YMCA Lifeguard Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

1.7

Lifeguard Interview

Interview

Straight forward. Did a phone screen, then an in person interview and an in the water test. Overall process was in line with other interviews I'd done for pool lifeguard positions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

Lifeguard Interview

Interview

Walked in and they gave me the job, I expected to be asked some questions about my skill level and experience but I was instead asked my availability and how soon I could start. Very easy interview process, hardly considered an interview.

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at YMCA (Spring Hill, FL (US)).

Interview

I filled out an application and I was called for an interview with the Aquatics Director. The interview was quick and consisted of basic questions like why are you interested in this job? What are your past experience as a lifeguard? Availability? Certifications?

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty basic, perhaps the most difficult was why would I like to work as a lifeguard? Be prepared for scenario questions as to how to perform under an emergency.   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, WA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at YMCA (Monroe, WA (US)).

Interview

Easy, very relaxing, standard HR questions. The whole process took approx 10-15 min. As this was lifeguardpostion there was a skills test involved. They would prefer if you were YMCA cert, but they will take others if you show you know your stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nope

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

It was my first job interview, the interviewing process was quicker and easier than I had stressed about. Applied online, submitted cover letter and resume and got a quick email from HR. I went into the actual YMCA and asked about applying and met the supervisor in charge of my department. Scheduled an interview and that was all to it.

Interview Questions

• They gave out a list of advanced terms and asked you to provide the definition.   Answer Question
    • What would I do if ____ happened?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Submitted my application without a resume. I was called in for an interview the next week. The interview was very laid back. Note that I already had 2 years of lifeguarding beforehand. After asking me about my past lifeguarding job and my swim history, I was hired on the spot. We shook hands and I started the next week.

Interview Questions

• Might have been because I've already lifeguarded for a couple years before, but all the interviewer asked me about was if I had ever taught swim before and how much my pay was.   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview

I initially applied via paper to a variety of pools. When I was interviewed, they asked if I had ever done YMCA summer camps, if I knew the YMCA core values, and my school+extracurricular activities. They wanted to gauge how much time one could devote to the job. I had a total of two interviews. I think dressing nicely, acting respectively helped.

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview

No interview, just filled out an application. Had to successfully pass a lifeguarding class. Not really much else to the process.

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

very well done, organized. straight forward brief

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview

It was quick and simple. Basically you are just asked about previous work experience, safety questions that relate to first aid and cpr, as well as situation based questions. For example; "what would you do in this situation.... or if this happend, etc..."

Interview Questions

• It was very easy, not many if any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question