Wingspan Portfolio

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio in June 2012.

Interview Details Hiring process was short, interviewed with a former VP and took a couple of weeks because of the background check.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they made offer.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Senior Underwriter
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio in January 2013.

Interview Details You will speak to upper management then to supervisors and also take a test to be sure that you are able to do the job asked. You will be told about the position and expectations pertaining to it in detail.

Interview Question – What are your expectations of the company   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Default Servicing Specialist Interview

Default Servicing Specialist
Carrollton, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio in February 2010.

Interview Details I was told to write a letter about anything. The man interviewing me read the letter, asked a few questions about the content. The interview was over, before reaching home, he called me an offered me the job. This was my first clue that their were issues at this company, but I needed the work.....

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, it was what it was.

Internal Loan Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio.

Interview Details Met with a representative from HR, and talked for a bit. Then met the manger for loans, and talked for a bit.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult or unexpected, just talked about my background and the company.   Answer Question

Customer Advocate Interview

Customer Advocate
Frisco, TX (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio.

Interview Details Disorganized "Cattle Call" at Plano Workforce. Hundreds waited for hours because they didn't specify mortgage experience & they shuffled the sign-in sheets. (should have taken this as a "sign") told I would be called but no. tried to ask, but got a smart-aleck lady. 3rd interview was ok. bullcrap. yuk. interviewed 3 times. not an easy process.

Negotiation Details – they called me with an offer, and it was less than I made before and I was told "it is not negotiable." Was hired at $16, but newbies were hired at $18.00. plenty of people were mad, and we were told they had experience is why they got more. I had experience too. They finally matched my salary (almost), but no benefits going on a year there. They only increased people's salary when they were ashamed of how they had treated people. Worst place I ever worked, but the coworkers were nice.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio.

Interview Details Initial interview was satisfactor, other interviews by upper mgmt were non-intutive and bordering on hostile and non-interest.

Interview Question – How to bail them out of a problem they had with one of their clients.....now why would I do that when I am not on their payroll.   View Answer

Customer Advocate Interview

Carrollton, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio in July 2012.

Interview Details I attended a job fair exactly a week prior to my interview and it was clear at that time that I wanted the job and that I would be called for an interview. I waited two business days and was contacted for an interview by an HR Manager who was friendly and professional. Hours later another manager called to tell me what time to come in for that interview. So far I loved the managers I had met. The following day, I interviewed with a manager who was kind and a little more serious than the others. My only concern at this point is will I become a permanent employee or one of the eternal contractors I saw socializing rather than working. In the interview, I received no guarantee that I'd move up. My mortgage experience seemed irrelevant. I was told that I needed to shine in order to get recognized. And I will.

One thing you should know: There's a test! It's not difficult if you know the difference between a Sentence and a Fragment, have critical thinking skills and have prepared answers for potential interview questions.

Interview Question – None were difficult. You should know how to answer questions like: How did you handle a challenging situation at your job. Strengths and Weaknesses. Relationship with former boss. Things you didn't like about former job. Why did you leave. The dress code and appearance of some of the employees gave me a false sense of security; however the interview was not a super relaxed interview!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because it was more than I expected it to be!

Manager Interview

Carrollton, TX (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio in April 2011.

Interview Details It was an ok experience. Overall, its not about what you know but who you know. they are very flexible, but I think you stand a better chance of moving up if youre popular.

Interview Question – WHat are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Wingspan Portfolio? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wingspan Portfolio interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Wingspan Portfolio employees and interview candidates.