YMCA

2.3

Sales & Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took a dayinterviewed at YMCA in March 2012.

It was exciting prospect. disappointed i didnt get it

Child Watch Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at YMCA.

It was a wonderful interview process and extremely in depth. The YMCA prides itself on hiring high quality employees and goes through an extensive application interview to ensure your values are in alignment with the YMCA values.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a parent experiencing separation anxiety when leaving their child with us?   Answer Question
    No negotiation for this part-time position but it was clearly expressed there would be an opportunity for a raise in 6 months.

Group Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at YMCA.

Longest interview process ever. Some interview over the phone some in person once you get pass that process you have to go get finger printed and drug tested then wait around till your background check and drug test comes back clean then finally sign your new hire paper work. My whole process took about two months

Member Services Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Easy, phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes and an in-person interview the following week with the center director and one other person. Got a call one week later with a job offer and had one 3 days to accept or decline.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? I honestly did not want to work there at the time, but needed a job. And now I love it!!   Answer Question
    did not negotiate. I had a degree and was desperate for a job...any job.

Lead Head Start Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

There will be two interviews. The first one was with the director and education supervisor. They will take turn asking questions and will have a back and forth conversation with you. It is pretty easy if you know what you are talking about. After that if they like you, you will be asked to come in and do a working interview. They will place you in a room and will let you interact with the the teachers and children for about a hour. There are cameras in the room so I'm sure they are watching you the whole time. After that they will call and offer you the job. Took about a week to do.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a parent who was upset with you and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation

Customer Service Representative (Part Time) Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA.

Submitted in person application form to front desk
    Got a phone call in about a week to schedule for in person
    Was interviewed by a Supervisor and was hired on the spot
    Pretty straight forward

Interview Questions
    • Questions overall weren't hard
      Typical interview questions.
      If you were on the phone with a client while another client came to the gym in person seeking assistance, what would you do?

Answer Question
    No negotiation / I did not negotiate
    Pay was fair

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Pretty straight forward. I contacted the Volunteer Coordinator inquiring if they are accepting placement student. And then after that she asked me to hand in my resume by email. By the next day they they had set up a time and day which they would interview me. If you are successful you just have to complete required documentation.

Interview Questions
    • when was the time there was a conflict that you have to resolve it, and what was your course of action?   Answer Question

Nursery Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Easy and laid back. She wrote down my answers to all the questions and gave me a tour of the nursery. Lasted less than 20 minutes and only offered minimum wage. They were very understaffed at the time so it took them a while to get back to me even thought she said it would only take a couple of days. I had to email her several times but overall it was worth it.

Member Services Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at YMCA.

Only interviewed with the membership director. Simple questions, just wanted to get a feel for the person who they will be hiring. Want to make sure you will get along with the community members and know how to handle the general public and that you are friendly.

Interview Questions
    • nothing I can think of. I have been a seasonal employee so I knew the person interviewing me.   Answer Question
    Have worked at this company before

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

They were extremely lax in the process and yet very strategic in what type of person they wanted so it was unclear when talking to the people. They had the interview in a back closet sitting among the school supplies. The interviewer didn't seem to be all there and asked rapid fire questions without seeming to listen. It seemed like she had already made up her mind upon meeting me whether or not she would be willing to hire.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most challenging situation you've experienced with children and how did you handle it?   Answer Question