Whole Foods Market

Updated 27 Feb 2015
Updated 27 Feb 2015

2.6

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Submitted application online. Received email about one week later inviting me to a group interview. There were quite a few Team Leaders present for the group interview. They were all professional and very friendly. Applicants were divided into small groups and asked to work together as a group to handle a situation and then present it to everyone. The applicants were then divided into different groups and the Team Leaders took turns asking questions, giving each applicant a chance to respond to the same question. Had typical follow up interview a few days later.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I applied online and several weeks later I was invited to a phone interview. After the rather easy phone interview, I went to a 7 person panel interview. The hardest part was getting the ladies to listen to my replies instead of chit chatting as group. It felt like a social setting at times.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applied online, got a call about 4/5 days later. Set up a time to come in for an interview. Casually was asked questions about experience, why I wanted to work there. Told me expectations for the position and pay. Then talked to the manager of the store for about 20 minutes. I was hired on the spot and was taken on a tour of the store and of my department.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Pretty standard interview with the usual types of questions (why do you want to work for Whole Foods, what's your experience with working with customers, etc.). I went in for an interview and was called back the next day for a follow up and I was offered the job on the spot!

No negotiation

Management In Training Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Brief Phone interview. It was casual, walked through resume. Let me knew what options were currently available. Asked about how I found out about this job and why I wanted to work in this field. Since there were no position in the geographic area I wanted, the interview was not specific.

Sanitation/Housekeeping Team Member, Cashier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2015.

Started smooth but turned rougher talking about negative qualities of my job history and also I explained why I had yet to been given the opportunity to work for Whole Foods despite around 70 individual applications over 2 years. But Sally the store manager was the kind to give those a chance that haven't been fairly given a chance. She offered the chance to interview for Cashier assistant because I was hesitant about lifting heavy garbage due to lack of working out recently/lack of strength. It was a breeze because she had already mentioned to Nick the Front End Lead that she wanted to give me a chance, etc. If you haven't been given the chance yet, talk to Sally. She's a godsend.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest one by Nick: You haven't opened at a store before. What do you do when you arrive? If there isn't any higher ups what do you do?   View Answers (5)

Regional Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2015.

Summary: The process took 18 days from application to final panel interview. Multiple phone interviews with the Regional Recruiter and Global Safety Manager before being invited to the final "Panel Interview"

Preparation and Interview: I was asked to prepare a presentation on incentive programs. I conducted extensive research about Whole Foods Market (history, values, etc.) and interviewed multiple Team Members to aid in perfecting my presentation. I had many positive conversations with Store Team Leaders, Office Personnel and the Regional VP. I felt great about my presentation and panel interview (9 panelists at my interview) and fully expected to be offered the position.

Result: The Recruiter contacted me 3 days after the interview and informed me that I had NOT been chosen. Most disappointing was the lack of any viable feedback as to why I wasn't chosen. I was told that I performed well and my presentation was well received; however, when asked what the final determining factor was, he could not provide any concrete reasoning.

Advice to Candidates: Know the Whole Foods Market brand and what they stand for. Be prepared to invest a lot of time and energy into the process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer complaint regarding mis-labeled food.   View Answer

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2015.

Found job listing Tuesday & applied online. Received a call from the bakery department team lead & was asked to come in for an interview that following Friday..
    I interviewed with the team lead & the bakery assistant, then had a quick interview with the store manager..interview was very straightforward, relaxed--overall simple & easy going..very quick process. I had no prior bakery experience (only 1 yr customer service/cash handling) & I was offered the job on the spot. Starting pay at $11/hr, 30hours a week
    Every location will be a different experience but I'd recommend being confident, be yourself, & be truly enthusiastic about learning skills from the job..growing within the company & building good work relationships. Emphasize your values & beliefs about healthy living/eating/positive lifestyle changes & you should be fine.

No negotiation

Team Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Online application - Casual “Interview” with Team Leader and Metro Educator (this is NOT the current method of a standard TE interview) - Interviews now require a presentation teaching the panel how to complete a task (i.e. make a paper airplane) and Q&A with each panel member.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach training veteran team members who are “stuck in their ways” and/or are
      “comfortable” doing the same shift daily?

View Answer
    No negotiation, .50 pay raise.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Very simple, applied online for a posted position and the called in immediately after submitting. During my first call in they set up an interview for a few days later. The interview was straight forward and fast. Three groups of two interviewed me for about 5-10 mins each. After the interview they called two days later to offer me the position. Easy, and simple process. My biggest recommendation is study up on the values, mission, vision, etc before you go in.

Interview Questions
    There was not really any negotiation.