Zones Account Executive Interview Questions & Reviews

17 interviews

2.4

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zones in April 2014.

In person interview with a recruiter, personality assessment, than final interview with a sales manager.

Interview Questions
I countered, but there isn't much flex in the base salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Zones

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Zones.

Nice people, show in interview that you have a passion for IT and sales and your golden.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Zones in January 2013.

First met with a recruiter at a College Career, following day recruiters did personal interviews with collegiate candidates. If selected recruiters asked you to completed an online application, which was emailed. Group of about 12 visited office location to see office environment, conduct a personal interview with a manager as well as three-typed essay questions regarding sales, business skills, an example regarding a difficult situation which you showed adversity. Upon successful completion of the in-person interview, met with the recruiter one last time, and was informed would be notified by phone if position was offered or not.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we invest in training you, when we could swayed someone to come over from one of our competitors to make us more money?   Answer Question

The manager whom I did my one-on-one interview with in the Portland office, looked at my resume which detailed most of my work experience centering around my time served in the military and said: "So you've never had a real job."

Was literally speechless for a few seconds, especially after doing multiple tours overseas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zones in December 2011.

I was recruited on campus by a college recruiter. I had a phone interview and then 1 in person interview

Interview Questions
    • Can't really remember. Most questions were behavioral (give me an example of when...)   Answer Question
    You had about 5 days to tell them if you accepted the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Zones.

The process for me was very simple and quick. This is probably because they run through AE's faster than Roy Hibbert can drink a Gatorade. Anyways, I had a phone interview (45 minutes) and then an in person interview (1 hour). The phone interview was with HR and the in person was with a sales manager. Both were pretty easy and very similar. Questions include: Why sales? Why IT? Why Zones? What is your biggest weakness? Etc. Very easy and unless you have the intelligence of a donkey then you will get the job. Oh, and no drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage adversity? What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome and how did you do it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Base salary is $32,500 and then you get bonus and commission. However, earning commission (which will determine how much bonus you get, and this is usually none) is very difficult. The IT market is over saturated which forces you to sell products at next to zero margin. For example, I sold 10K worth of hardware and earned $3 in commission from it based on the incredibly low margin I had to take in order to win the deal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Zones in February 2013.

Recruiting seemed desperate to get the new office filled, and somewhat unprofessional. I had an interview at the career fair, I felt like they did most of the talking. Some of the questions asked were about the company - do you know how we are? Don't try researching the company too much because their private and don't release a lot of info, but you can find some info on their FB, Twitter, or LinkedIn page. Also, I was asked 'why IT sales? why sales?'. It's pretty basic and relaxed. I think they are doing this over the phone now for people who aren't hired through a career fair.

If you get past round one, they then ask you to complete an application and a personality test online (if you haven't already done so).

The next step was to have and interview at the Chicago office. There was about 10 other people there, and they gave us a presentation on the company and the job. After that they had us break off and interview with different managers. The interview was pretty relaxed, they want to get to know you personally, figure out why you would be a good fit for the company. Don't be ashamed if you didn't understand their question, ask them "what do you mean by that?" They want to see if you can answer difficult questions, because that's sales. Be able to communicate what you mean clearly, ask questions if you don't understand, build relationships, and be confident.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 years, 5 years, 10 years+?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Everyone starts at a base salary of $32,500 with a commission structure of 10% off the margin. Apparently this makes fair for everyone…

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Zones.

Recruiter recruits heavily at college events. Will reach out to all applicants. They interview based on personality. They leave you in a room with current employees to get a feel for you. They want to you be outgoing and communicative. It's a sale job so expect to sale yourself. After trying to convince you and a room of other applicants on why Zones, then you move on to interview with a sales manager. You are rated on a scale of 1-5. Based on some personality test you take. They want to know that you are flexible to deal with the unorganized organization. They are looking to see if you are willing and able to make 50+ dials a day cold calling.

Interview Questions
    They typical offer everyone 32,500 but will negotiate to 35,000. Always negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Zones in May 2013.

First a phone interview- have to sell yourself and show success in overcoming objections, being tenacious and competative. Second interview in the office. Office tour, interview with HR Crystal, interview with two current Account Executives, and interview with a manager or VP. Very laid back and asking all the normal sales questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Zones in July 2012.

It was very easy, they will ask you to sell a pen. They do mass hiring because they are a turn and burn business.

Interview Questions
    They do not negotiate I believe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Zones in September 2011.

So I met a recruiter from a networking event. When I went on to interview with them I was grouped with another 3 applicants and we did a tour of the facilities. The build was kind of dirty looking. We were taken through the sales floor to get a feel of the pace of the environment. Then we had our individual meetings with one of the sales managers. It was not too difficult.

Interview Questions

Worked for Zones? Contribute to the Community!