Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep 2014
Updated 24 Sep 2014

256 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Yelp.

The interview process was great. You are given amazing feedback and all interviews make you feel like they want you to succeed. The questions make you think. I really enjoyed the interview process and felt challenged but treated fair. Definitely seems like an amazing company just from the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Yelp.

Starts off with a phone interview that is fairly simple and asks what you are currently doing and what you are wanting to do. Pretty much a test to see if you can communicate and have an interesting background and ambition. Then there is 2nd interview where you have three different sections that ask about yourself and general interview questions followed by role play. The role play is not the easiest because they put you on the spot so be quick and keep it simple. After that you should await a phone call the next few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Yelp.

I received an email asking to do a preliminary phone interview and we scheduled it for the following day. I spoke to a male but right away, the conversation felt VERY rushed and he didn't seem very personable. I know I'm the one being interviewed but I personally don't like when interviews feel rushed and unimportant. He just asked me basic questions about my knowledge of the company and the services they offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular but like I said, it felt very rushed.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Yelp.

I was struggling looking for a post-college job so my friend who works at Yelp mentioned this position and sent me a referral invite. I've never had experience with Sales but hey it would be a great experience and the culture is pretty awesome for someone in their early 20's.

Details:
    Took an assessment which was pretty straight forward and then moved on to a phone screen. That was pretty simple too, just have to be able to hold up a conversation. Then got to the on site interview. This for me was pretty tough, they put you in role playing situations and you have to be able to think on your toes and be personable.

While I didn't get the job, I have to appreciate how relatively quick they made the whole process

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were able to convince someone of something   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

First interview is a phone one. Be prepared for a role playing exercise and perhaps some questions about your biggest success or failure so far. Be confident during this interview and you should make it to round 2.

Interview Questions
    • None really. It's a straightforward process if you've ever done a cold call or been in sales. If you haven't, your best bet is to act more aggressive than usual and don't take no for answer during the interview process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Yelp in September 2014.

It was basically just as everyone on here has explained. Three people with different role play situations.They hire many people at a time, so be prepared to be able to have a pleasant conversation on the spot while trying to make a sale and be sure to use their feedback. Not sure exactly what they are looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yelp in September 2014.

3 people interviewed. Scenario questions. Fairly easy scenarios, they just want to see you think and be creative. It was actually a very enjoyable interview. They got a chance to see me talk about my experiences and I got to ask them questions about the position. It felt like a very natural conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Yelp in September 2014.

I first had a phone interview with one of the HR people which was fairly simple and they were very nice. Then they had me come into the office for an interview. I spoke to three different people, the first was a few questions about myself and a quick role play. The second was another role play, but a bit more difficult. The third was just kind of a character review and he asked me what I learned from the first two role plays. Nothing crazy. Do not know if I got the job yet.

Interview Questions
    • The second role play was the most difficult part. They want to see how you respond to a tough situation on the phone.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Applied on Yelp. Filled out a survey and within 2 days was called to schedule an initial phone interview. First interview went smooth, just wanted to make sure I was interested in Yelp and explained in full disclosure what the position was and salary (no negotiation, but good commission structure). Went into the SF office for in-person interview and met with 3 different people. Make sure to know your stuff about Yelp, but more specifically be prepared to tackle three different situations as explained here.

Interview Questions
    • Try to convince a business owner to schedule a time with you to talk about what Yelp can offer   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Yelp.

I got skype interview, and you have to role play. There were three managers, and asked you to role play. It's not difficult but preparing yourself. They are pretty nice and after you role play, and they will give you feedback. You can learn a lot and skills from their feedback.

Worked for Yelp? Contribute to the Community!