Yahoo Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2014
Updated 19 Oct 2014

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in April 2010.

3 interviews. Phone screen and 2 with management.

Interview Questions
    Easy. Told them I had counteroffers. (which were true)

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Yahoo.

I received my first interview through a friend who already worked at the company. She introduced me to a director who initially had one of his employees interview me for a position on his team. While I was not a good fit for that team the director connected me with another group at Yahoo. I restarted the interview process with them and was successful.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was not particularly difficult. There were questions about the process behind specific mathematical methods. However, the majority of questions asked how I would approach particular situations at work. Ex. If you need to inform a business unit about the success of x what would you do.

One of the more difficult questions was:
      Use this white board to explain how multiple regression works.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

I went to my university job fair and talked to Yahoo recruiter. They were interviewing people the next day and decided to give me a chance. I did not make it through the interview tho because I did a bad job and did not really have enough time to get prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Combine two lists of Object with different size into one   Answer Question

Software Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

Got interview from university career fair. Pretty average interview, asked lots of questions about implementation of stuff in Java. 30 minute algorithmic and that was it.
    Got an offer to move to next round but declined due to interests in other companies.

Software Engineer Interview

Submit my resume on a career fair. Got a technical phone interview after 2 months. the questions are about data structure and algorithm. e.g. class of tree in C++. and a coding questions concerning tree traversal DFS and BFS.

Other competing offer

Producer Interview

I had one face to face interview with my supervisor. It was a simple conversation where we talked about my experience and type of shows I produced. Within one week I had an offer. I was told that unfortunately, there was no room for negotiation of the contractor pay rate because the budget was set. Looking back, I'm not sure how locked in the rate was.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. I was asked to send the interviewer my reel.   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation of the contractor pay rate because the budget was set.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yahoo in September 2014.

The whole process is quite fast. HR will make a call to you a day before the interview. I got four round in one day. After i finished all the interview. HR will tell you about the result.

Interview Questions
    • some issues in operating system. I didn't prepare for it.   Answer Question

Got a better offer.

Finance Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Yahoo.

Start to finish - background review, fit questions, logic and case studies, finally a walk through of a model based on an example interviewer asked. Overall process took a few weeks but that was considered accelerated so I'm not sure what the real time frame normally is. Everyone was really really friendly and made sure I felt comfortable - which made it difficult to determine if I was a great fit or they were just nice.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through how you'd build a financial model for forecasting X for Yahoo. I'm not sure I can share the X part but know that you'll need to know your modeling inside and out.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo in September 2014.

Very bad experience. They sent a new hire for interview who has limited knowledge of anything. Very bad of Yahoo to send such a newbie for interview when I myself have 2+ years of industry experience.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in September 2014.

I received an email from the Corporate Connection of my college about Yahoo is hiring. I submitted my resume by replying to the email and got a phone interview the next day. Got the onsite interview in less than a week after the phone interview. The onsite interview was 6 hours long and free lunch was provided. Each interview section last about an hour, and it's either 1-1 or 1-2 but always only one person asking.

Interview Questions
    • Got database query questions and Unix commands questions which I don't quite remember   View Answer