eBay Enterprise Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014
Updated 25 Sep 2014

2.8

High Fashion Inbound Calls Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Was contacted for a seasonal position, asked to come in the next day. The interview was strange they interviewed us 6 at a time and went around and asked us each "Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and what you did" so it was a bit awkward to do this in a group setting. We then had to call a number and use a pin and sort of roleplay 3 different call scenarios. After this we were told they'd contact those who were to move forward by the end of the day. I received no call and shrugged it off until I got a call the next day and was asked to come in the following morning which I agreed to. This time there were 50+ people waiting for their 1st interview and the recruiter took us back in 2's for the high fashion positions, we were asked basic "tell me about a time" questions and to give details about ourselves. Upon finishing I was asked to stay and the person with me was told they'd be called - I was scheduled for orientation at that time.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about your area of opportunity" I haven't had a ton of jobs so this threw me as I have never heard the phrase before.   Answer Question
    No negotiating they have plenty of people in line for your seat, you are able to pick shifts, days off etc assuming they aren't taken.

Seasonal Customer Service Work From Home Interview

I applied online - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

I was contacted by Adecco (the staffing agency) the day after I applied. I was then instructed that I would have to drive an hour to meet with the staffing agency for an interview and I was sent e-mails where I filled out all of my payment and tax information (before the interview, mind you). I also had to take a few tests online to determine if I could problem solve, type fast, etc. I drove all the way to the in-person interview that lasted about 10 minutes. It wasn't even an interview then I was told someone from eBay Enterprise was going to call me for a phone interview. The interview was about five questions and very easy.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions. They did ask how this position related to your future goals.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in September 2014.

Applied via the website and got a phone call the next day to setup an interview at the end of the week
    The interview was quite easy, just completed online assessments and background check before the day. Came in with my resume in hand and then got interviewed for the position.

Call Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in September 2014.

You get lead to believe you are going to be hired....5 interviews later, they do not hire you or anyone else.... they do not hire you unless you are an entry level worker. If you are a polished professional, forget it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a stressful situation with a customer and how you handled it.   View Answer

User Interface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

I had a phone interview, take home technical test and in-person interview with four different people. I was told that I should be prepared to work 45-50 hours per week, and more at crunch time. The process was very slow, but pleasant.

Senior Specialist, Client Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in July 2014.

HR contacted me within days of my application. Then it moved very fast with a phone interview with the hiring manager and then an in-person interview the next week which was very laid back and comfortable. All went well and expected an offer based upon what was said during the interview. Was told I would receive a call from HR. Sent a follow-up a week after. Still no reply. Only found out I did not get the job by looking at my profile in the online system.

Interview Questions
    • What are you most nervous about regarding this position.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Several rounds of interviews, case style questions, as well as general behavioral stuff. Not any different from any other large, fortune 500 company interview process. Met with several people, at several levels, including the GM of the product, hiring manager, and future team members.

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2014.

phone interview with human resourse, then online programming interview with an engineer, then onsite interview for almost a day with 4 sets of people. 2 people asking algorithm related questions asking to write in the board, then coding test, then lunch interview and then with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Creating an application for 5 Card Draw. Will be asked on site, to check for design pattern skill.   Answer Question

Test Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in April 2014.

Received e-mail within a few days. Successful HR interview, passed info to hiring manager, was told I'd hear back early next week. After letting that week pass I called for follow-up. Two days later I got a reply - a "we're going with another candidate" form letter. I found that weak.

Interview Questions
    • I knew nothing about the domain or the tools they use. However, an hour on wikipedia to look up the domain and tools allowed me to provide relevant related experience. It was enough to get me through the initial interview.   Answer Question

E-commerce Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2014.

I experienced two phone interviews with this company. They asked very relevant questions with no surprises. They were very friendly and attentive. The first interview was with one person, the second was a conference call with two hiring staff from the department I would have worked with. That's right, I didn't get the job. For some reason the company moved the position across the country. It's a shame really; I would have blown them away. Maybe next time...

Interview Questions
    • There really was no difficult questions. Interviews are never fun. I imagine the feeling is mutual on both sides. I can say that my interview with eBay Enterprise less uncomfortable than most other interview experiences. I never interviewed in person.   Answer Question

Worked for eBay Enterprise? Contribute to the Community!