Zerin Business Consulting

90 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Executive Interview

McLean, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in February 2013.

Interview Details Straightforward quick first interview. Second interview goes over pay scale and advancement. Everyone is nice and willing to answer questions and they all seem to genuinely care about the company and the people there.

Interview Question – How you define success?   View Answer

Zerin Business Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview Details I was called for interview with the managers, passed the first round, and was called for the second round interview

Junior Executive Interview

Junior Executive
McLean, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in January 2014.

Interview Details The ad was posted on Careerbuilder. The recruiter called and had an interview set up with me to meet the managers at the office. They asked straight forward questions that seemed to go fairly well then I came back to do a job shadow I talked one on one with an employee and learned about the company advance opportunities. Overall everything went smoothly.

Interview Question – Describe a day in the life of your idea job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $38,000

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level
McLean, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in December 2013.

Interview Details It's a very fast process. I applied online and received an interview offer within a handful of days. I interviewed directly with the hiring manager then came into the office for in person job shadow. The people I interviewed with were really terrific. Some of the higher ups have strong personalities and are very blunt about the requirements and position which takes a little getting used to.

Interview Question – Tell me about your previous position and what you know about Zerin   Answer Question

Entry Level Executive Interview

Entry Level Executive
McLean, VA (US)

Interview Details I applied in several different departments at Zerin online. Including the human resources, accounting and sales departments. I was contacted and asked for an interview. The building was a little tricky for me to find but was able to with a little help from the receptionist. I was initially impressed with the office and office building (coming from a commercial real estate background) considering that they are a newer company and knowing what it takes to be approved in class A buildings I knew they had to be doing something right. My next impression was from the employees they were once again helpful and made me feel important. I came back for another interview and got to know one of the employees during my job shadow more and was impressed with the entrepreneurial focus he had. I was offered a position!

Interview Question – Favorite karaoke song and why   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was fairly straight forward. Starting with a weekly salary of $30,000 then to earn commissions weekly as well as bonuses and travel opps.

Door to Door Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview Details They will do a preliminary interview and explain the company. The next day you will received a call for a 2nd round interview and a leader will be selected for you. You will then hit the field (rain/shine/hurricane, etc) and return back to the office 8hrs later..

Negotiation Details – NONE! Full commission!

Very Easy Interview

Entry Level Executive Interview

Entry Level Executive

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in December 2013.

Interview Details Got a call from one of their recruiters. She seemed sweet, but it was way too obvious she was reading from a script. Still, I set up an interview. The fact that she sounded like a telemarketer did not comfort me-- it instantly made me understand that if she has to read from a script, this company churns through lots of salespeople. Assuming their turnover is that high, it's very likely this "Entry Level Management" position is nothing more than a glorified sales position. I also surmised she needed a script because the company doesn't want her saying too much about the job, which is a major red flag. (I'd asked if the position was salary, salary plus commission or strictly commission. This was a very direct question. She said that it was a "mixture" of all three during training and asked if that answered my question. Seriously? I laughed and told her it sounded rather vague to me.)

Did a little digging, and sure enough: it's door-to-door sales for Verizon Fios. Plus, I found out they are pretty much only commission. Judging from the other GD reviews, sounds like I would've had to pay for my own gas to get to and fro these appointments with "warm" (not) leads, too. No thanks.

I promptly cancelled my appointment after learning the aforementioned info.

Interview Question – The only question I can remember is if Tysons Corner is an okay drive for me. Everything else the interviewer said was an attempt to sell me on the company and the job "opportunity."   Answer Question

Entry Level Junior Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview Details They brought me in for a first round interview where the interviewer asked me typical interview questions, wasn't difficult. Told me they would call me the next day if they want to do a second round interview. Got asked back for a second round interview which they told me I would be shadowing people for a day. When I got there, I met with several people and they told me we were going to go meet our clients. So I was thinking I would be in an office environment doing a typical daily job. Turns out I was driven out to DC by the two people I was shadowing with (who were very nice) and we walked in several neighborhoods doing door to door sales for Verizon Fios Cable. This was during the summer where it was at least 90 degrees outside, they never told me to wear comfortable shoes (I was wearing stilettos). I walked around with these people for 6 hours in the scorching hot sweating in my nice brand new work clothes. Was I told that we would be doing this? No...they clearly try to trick you on purpose into going to these second round interviews. As soon as I realized we were doing door to door sales I wanted to leave and basically say good riddance, but I rode in the car with them out there, so I had no choice but to stay all day. Now I will tell you, the people I was shadowing were very nice and knew what they were doing and how to make a sale. But they clearly meant to mislead me into shadowing a full day of door to door sales in high heels in 90 degree weather. This may be for some people, but definitely not for me. Oh and I almost forgot, I didn't get back to the office until 8pm for a "closing interview". If you dont want to sit in an office all day, then this is completely for you. However, the fact that you are doing labor work and only getting paid commission with no base salary is bull to me. Since then, i've been super careful to pay close attention to detail in job descriptions...usually for entry level positions they will say "a face to face approach with clients" so definitely watch out for that!

Interview Question – What's the difference between paid media, owned media, and earned media?   Answer Question

Entry Level Review Interview

McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details I was recruited out of college. An interviewer came to my college and scheduled interviews in the business department. The interview took about 30 minutes. I was then invited to the office to have another interview. This interview was longer since I was shadowing the employee who I was potentially going to replace since they had received a promotion. They showed me what they do for the day then told me about the pay which was a combination of base pay plus commission. I met with the manager at the office and they offered me a position right then.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the table to help our clients?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation the pay was straight forward. Base plus commission.

Entry Level Sports Minded Professional Interview

Entry Level Sports Minded Professional
McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details Behavior based interview. A few preliminary questions such as "tell me about yourself." and then 5 behavioral questions. Took about 25 minutes. I was offered an interview from a career fair and the meeting was scheduled 2 weeks out. The preliminary interviewer advised me to research and implement the STAR method of interview. This includes describing the situation, stating all that happened in the even, and then the out come. This is the format you should answer in.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a second and third round interview.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zerin Business Consulting

Worked for Zerin Business Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zerin Business Consulting interview questions and advice. All 90 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Zerin Business Consulting employees and interview candidates.