YMCA YMCA Lifeguard Interview Questions

Updated 10 Mar 2015

2.1

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

The interview was very casual. We talked about experiences and availability. We discussed trainings required for the position and I already had many of the needed required skills and certifications.

I interviewed and was hired in the same day. In the end it just came down to how we got along.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous lifeguard experience   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for YMCA

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at YMCA (Newport Beach, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Send in a resume, quick interview. The interview process was quick and painless and the questions were simple expected. The interview is not that hard just review your strengths and weaknesses and be able to explain why you want the job.

Interview Questions

• How is your experience relevant?   1 Answer

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA (Altamonte Springs, FL (US)).

Interview

The interview process was primarily conducted at the primary YMCA of Central Florida. I got hired by my boss by being persistent and returning every week looking for an answer on my application.

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethany, OK (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at YMCA (Bethany, OK (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

I went through 36-hours of training to become YMCA Lifeguard certified and it just so happened that the aquatic director that I spoke to about working there was a training instructor. As we worked through the week of training, she asked me questions about why I wanted to work for them, my experience, etc. By the end of the training she was pretty confident in what she saw that she wanted me for the job. We had a brief interview over the basics and an orientation of the workplace.

Interview Questions

• The only difficult questions was to explain why I desired to work at the YMCA and specifically why I chose Lifeguarding.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My boss just offered me the job and I took it. There wasn't really any negotiation because the pay is fixed by the YMCA. As far as hours go, we were able to discuss flexible options to work with my school schedule. Everything worked out great.

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA.

Interview

First you have to pass the lifeguard class and get an ELLIS AND ASSOCIATES LICENSE. Once you complete the class then you fill out an application and get an interview and a background check.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are easy so there's really no difficulty.   Answer Question

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rhinelander, WI (US)

Interview

The interview was very easy, but I had an in with the previous aquatics manager because I was the best in her class.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Interview

They now do a practical and skills interview in the pool for safety, situations, first aid, and other related activities. When I interviewed in 2006, we had to do a bunch of behavioural questions. There were two interviewers and three of us in the same interview. They asked a lot of behavioural questions on leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team to do something great.   Answer Question

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at YMCA (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Initial planning and interview process was very smooth. There was a skill demonstration section and a behavioral Q&A. After the interview, it took almost a month for them to get back to me, and then another month afterwards before I could start working.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in your life where you overcame a struggle or failure   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, this was an hourly part time job.

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YMCA (Lincoln, NE (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

There was 1 interview where I was asked several questions about lifeguard certification and swimming abilities. I was also asked what I would do in several situations and what kind of a person I am when it comes to telling customers rules.

Interview Questions

• I was asked specific questions about what I learned in lifeguard certification   Answer Question

YMCA Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at YMCA (Monroe, WA (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

Be honest, respectful and responsible. Those with a criminal record need not apply.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever abused a child. Seems like an easy answer but it's basically the only thing they care about and ask over and over through every part of the process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is none. Everyone starts at the same salary.