Whole Foods Market

Updated 26 Jan 2015
Updated 26 Jan 2015

2.6

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Very simple, applied online for a posted position and the called in immediately after submitting. During my first call in they set up an interview for a few days later. The interview was straight forward and fast. Three groups of two interviewed me for about 5-10 mins each. After the interview they called two days later to offer me the position. Easy, and simple process. My biggest recommendation is study up on the values, mission, vision, etc before you go in.

Interview Questions
    There was not really any negotiation.

Grocery Team Member Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I applied online and got called within 3 days later. They asked me a couple questions on the phone as to why I wanted to work there and what my availability is. Then got schedule for an in store interview. Very friendly and laid back interview

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate your schedule and position

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Can be chaotic. Every one is winging it. Not always a bad thing. Its just that most interviewers have never done this before as they are not in the position due to their qualifications, but, more of their being a buddy of the right person or a "chosen" one by management.

Interview Questions
    • The usual "what if " scenerios, and "why us?" .... You need to know the company and its mission.   Answer Question
    none

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Filled out application online. I received a call about three weeks afterwards and came in for essentially three interviews in one. I arrived ten minutes early and waited in the cafe. I first spoke with the Associate Team Leader then the Team Leader and finally the Store Team Leader. Afterwards the Team Leader came back and offered me the position. It was very painless from start to finish. Do your homework before your interview they expect you to research and know at least a little about the company. All of the information can be easily found on their website and they also send you a link in and email after you apply.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to do after Whole Foods?   View Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

The people were extremely friendly and I immediately felt very welcomed. The interview was very organized and structured so it made it go by really quickly. The employer basically asked a number of scenario questions to get a feel of how you would respond in possible situations. Really great interview and experience. I grew to love their brand even more.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel that any of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applied online. Followed up by going into the store and speaking to manager (not hiring manager). Got a call. Went in for two interviews. Received an offer. It was a pretty straight forward process. The hiring manager was polite and friendly. The second interview was with an asst store manager and took all of five minutes.

N/a

Whole Body Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Team Leader interviews are usually internal (meaning, you typically work for the company to get this position). The interview required me to plan out our Back To School program for the department. This required purchases, backstock regulating, set up and take down plans, location details, themes, etc. This was presented during the interview to a panel of team members, current Team Leaders, store Leadership and Regional Leadership.

In a team leader position, you must apply online (which is usually posted internally) and then you will be contacted by the current Store Team Leader regarding your homework assignment, panel members and date of your interview.

The interview took about 45 minutes.

The panel interview can be very intimidating. The higher up you go in the company the larger your panel interview will be. For this position, there were 9 people on the panel and 1 person who called in.

Interview Questions
    • The core values were the main points of the interview, with a focus on team member happiness, growth, success and failures. As long as you know what you are talking about and how to handle these situations there will be no concern.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations. Salary is based on a scale, (i.e., in 2013 Team Leaders started at $20 on the low end) and the scale goes up the longer you work for the company.

Marketing Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I applied online and was contacted three week later and asked to come in for a panel interview. The panel consisted of 10 Team Leaders at the store. I was given each of their emails and encouraged to introduce myself. I reached out to each panel member and expressed my interest in working for Whole Foods. I walked the store with one of the panel members and was able to ask many questions that prepared me for my interview. I did my due diligence in researching the corporate culture and values.
    The interview was intense. There were no breaks for silence, each panel member was prepared with a question. Be prepared to discuss everything that Whole Foods encompasses from delicious food to local giving initiatives. The Marketing Team Leader has a hand in many aspects of the store, your strengths should reflect flexibility, positivity, and the ability to motivate others.

Interview Questions
    • I was told to prepare a project of an event I would plan as Marketing Team Leader. I was at first perplexed and didn't know what kind of event the panel would be impressed by. I went with my first thought and it went over very well! Use this project as an opportunity to let you personality shine!   Answer Question
    I was told at the end of my interview that I would hear from them within 24 hours. They called within that 24 hours and told me they needed more time, which I appreciate. I got a call 72 hours later and accepted the job. I was happy with my starting salary and did not feel the need to negotiate.

Office Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2015.

For an office position it sure was a lot of work in a short amount of time. I had a phone interview, was emailed questions and that had a tight deadline. Then I needed to connect with each member of the panel before the final interview that included two presentations. It was not a friendly interview more of an integration. No one smiled, it was kind of unprofessional how rude they all came off. I'm glad I was not working or I could have never done all that was required of me. The feedback given to me was not constructive criticism it was knit picky... One panel member even mentioned she had never interviewed before. Candidates should have been treated like customers not criminals. I'm done with you whole foods.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever told your boss that he shouldn't do something?   Answer Question

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2015.

First a pre-screening. Then later that week a group interview where you had to work together to make the 30 second commercial and act out what good customer service is. The following week is the one on one interviews. First with the department Team Leader, and a second one with the Store Team Leader.

Interview Questions
    • What should I ask you to find out if I want to hire you or not?   View Answer
    Starting rate is $11.