Yodle Interview Questions

Updated 18 Sep 2014

2.7

Senior Sales Executivce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Yodle.

It was a 5 step interview process. 1st interview was with the HR Department, 2nd interviews were with the Sales Managers and the final interview was with the Area Sales Director. After I approved through all these steps I had an on the phone closing presentation where they verbally gave me a product and I had to overcome their objections and close them on the spot.

There wasn't a huge long negotiation phase. They are very cut and dry. It is what it is take it or leave it.

Account Executive Interview

The entire process took about a week and a half. I sent my resume and applied online. It took about 4 days for someone to get back to me. I had a phone interview and then I got called into the office for two more interviews before I got hired. The first interview was basic questions, regarding my history and past experience. The last interview was all behavioral, seeing how I would react under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with the objection of someone who doesn't see the value in something?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Yodle in September 2014.

First step of the process completed by telephone. Questions were standard, such as how did you hear about us, what do you know about the company, tell me about your previous sales experience, etc. There were also questions regarding computer skills. The interviewer was well informed and very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Was told if they were interested, I would hear back by phone or e-mail.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

30 minute shadow of a rep on the floor, followed by making a powerpoint slide with your name and date on it just to show you can use a computer.

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked, except how do you want your name for your company email   Answer Question
    is none, strict 20k base

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yodle.

interview phone & in person (Year ago)really nothing to add - very easy - will take most anyone breathing that can answer a few questions and can handle a power point - must be able to read!

Interview Questions
    • what kind of salesman are you Samaria or nijia   View Answer
    none

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. I responded and have not heard back. I prepared to talk to the recruiter based on the time I told him was best for me. It is quite heartbreaking and extremely unprofessional on the recruiter's part. Im very disappointed.

Web/Graphic Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yodle.

Multiple phone interviews at first than an in-office interview with various members of the team. Recruiter was very nice and helpful during the whole process. Interview with team was fairly lengthy but felt they should have had better questions prepared.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Yodle in August 2014.

I applied online and two days later I received a phone call for an initial interview. The first interview was with two people, mainly assessing my interest in the company and the position, as well as my going over my experience. The second interview with the hiring manager was a behavioral one asking questions about different scenarios I might face or dealt with in the past.

Some of the questions: Why Yodle? Why you? Sales experience? Most successful/challenging sale?

Take it or leave it

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Yodle in August 2014.

Within hours of submitting my application online, I received a screening interview call. The call lasted under ten minutes and was primarily based on confirming the information on my résumé. At the end of call a 1:1 interview was set up with the Hiring Manager for the following day.

The second interview began by focusing on my résumé — specifically the cold calling experience I have. The quotas are based on attaining 15 solid leads per week. Commissions for these are split with the senior reps when the accounts close.

After assessing that my skill set might be above entry level, the manager explained the senior rep opportunities explaining the differences between the transactional and relational sales opportunities. Both have a $20K base salary with commission ranging from 40-70% depending on where your monthly sales fall within the entirety of the sales reps. After explaining all of this to me, the manager paused and asked what I thought. Turns out this was actually a job offer.

I was a bit caught off-guard since I was not expecting an offer after a 20 minute conversation. I inquired as to benefits and vacation and was informed that the position included medical with Aetna, dental/vision, pet insurance, 3 weeks vacation (10 hours accrued per month), and company holidays (10 per year).

Interview Questions
    • How many cold calls were you expected to make in a day? And how many closes were you expected to make in a week?   Answer Question

While this is clearly a rapidly growing company, the entirety of their sales is based on scripted cold calling. It appears to be a fantastic place to gain experience and demonstrate quota capacities. However, at this juncture, it does not seem the most appropriate career step for my goals.

Data Scientist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Yodle.

I was contacted by Yodle Recruiter on linkedin. She set up a phone interview for me with one of her colleagues. After passing that interview, I would have gone for an in person interview. This was my first interview and definitely could have gone a bit better. I was also taken a bit aback when the interviewer wanted to ask me about the salary range during the phone interview. It seemed a bit early in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a time when you used a predictive analysis. (It was fine to mention school projects).   View Answer

Worked for Yodle? Contribute to the Community!