YMCA Interview Questions

2.3

Sales & Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

The process took a day - interviewed at YMCA in March 2012.

It was exciting prospect. disappointed i didnt get it

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Very simple, they called, I answered. The interview was over Skype. The YMCA hires a lot of people from outside the US so Skype is one of the more efficient ways of interacting. They'll mostly ask you about experience with teaching and leadership qualifications.

Child Care Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in August 2012.

First put in online application on the direct website, received a call and was interviewed over the phone (pre-screened) these questions consisted of summarizing experience, child abuse questions, and qualification verification. Attended panel interview and then individual interview with direct supervisor, then was invited to a staff meeting with the department, waited for 2 week notice, live scan and cpr first aid required. No drug testing for any position.

no negotiating salary

Front Desk Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA.

By the books when it comes to interviews. Very standard interview questions. Practice top 10 interview questions and you will be set. If you are part of a group interview, make sure you speak up and voice your opinion

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Asked about previous experience and why you chose YMCA. Gave a detailed situation that occurs and asks how you would handle it and what procedure you should take afterwards. They asked you about the history of the company and how you feel about the company.

Child Care Aide Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at YMCA.

The director was very friendly and welcoming. I was scheduled for an interview with them the same day. Be yourself and you're bound to be successful. I had 2 interviews. One was face to face and the other one was to "see if it was the right job for me. Can't start until orientation is complete.

Interview Questions
    They're very firm on wages. Minimum wage is the best you'll get until you either get promoted or provide proof that you are an education major and taking edu classes.

Fitness Centre Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at YMCA in August 2014.

This was a very uncomfortable process from the start. When I was called to come in for an interview, they told me that I could only come in at one time or else I wouldn't have a chance to interview. The time was a very inconvenient time to come in, but I wanted to try and get the position. The interview was a very awkward and uncomfortable interview. Most of the questions that I was asked had nothing to do with the answers they wanted from me. Some questions took over 20 minutes, because the actual question that they wanted me to answer had nothing to do with the original questions. (Original Q: tell about a time where you said and did something that people did not like? How did you recognize it and what did you do? Actual question: How do you empathize and how would you teach it?) After the interview, they took me to the gym to supervise one of their staff for 5 minutes and tell them what I thought of the staff. Interview felt very horrible and uncomfortable. I did not expect to get any offer for the job. They ended up calling my current employer to do a reference check, so he and I assumed that I was going to get the job. They ended up not even offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when a staff member you supervised had a performance issue and how did you deal with it   View Answer

Lifeguard Interview

Walked in and they gave me the job, I expected to be asked some questions about my skill level and experience but I was instead asked my availability and how soon I could start. Very easy interview process, hardly considered an interview.

After School Site Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Wayne, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in July 2014.

First: I got a call, asked me about my experience, and asked to come in for group interview.

Group Interview: There was about 15 of us. We did a lot of team builder activities- i.e. charades, name games, if you were stuck on a raft.., etc.

Then I got a call they wanted to offer me a position and do the final interview.

Final Interview: My car broke down so missed my final interview and the next day was training. So, they allowed me to do the training then my interview/fill out paperwork.

Ultimately, after the training I saw I was offered a site assistant job at a pay rate I didn't feel comfortable with. Overall, I loved the experience and wish I was able to take the position. Everyone was so friendly, open, and nice!

Interview Questions

I was offered less hours than initially indicated. The pay rate I didn't feel was appropriate for my specific skill set. (College loans don't pay themselves, unfortunately.) I do however, wish I could have accepted. Great management and co-workers I got to train with.

Wellness Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesapeake, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in October 2012.

The process goes as follow for most open positions: online application, phone interview, one on one interview, group interviews with location and peer. If you get to the one on one interview the chances of getting hired is pretty high.

Interview Questions

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!