Zerin Business Consulting

Updated 12 Sep 2014
Updated 12 Sep 2014

2.5

Entry Level Junior Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Received a phone call Thursday morning from a cheerful young lady who found my resume on a job board and said that I was an ideal candidate for a position at her company. She asked if the Falls Church area was still good for me. She spoke very fast and didn't explain anything. I thought it was a joke. Nonetheless, I scheduled an interview for the following afternoon. I emailed her and asked for a position description and read some reviews online. Turned out to be a glorified door to door sales position.

Not interested in sales

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

I only attended the first interview. The people were very nice and the interview wasn't difficult, however they did wait until the end of the interview to mention that it is entirely commission pay. If the job posting had said it was commission based pay then I would probably not have applied.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me when I could start and wanted it to be in the next few days. Be aware before you apply that they really want to move quickly.   View Answer

I don't want to work for commission.

Entry Level Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in September 2014.

I submitted an application via careerbuilder and was contacted aggressively within the week for an interview.

The initial request for an interview was via e-mail, with a follow-up interview over the phone the next morning before I was able to respond to the e-mail. Rachel, in human resources, requested that I be available for an interview the next day on short notice. When I asked to interview the next week, due to other work commitments she stated she would have to talk to management.

I followed up with her via email asking for more information on the position and responsibilities, stating that I was not looking for a sales position she responded with an absolutely vague, important sounding position title that gave no information on the duties.

Ultimately, I officially withdrew my application after that via e-mail for several reasons:

-the HR specialist I spoke with seemed too young, and expressed herself too casually

-despite my inquires the HR representative presented false information and failed to directly answer my questions

This is a great company for recent graduates that have no qualms about working in an aggressive, fast-paced environment that are young, and want experience, but if you're looking for a more complex role in a developed organization this isn't the place for you.

Junior Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

I was first called to set up the initial interview. They asked general questions for about 10mins. then described the company for about 15mins. I was asked back for a second interview the next day where I was told would be a "day in the life of" type interview. So I would be shadowing an associate. I was still unsure though of what the job was. It was in that day I found out it was a door to door sales job selling Verzion Fios. I spent 7 hours going door to door with one of the associates and since I was not told about this I was wearing dress clothes and uncomfortable shoes that gave me blisters and a poor opinion about the company. Also, was told that most days I would be going door to door solo which made me feel very unsafe and nobody seemed to care about the safety side of it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult or unexpected. Just the typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Management Traine Program Interview

They initially had a phone interview. Then next day they called for an in person interview. The interview was quick and last 10 minutes. They told me to get back by the end of the day. In the evening, I got a call and was invited again next day for 6-7 hours. This did not make sense to me. Upon further research, I found out that it is just a door to door sales job with no or minimal salary.

Interview Questions

This was not what I was looking for in a job.

Junior Executive Interview

Applied on career builder, got the call instantly and set up an interview for the following day. The interview lasted 15 minutes, with general questions like "professional weakness?, 3 words to describe yourself, what do you like to do for fun" blah blah blah. explained they work with verizon but didn't give a description as to what the job would entail as it was just a preliminary interview and if i happened to get selected for round 2 then it would go into more detail. talked about the company and how they have happy hour together every thursday night and take trips together-whatever. afterwards i got down to the lobby and asked someone sitting down where the bathroom was, he directed me and then afterwards when i came out of the bathroom asked me who i just interviewed with bc i was holding a folder with my resume/notebook. told him and he said its his 4th day on the job, i asked "so whats the job like, what do you do there?" he replied with "i can't tell u what i do its a secret, i'm not supposed to tell anyone". so i asked "what do u mean you can't tell me?" he said if i got the call for the second round interview later in the day then they would explain more what the job was . sounded super sketchy and fishy, who says "i can't tell you what i do?" unless you work for the secret service or something?! i never ever write reviews for places but this one really shook me to the bone and i wanted to get it out there of what this place was like. nonetheless- when i left the office where the interview was at the walked to the lobby, about 10 other people were in there waiting to be interviewed. must be a high turnover rate. wonder why. just got the call for a second interview too but declined. I've read enough reviews about this place that I've concluded its a waste of time

Entry Level Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

I had 2 interviews. The first was a brief one on one interview where the employee went through a list of questions. I received a call the same day stating I received a second interview. The second was also a one on one interview where the employee went into detail about the job. I received a call the next day stating that I received the job and could come in the next day to fill out paperwork. I thought this was surprising, as I did not accept the position, but asked to have time to think about it. I ended up declining.

I was surprised at how many people were there interviewing. There had to be at least 10-15 people waiting for interviews during the few hours I was there. Shows that there is a high turnover rate, which is not good. Also surprised at how unprofessional the office and people waiting to be interviewed were. They were blasting music, and those waiting for interviews did not have on proper interview attire (club dresses & heels, no full suits) and some didn't even bring their resumes with them!

Interview Questions

I don't want to do door to door sales, plus, this company does not sound legit

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in July 2014.

I was contacted via phone after submitting my resume to interview for the position. Upon arriving at their location I was very pleasantly greeted and made comfortable before the interviewer could see me. (Nice atmosphere, quiet, modern music, but uncomfortable hard plastic chairs.)

Interview Questions
    • 'Does cold calls, sales, and marketing sound like something you would be comfortable doing?'   View Answer

They will not accept you unless you are a salesperson. I responded to a training position, went in with that intent, and they attempted to thrust another position on me.

Junior Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in July 2014.

There was only one interview. They asked basic questions like, what makes a leader, things that describe yourself, and where do you see yourself in 5 years. My resume and qualifications had nothing to do with the job however they still offered me a position.
    - I declined the offer mainly to the fact that it it commission only and its door to door sales of Verizon fios.

Entry Level Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

I was contacted by Zerin's HR person and asked if I would be interested in coming in for an interview. I had never heard of the company but figured I would come in and see if it was interesting. The initial interview was very short and easy, and I got called back within a couple hours inviting me in for a follow up interview. The second interview seemed to be more of a personality interview than anything else. I had coffee with one of the Executives and then another brief interview with the CEO, all easy questions.

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between direct marketing and advertising?   View Answer

A large portion of the job was door-to-door sales which is not for me.

Worked for Zerin Business Consulting? Contribute to the Community!