Yahoo

Yahoo Interview Questions

Updated 26 Jan 2015
Updated 26 Jan 2015

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in April 2010.

3 interviews. Phone screen and 2 with management.

Interview Questions
    Easy. Told them I had counteroffers. (which were true)

Software Engineer Interview

Had three onsite interviews, which were easy to medium in difficulty. The interviewers did not seem that well prepared but everyone was in general friendly and competent.
    However, HR is a mess. It took them over three months from the day of my onsite interview to send me an actual offer letter, which is completely unacceptable. Furthermore they didn't communicate with me at all--they'd tell me they would get back to me that week and then not respond for another 2-3 weeks. And you can bet they won't reimburse you for your onsite interview.
    I had a good onsite interview experience and might even have considered Yahoo had their recruiting team not been so awful. It really reflects badly on the rest of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Coding question before the interviews started on your own personal computer, can't share however because of NDA   Answer Question

Had offers from better companies that were actually prompt in communicating with me

Associate Product Manager Interview

1st telephonic interview is with a APM, Brief 'Tell me about yourself' introduction, then questions about product design. What is your favorite product? How would you improve it? For mobile, which new application would you suggest Yahoo to develop? In the end, he asked if I had any questions for him.

Interview Questions
    • For mobile, which new application would you suggest Yahoo to develop? Why do you think Yahoo should develop it? How would you go about developing what you suggested?   Answer Question

Insights Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Yahoo.

5-6 rounds of interviews.
    1st round - HR interview - CV scanning, matching JD, listing accomplishments, etc
    2nd round - Hiring Manager - 1 hour, lot of technical questions related to the job, my background, skills, etc
    3rd round - Hiring manager's boss - 30 mins ... very top level questions, vision, abilities, etc
    4th round - Team member - lot of statistics questions, math problems
    5th round - Internal stakeholders - Marketing B2B and B2C managers - random HR type questions, buy-in, difficulties, weaknesses
    6th round - Internal stakeholders - Sales Manager - questions on how Insights can help, story telling, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an Analytical situation at work and explain how you solved it.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is limited and got conned by HR.

Coop Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yahoo.

Basic behavioral questions- tell me about yourself,what do you hope to gain out of this position, asked questions about resume. Easy to talk to. nice and welcoming people.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yahoo.

I submitted on website, got the interview notification in one week. During the interview, the engineer asked me Java basics(such as abstract class/interface, multithreaded), and SQL(join / group), Operation system in very details. The whole interview finished in 30 mins.

Systems Engineer Interview

written test,programming test,2 technical interviews followed by hr.the written test will be easy,programming round will be tough.the technical rounds will depand on the person interviewing u,its not impossible to crack.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo.

telephonic followed by a on site
    computer science back ground
    testing
    time complexity
    efficiency
    4 rounds of on site
    1 round of telephpnic screen and you will be asked to solve a question and they monitor it through collabedit or sites like that
    very basic questions in telephonic screen

Senior Visual UED III Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Yahoo.

It was a pretty standard process overall. I did pursue it rather aggressively from the start until getting an interview. I met with 3 managers representing three different properties within same user experience design group. Fairly basic questions and portfolio review with each reviewer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo in December 2014.

Having read through the reviews on glassdoor I wasn't expecting a smooth process either but since I am a local candidate I didn't have to go through the hassle of going through the travel/stay reimbursements etc. The reviews were true to the core that the recruitment process is a clear indication of the complete chaos in the company. I was invited for an onsite, after clearing the initial phone screen which was fairly a simpler algorithmic challenge. Just revisit your algorithms and data structures especially search, sort, list, trees, graphs, string manipulations etc. An advice to candidates is to not to over do the preparation as they come with a mind set expecting 'the' answer they were looking for and even if you out smart them with an efficient solution it's still frowned upon (which is rather untrue for most companies in the silicon valley).
    The onsite interviews were pathetic, with some interviewers jumping straight onto white-board coding without even a formal introduction. The questions ranged from generating random numbers between 1 and N given a function which returns 0 or 1 with equal probability (binary to decimal!), ways to provide contradicting assignment statements from a list of string assignments of the form ['a=b', 'c=d', 'd=b'] ['a!=d'] etc, string anagram matching, binary search trees. The engineers seemed technically sound/professional and will indeed provide you enough hints in case you run into troubled waters.

Interview Questions
    • A question involving indirect application of DFS on graph (to prove if a list of assignment statements contradict)   Answer Question