Whole Foods Market

Very Easy Interview

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Prepared Foods Team Member
Savannah, GA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2013.

Interview Details Interviewed by team leader, and after a while one of store management joined with him. The question are not really complicated. Regular work interview questions (about yourself, experiences, how to handle difficult time at work place, strength and weaknesses, etc.). They were really concern about time flexibility to work. Very nice, to the point, and respectful.

Negotiation Details – No

Prepared Foods Dishwasher Interview

Prepared Foods Dishwasher

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in June 2014.

Interview Details I submitted an application online. I received a call back the very next day from the human resources department. They scheduled me for an interview at the store for the following day. I arrived at the store and checked in. I was not the only person being interviewed at the time so I had to wait for my turn. Once my name was called I entered what appeared to be a break room, where I was interviewed in a board style by the prepared foods team leader and the associate team leaders. It was a very laid back process. After all the team leaders agreed that I might be a good candidate for the position they scheduled me for an interview with the store team leader the next day. I then went once more to interview with the store team leader and following the interview I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

Dishwasher Interview

Dishwasher

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details The interview was fairly easy. I got to sit down with one of the Team Leaders and he asked me basic questions such as "Why do I want to work at Whole Foods?" and what I considered my strengths and weaknesses. It lasted about 5 minutes, and then he told me I was going to be interviewed by the Store Assistant Manager. He came back a few minutes later and said there wasn't any need for that and that I seemed like a good fit, and that I'd be receiving the new hire information through email.

Interview Question – What does Customer Service mean to you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Assistant Interview

Cashier Assistant
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Interview Details I spoke with the ATL &TL on the phone they pretty much acted like the phone interview was a joke. I've work for Whole foods before and know what a interview process should be like, they were laughing and giggling like I was telling a joke they told me I should receive a phone call or email that same day but I received neither, great customer service.I use to shop there not anymore.

Interview Question – can you name me at least 10 apples and green leaf lettuce   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2014.

Interview Details A new store is opening in the area and I applied online. I was contacted a couple of weeks later for a 'Job Fair' group interview at a local community center. The online sign up was problematic at first and had to be corrected and so there were multiple emails about that. The time slot I chose had over 100 people signed up.

We were split into different rooms with about 30 people in each, sitting at tables facing a screen. We were warned to use the bathroom before the interview started because it's two hours long with no break. First we saw a slide show about Whole Foods Market. We also had to fill out a time availability sheet and sign it. Then we were joined by a large group of WF employees with clipboards and listened to one of them speak about being WF employees and what they are looking in new employees, which seems to be skewed toward very outgoing, cheerful, healthy people. We were also warned that any offer of employment requires a two hour assessment with a physical therapist to determine your fitness. (Two hours?!)

We were asked to introduce ourselves to the room one at a time, and answer two questions, what is your favorite food, and why do you want to work at WFM? Next we were split into five groups with instructions to plan any type of presentation about Whole Foods in ten minutes. The WF employees walked around listening in on the groups as they planned. Then each group performed their presentation to the rest of us. After that new groups were formed, and had to plan a 3 minute 'commercial' about a WF core value, in ten minutes. The list of core values was provided. After the second performance we were told we would receive an email with either a thanks-but-no-thanks, or information about a second interview.

About 500 people were being seen at this event over four days, for about 200 openings. As of this writing I have not yet heard back either way. As a shy person it was difficult for me to speak in front of a room full of strangers, and I don't know if I was successful. I'm always nervous at interviews, but this one was exceptionally difficult for me because of the format they use, whereas an outgoing, super confident person may be very at ease.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Whole Foods Market?   Answer Question

Store Graphic Artist Interview

Store Graphic Artist
Lafayette, LA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2014.

Interview Details I received an email from one of the graphic artists in charge of hiring on a Friday and I responded early morning Monday saying that I would love to come in for an interview. Later that night she sent me a test project where I had to design a banner to display in the store (gave me certain colors to use, picture, text, etc.) and the interview was scheduled for Wednesday.

Two young women conducted the interview and they asked me questions such as:
1. Why do you want to work at WFM
2. Have I ever shopped at a WFM
3. Asked me to talk about my design for the test project
4. If I forgot to do a project at work how would my lead designer react
5. Name a time that you had a difficult time dealing with a client and how you resolved it
6. Favorite thing to cook.
7. If they didn't have a full time job available would I accept part time.

They then both scanned through my portfolio and told me they would go outside to deliberate. They came back no less than two minutes later and told me I wouldn't be a good fit because I didn't have experience working in a fast paced environment such as theirs (which no such question was ever asked that pertained to that) and suggested that I could go into the general job fair going on in the next room and apply for other jobs if I so desired (which felt insulting to say the least).

The way the interview was conducted and the reasoning I was given for my dismissal seemed trivial and unjustified and I feel as if while interviewing me they had already made their decision as to who they were going to hire or already had a predetermined choice in mind. Simply put, I feel like I never had a fair shot.

And in regards to not having worked in a fast paced environment, I help manage two large websites. They hang fliers in a supermarket. So you be the judge.

Interview Question – They told me they hadn't really had time to prepare anything. So the questions were off the top of their heads. I'd just be ready for anything.   Answer Question

Bakery Team Member Interview

Bakery Team Member
Austin, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2012.

Interview Details I had initially applied online through the Whole Foods career site and was e-mailed later with an invitation to a large hiring event. You select your first choice department to work in (based on your skills and background) and then start the interviews. Went through 3 interviews. If you make it through all three, then you're hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. I think they're more trying to get a feel for your personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Bakery Team Member Interview

Bakery Team Member
Princeton, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. First step is interview with Bakery Team Leader. Second step is group meeting of
Team Member applicants in a room with Team Leaders from all departments.
Given all the WFM hype - customer service, how great it is to work there.
Told we would be contacted by Email within 24 hours either way. One month later, I'm still waiting
for their decision! Where's the customer service?

Production Cook Interview

Production Cook

I applied online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and was called in for an interview the next day. I was asked standard interview questions. Unfortunately they did not call me back afterwards. I plan to apply for another position in the same store.

Interview Question – Describe a time you helped a coworker who was struggling to complete a task.   Answer Question

Meat Cutter Interview

Meat Cutter

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in June 2014.

Interview Details Job fair process. Interviews are first come basis. Two step interview. First part your asked questions on why you want to work for WF, your personal attributes, etc. if you pass that part you move on to an interview with a TL from the dept. you applied for.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Whole Foods.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I told them I wanted journeyman meat cutter wages.

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!