Whole Foods Market

Updated 14 Dec 2014
Updated 14 Dec 2014

2.6

Marketing Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I applied online and was contacted three week later and asked to come in for a panel interview. The panel consisted of 10 Team Leaders at the store. I was given each of their emails and encouraged to introduce myself. I reached out to each panel member and expressed my interest in working for Whole Foods. I walked the store with one of the panel members and was able to ask many questions that prepared me for my interview. I did my due diligence in researching the corporate culture and values.
    The interview was intense. There were no breaks for silence, each panel member was prepared with a question. Be prepared to discuss everything that Whole Foods encompasses from delicious food to local giving initiatives. The Marketing Team Leader has a hand in many aspects of the store, your strengths should reflect flexibility, positivity, and the ability to motivate others.

Interview Questions
    • I was told to prepare a project of an event I would plan as Marketing Team Leader. I was at first perplexed and didn't know what kind of event the panel would be impressed by. I went with my first thought and it went over very well! Use this project as an opportunity to let you personality shine!   Answer Question
    I was told at the end of my interview that I would hear from them within 24 hours. They called within that 24 hours and told me they needed more time, which I appreciate. I got a call 72 hours later and accepted the job. I was happy with my starting salary and did not feel the need to negotiate.

Graphic Artist, Sign Maker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Filed an online application and called the store to find out who to address the cover letter to. This turned out to be a really good move. The marketing team leader and sign maker invited me in for an informal introduction. They were very generous with their time and offered incredible insight on how to prepare for a potential interview with them. Was called in for pre-screening interview with marketing team leader and and regional coordinator. Interview was short, 15 minutes. Was called in for final interview with a panel of about 8 people. Five from the store and three regional people. Interview lasted about a half hour and I had to present two design projects they have me. I answered a lot of questions, was given a list of tasks to prioritize and had to offer feedback on one of their past in-store designs.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle multiple people giving input on a design? Particularly when their are conflicting opinions about the direction to go in.   Answer Question
    • How do your rate your skills with Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, vinyl cutting, Mac, and PC's?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about the production aspect of this position?   Answer Question
    • What will your three month review look like/reflect on your performance?   Answer Question
    • Asked for a closing statement as to why I want to work with Whole Foods and why they should hire me. (This was my favorite question.)   Answer Question
    Not really a negotiation "phase", but did ask for more than the initial offer. Am waiting to see if my request can be accommodated...

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Panel interview with an extremely large group, +10 people. Most barley had time to ask more than one question. Asked for us to complete many pieces of homework but we didn't even get to talk about them. They asked minimal questions about marketing more interested in the exact store and how it's sign program was working.

Interview Questions
    • Asking to site the company's core values by heart.   View Answer

Front End Team Member Interview

phone call to come in and then they brought me and three others in very fast interview. training started two weeks after with other employees in different departments watched videos and got straight to the point.

Associate Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

All applications are online. If you meet specific requirements then you will be either pre-screened or called in for an interview. Make sure you know about the company! Too many people know absolutely nothing about the company they are applying to work for. Show interest in moving up, the company is vastly expanding. Lastly, maintain a positive attitude and demeanor. Answers should be positive but honest. Show a passion for leading!!!

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are open ended, so think about specifics moments in all of your managerial or leadership experience that stand out.. negative and positive. Times where you failed and why, biggest leadership lesson, and tell me about a time you had to humble yourself.   Answer Question

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua, HI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua, HI (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I was hoping to have my resume looked at & considered for a position at various positions. I submitted my application numerous times online, but never heard a response back. Don't bother submitting anything through their career center -- I don't believe they even look at it. They have quite an elaborate career section on their website, but after multiple submissions wit no response, I eventually gave up.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't get that far. It was puzzling to me that the online process was rather lengthy, but no one ever even contacted me either way. After the fact, I heard about an in-store job fair & that seems the way to proceed.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

the interview was very informal and relaxed.Initially you have a group talk and presentation by team members .Then you do your presentation and show your sales skills,if they like you you go through to the interview .Do your research on the company,and suck up.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

one interview was done in a group setting and then a one on one. It was a relaxed setting and team members were very nice and enthusiastic. I liked the working environment and the atmosphere

Metro Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Each position has the same interview process, all panel interviews you will need a cover letter and resume. If you are from outside of the company applying for a team leader or higher position make sure you tour the stores talk to leadership and get an understanding of the core values.

Interview Questions
    • there wasn't any, If you know how to interview with a panel then all questions can be answered if you don't know the answer   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

One phone interview to start and then two in person interviews a week a part. Second interviewer seemed less engaged, just interviewing as a formality. After the second interview it took a few weeks to finally hear back. I was offered the job, and came back in for another meeting about this.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. Asked about any relevant work experience, and how I would handle various situation that could arise.   Answer Question
    There wasn't room to negotiate on salary.