your age, it allows the employer to be discriminatory. and rather unscrupulous.

The recruiter contacted me about a different position and said I had to provide two references before I would be considered for a contract job. I hesitated because I have not done this before for any position unless offered the job. Also, I do not want to exhaust my references to speak on my behalf when the likelihood of getting an interview is uncertain as well as my interest in the job.

Interview Questions
    • Asking for background information that raises privacy, security and discriminatory concerns.   Answer Question

Regional Diverse Segments Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Panel interview. Be prepared to present powerpoint or written strategic overview on how you would manage the assigned territory. It should include strategies, tactics, resources and budget. It is valuable if you know the territory, the players, the areas that comprise the region and influencial resources that would contribute to the success of your management of the territory. Associations, affiliations, board positions with associated relative partners would be beneficial.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your strategy for increasing the penetration rate of low-to-moderate income and minority target markets as it relates to loan originations?   Answer Question
    Standard based on years of experience and credentials

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in September 2014.

I applied about a little over a month ago online. Took the assessment and right after was asked to schedule a group interview date. I tried scheduled a date and it kept saying that it was not any interview dates available in my area so maybe a couple days later they sent a email saying that more dates are available so I ended up scheduling and then the day before my interview they said that my interview was canceled and I have to reschedule. So I tried to do that and again no dated available. A couple days later dated became available and schedule. So went to the group interview it was about 6 of us. I was told it was suppose to be more but they never showed up. "Thank God". Was about a hour long. We introduced ourselves and answered the questions why we want to work at WF, and where did we previously worked. Then watched a video on the Teller position. Then she asked tell me a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer, and what was you past sales experience and sales goals and how well did you accomplished them. Then she tells us a little about what's next if you past the group interview. I was the one who was voluntarily answering first and was really on point. Exactly a week later they called me for a second interview at the branch that I applied to that same day and was interviewed by the branch manager and her assistant. I feel that my interview went really well and that was just less than 24hrs ago so I'm hoping to receive a call back within a couple days. I'm really praying that I get this job because the hours works perfect with the fact I have a 5 month old and it won't get in the way of going to church. Please pray that I get it.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer, and what was you past sales experience and sales goals and how well did you accomplished them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The hiring was basically a group interview. They ask you a bunch of questions, then you watch a 15 minute video. From there they thank you for coming & let you know that they will keep in touch if they liked you. They never did contact me, but I think part of that was because they initially didnt even have my name on the roster ..bummer.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to share personal stories, which might have been hard because you have to try to stand out in the group of stories.   Answer Question

Applications Systems Engineer V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Initial call by recruiter. Then an in person interview without a technical phone interview which was set up by the hiring manager. Interviewed with four people.
    1.The hiring manager- the first question was have you "really" worked on XYZ. Most questions were on similar lines with a lot of 'really!"s. He also asked some very generic open ended questions where there is no right or wrong answer and said that all my answers were incorrect. When I mentioned about my good past experience with wells fargo, he got offended and told me that he will not give me any brownie points for working with WF in the past and asked me to not mention about my experience with WF. Not sure why!
    During my one on one interview with the hiring manager he was also talking on a different conference call the whole time. Some multi tasking! He would ask a question and totally ignore the answer.
    2.Business person- this was general behavioral questions.
    3 & 4 - Technical interviews with standard questions related to the technology that I applied for.

Overall, I felt like the manager already had some candidate in mind that he wanted to hire, but he went through the interview process to put a check mark on a paper and show his superiors that he had a fair interview process!
    Very negative experience, complete waste of time. I don't think I would have accepted the position even if I was given an opportunity.
    Never heard back from the recruiter.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

A few phone interviews...then an offer! Very simple, straight forward. Very friendly people and they made the organization feel friendly and inviting to work for. I spoke to two different people within the organization and they made a decision very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • How would you come up with an entirely new strategy? Vague question with a vague answer!   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Signed up through my school's website. Got selected for on campus interview with about 10-15 other students. Half hour behavioral interview which was very simple and not complicated. Got selected for second round interview located in the office. Four, 30 minute interviews at the office with the entire team which comprised of behavioral and financial questions.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation for summer internship

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

apply and schedule appointment online make sure you do well on the screen test otherwise you do not get interviews. the interview about 1 hour and 20 minutes 3 question to answer. customer service exp, sales exp, achievement.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in June 2014.

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks. Interview was very smooth, management wants to get to know you in every possible label, they want to see how committed and prepared you are, but they do it in a very easy going manner, very professional. This was before the online test's for aptitude, logical, verbal reasoning, etc, which i believe is something that everyone should pass before getting in at Wells Fargo. I did use an app 'the ultimate career interview' from app store to prepare for online tests. I suggest you to check out where you stand before applying for real.

Interview Questions
    • The group activity was the most difficult part. It really isn't about the answer. It's about showing a little leadership and being open to other's ideas.   Answer Question
    45k contract.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Six different team leads interview, ne at a time. Interviews are technical and based on questions from previous projects., If you have real experience than all questions are straight forward. Employer is looking to hire not to eliminate.

Contract was negotiated before interview.