YMCA

2.3

Sales & Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took a dayinterviewed at YMCA in March 2012.

It was exciting prospect. disappointed i didnt get it

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Pretty straight forward. I contacted the Volunteer Coordinator inquiring if they are accepting placement student. And then after that she asked me to hand in my resume by email. By the next day they they had set up a time and day which they would interview me. If you are successful you just have to complete required documentation.

Interview Questions
    • when was the time there was a conflict that you have to resolve it, and what was your course of action?   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at YMCA.

Only interviewed with the membership director. Simple questions, just wanted to get a feel for the person who they will be hiring. Want to make sure you will get along with the community members and know how to handle the general public and that you are friendly.

Interview Questions
    • nothing I can think of. I have been a seasonal employee so I knew the person interviewing me.   Answer Question
    Have worked at this company before

Nursery Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Easy and laid back. She wrote down my answers to all the questions and gave me a tour of the nursery. Lasted less than 20 minutes and only offered minimum wage. They were very understaffed at the time so it took them a while to get back to me even thought she said it would only take a couple of days. I had to email her several times but overall it was worth it.

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

They were extremely lax in the process and yet very strategic in what type of person they wanted so it was unclear when talking to the people. They had the interview in a back closet sitting among the school supplies. The interviewer didn't seem to be all there and asked rapid fire questions without seeming to listen. It seemed like she had already made up her mind upon meeting me whether or not she would be willing to hire.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most challenging situation you've experienced with children and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Straight forward. Did a phone screen, then an in person interview and an in the water test. Overall process was in line with other interviews I'd done for pool lifeguard positions.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview was unprofessional. Two interviewers were in the interview and one was texting the whole time while asking questions and the other one took a phone call and left the room, and never returned. It seemed like I never had their undivided attention from the start. They mainly asked behavioral questions and the interview did not last longer than 15 minutes. After the interview, they tell you that they will be in contact with you via ApplicantOne (their online application server) in less than 14 days. It took about a week to get a response from them. They told me they found another person for the job, although if they offered it to me I probably would not have taken it due to how unprofessional the interview went.

Fitness Coach Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

1 interview for part time Fitness Coach staff, it was very nice the manager was nice and it was in the gym so it made me feel comfortable. the questions were to make sure i knew about weightlifting and overall "health and fitness". dieting was a plus apparently but not a requirement having a CPT was also a plus but not needed.

Interview Questions
    • if i had a 75 year old client what would i ask them about health and how would i come up with a workout plan and why   Answer Question

Building Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at YMCA in November 2014.

I've seen some bad interviewers before, but this one had to be the worst. I walked in and was instructed to sit down on a bench. Interviewer was late by close to half an hour. This didn't take place in an office, quiet area or anywhere semi private- it literally took place in the entry way of the building. After introducing myself, the first thing I was told was that an internal applied but they had to interview at least 5 people so corp. was satisfied. At that point, I knew I was completely wasting my time. Then I was told the job posting "changed" changed from full time salary to working 2 days per month because it was (again) made to fit the internal. On the phone I was told that we would tour the building, explaining job duties and meet each dept. supervisor- huge lie, as it never happened. Would not recommend this company to ANYONE.

Interview Questions
    • What's the first thing that you would do if you found poop in the pool?   Answer Question

Membership Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at YMCA.

Applied online through their website. Recieved a phone call to schedule an interview about two weeks later. Interview felt awkward. In a small space with another employee doing his work at a desk.

Interview Questions

The hours and the pay were not as posted. Wanted me to work specifically early hours and could not gurantee me more than 10 hours per week.