eBay Inc.

Updated 12 Dec 2014

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at eBay Inc..

Ebay needs a more standard recruiting process. I applied through a career fair at my university. The interview process took two months for me, with an in person at my campus and a long one at their HQ.

Interview questions were creative and product based. It wasn't too technical, although I did have to give some considerations to the technical feasibility of my ideas.

Interview Questions
    • How can you improve <insert random product>?   View Answer

Resolutions Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at eBay Inc..

simple...because of expierence...got job on the spot...very nice people and they are relaxed so its easy to talk to them.they are down to earth and if you got the talent just show personality.

none

Customer Solutions Teammate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at eBay Inc. in December 2014.

After applying and submitting my resume online, it took about a week to receive a phone call to schedule a phone interview.
    The phone interview took about 30 minutes. I was given a brief description if the job I was being interviewed for, the shift times/days, the job location, and the pay rate. During the phone interview I was asked typical behavioral questions like "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer", "Tell me about a time when you above and beyond your job duties in order to get the job done". (They really want the interviewee to give specific examples from their experience with a positive outcome.) I was given immediate feedback and ways to prepare for the next step of the hiring process (face-to-face interview).
    I was offered a face-to-face interview at the end of my phone interview. The next step was providing eBay with 5 references (at least 2 of those references had to be past or present supervisors/managers) before I could be allowed to attend the face-to-face interview.

Arrive at least 15-minutes early to the facility where you will be given the face-to-face interview, as you will have to go through security and be asked to show a valid ID (make sure you have a valid ID with you).
    At the face-to-face interview, there were 3 job candidates scheduled at the same time slot, which I felt was awkward at first. At the end of my interview, I understood why eBay does a "group" tour/assessment: to save them time and resources. We were given a brief tour of the call center, asked to complete a computer assessment, and given the opportunity to observe a live call with a representative.
    During the computer assessment, there are 3 "scripted" call scenarios that are listened to. While listening there is information to correct and submit (the information is not paused or repeated, so listen carefully and type quickly), and a timed typing test (which begins as soon as the screen appears, so click in the box and begin right away). At the end of the computer assessment, there is a recorded live call to observe and take notes on. (Take notes as the interviewer will ask for your opinion on the caller and teammate, and maybe how you would have handled the call differently.)
    After the assessment, they will either ask you to move to a semi-private room to meet with the interviewer (department team-leader), or ask you to observe live calls with a representative for about 20-minutes.
    During the actual interview, you are asked more behavioral questions as well as "Why did you apply for this position", "Tell me about a time when you had a bad experience as a customer, and what would have done differently (as the business representative) to make the customer's experience better", "Tell me about a time when a co-worker made a mistake in front of a customer and what you did to correct it", and "Tell be about a time when you to meet certain goals or metrics and how you were able to accomplish them". After the 20-ish minute interview, I was asked if had any questions, so I asked, "What does a typical work day look like in the call center?". The interviewer was more than happy to answer that, and was able to share what the expectations would be as far as personal metrics and goals for the position. The interviewer said I would hear something by the end of the week (2-3 days).
    All in all, I have greatly enjoyed the hiring process with eBay thus far. It has been been very informative, and a great way to see what the job expectations are first-hand.
    I received an email the day after the face-to-face interview, for the background check, and am awaiting a response within 1-3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a customer that had previously had a bad experience with your company."   View Answer

Senior Manager, Advertising Client Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at eBay Inc..

Had to fill out questionnaire with standard questions like why do you want to work at eBay, tell us about your current job, skills that you have that are relevant to the position. I got through that round no problem. The worse part is that the hiring manager changed the job spec an hour before my call with HR. I was more than qualified up until that point. Was eliminated because the hiring manager didn't like that I wasn't currently working in the industry (even though again I had more than the desired industry experience). Can't get a job with the company unless you currently have a job.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult about the questioning because HR didn't fully understand the requirements.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at eBay Inc..

Was shortlisted for a interview and called to the Mumbai office for a personal interview. I arrived 15 minutes before the scheduled interview and told the reception I had arrived for the interview.

The interviewer was not in office at that time. I waited for more than an hour for the interviewer to arrive, he never did. I contacted the HR by phone she told me to just wait.

Frustrated I finally left after informing the reception. I never received any communication from eBay, they didn't even bother to apologize.

I was interviewing for a position two levels below the CEO and then this was my experience.

Key Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc..

I was contacted by an eBay recruiter who interviewed me over the phone. Once he approved, then he setup a day of interviews where I had 2 back to back panel interviews. I received an offer within 2 weeks of my last interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker. How did you handle the situation, and what was the final result.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc..

It was very ad-hoc due to some informal timing. It started with a career fair at my university. I had a screening interview, and then applied online. A few weeks later I was contacted to come on campus for interviews. I met with a couple of teams in platforms and services, and had some excellent conversations with the managers.

Interview Questions

Still evaluating, but I have a better one waiting.

Marketing Interview

Applied online and got an interview.
    It was not too simple in the beginning since they have specific wants in the resume and stuff
    however, I managed and was able to get the position.
    During the interveiw they asked me a few behavioural questions and they also asked me what i did in the past internships. I had to say what kind of leadership roles i took during my past internship and they also asked what were my weaknesses during that time.
    Overall interview was not too bad, maybe because it was for a random marketing intern position.
    Overall good,and i had a great experience working at ebay.

Knowledge Management Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online – interviewed at eBay Inc..

I had applied online and got a call in late March. Interview process went on until May. They took a lot of time to get back with results. I was able to get through until the last round but couldn't make it finally. The questions revolved more around the projects I have worked upon and past experiences. No Trick questions. Last interview was more scenario based.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at eBay Inc..

I applied through hreference and got call to be interviewed by the hiring manager, he then asked if i took their aptitude test, i was sent none so he asked me few basic things and seemed to like me because he even asked when can i join if selected. Then after 3 days and one reminded email i got link to take the test. Test needs practice as time is the critical issue there. I don't know what the passing criteria would be but later I come to know they were expecting 100% on the test.