eBay Enterprise

52 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2013.

Interview Details 1 phone interview, 1 face to face

Interview Question – none really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much

User Experiance Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview Details Interview process is not super stressful. If you have connections or a recommendation in the company it is pretty easy to get a job.

Interview Question – I don't feel like there were very difficult questions   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Buyer

Interviewed at eBay Enterprise

Interview Details Had one interview during the start phase of the company

Interview Question – Are you a dog lover   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2010.

Interview Details 2 rounds on phone, 2 rounds in person

Interview Question – nothing particularly specific, just needed to show general competence.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – over the phone back and forth on salary

Chief of Staff to Chief Executive Officer of Global Operations Interview

Interviewed at eBay Enterprise

Interview Details 3 hour meeting with the CEO followed by six 1 hour interviews with his direct reports. Very in-depth, but comfortable rapport.

Interview Question – What was your most strategic contribution in a previous position that resulted in unprecedented business results   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered $25K less than I desired. I responded with my sincere interest in the job and the assurance that I would exceed expectations as I have proven in past leadership roles justifies my salary at $125K.

Marketing Interview

King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview Details One of the strangest interviews in which I've been involved.
My buddy works there and after a couple emails to and from HR, they brought me in for an interview.
I met with the hiring manager and things seemed to go really well. I had about 90% of the qualifications in the interviewer seemed interested and engaged. We spoke for about 25 minutes; a good introductory meeting.
Then...I met with the HR generalist. Yes, AFTER meeting with the guy who was actually hiring for the position.

She was harried and unfocused as she entered the room. She barely looked into my eyes and gave me one of those limp handshakes. She admitted to me that she didn't have time to review this job posting, which was a bit unsettling. This is the head of HR for the company, by the way.

She gave my resume a cursory glance and proceeded to ask me rapid-fire skills questions ("Do you have 5+ years of SQL?", "How would you rate you Office skills?"). She looked up at me, maybe two times. There was very little interaction, throughout the process.

Her portion of the interview lasted 10 minutes, tops.

After that brief Q&A session I felt uneasy, after previously feeling very confident with the guy who actually knew about the requirements for the position.

Here's the kicker: When I arrived home from the interview, there was an email from the HR person waiting for me, saying that I would not be offered the job! Whoa, eBay, how about some professional courtesy? How about some consideration? At least let me get my hopes up.

It was a subtly condescending letter, too; saying something like, "maybe you should apply to something that better matches your skill set and experience," as if I had never heard of or experienced any of the things that were talked about in the interview.

eBay/GSI Commerce: please instruct your HR people to respect all applicants, regardless of their qualifications. Oh, and maybe you should have an HR representative speak to your interviewee, first!

Interview Question – Can't remember. I think they were all answered appropriately.   Answer Question

Studio Producer Interview

King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2013.

Interview Details They reached out to me about an open position. Flew in for an interview. The communication was very open. Was in constant contact with the HR team throughout the process. The people I interviewed with gave a very detailed message about that they thought of the interview, which is always nice.

Interview Question – What are some of your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate, but there was no budging on their end.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Melbourne, FL (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in September 2011.

Interview Details When I first interviewed (in 2011), I had answered an ad placed directly by GSI Commerce on the EmployFlorida job board. I was called with an interview appointment - and informed it would be a panel interview. There were multiple interviewers across the table from multiple prospective employees, and each prospective employee answered the same questions in rote from the panel. The following year (2012), the company had farmed out the application process to an employment agency, and it was bungled several times. I went in initially and filled out the application at the employment agency, then waited for an interview appointment. In the meantime, various offices of the same employment agency began calling me asking if I would like to come in and fill out an application. I kept telling them I had already done that and was waiting for an interview appointment. Finally - after a couple of weeks of this, I went by the original employment office and found out they just hadn't done anything with my application and they set up an interview for me then.

Interview Question – The questions weren't particularly difficult. I think they just want to hear if you speak clearly and with good grammar, and if you come across as having an alert, interested demeanor. The only one I remember was to describe a time when I had to handle a situation at work for which there had been no training.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation. It's a simple at-will seasonal position with fairly decent pay.

Developer In Test Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2013.

Interview Details I went through 1 general with minimal technical phone screening interview followed by 2 more technical phone interview that involved writing data structure code. Then I had 6 on site deeply technical interview with team leads, managers and a director of QA and development teams. Given I never worked for ebay before, I thought I have provided good answers to questions (problems/issues they they were trying to solve internally at the time of my interview). According to my interviewers, they were impressed with the solutions I have provided them to a couple of problems they were saving. In fact, one of them told me that he would like to use the solution I gave to a problem to a problem they were facing. Overall, I felt it went really well. Few days later, the recruiter informed me that they couldn't make decisions and wanted me to go through a couple of interviews to find me a "better fit" in their organization. Then "a couple" turned to 5 more technical & brain teasers interviews over the phone with leads, managers and a director. Few days later my recruiter informed me that they decided to hire another person.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked is that, a search for a specific item returns results in which each result item has several attributes such as seller score ...etc. How do you know the attributes of each result is real users data. How can you trust the data when you don't have anything to compare or validate against?   Answer Question

Principal Performance Engineer Interview

King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2009.

Interview Details They asked a lot of LoadRunner questions and Automation questions. Pretty easy for me but others will struggle if they aren't experts.

Interview Question – Some of the questions were opinionated. Like what's the best metric for performance testing.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – wanted more money

Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Enterprise

Worked for eBay Enterprise? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Enterprise interview questions and advice. All 52 interview reviews are posted anonymously by eBay Enterprise employees and interview candidates.