eBay Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2013.

Interview Details About 3-4 interviews mostly related to previous work and some questions about job situations and how to handle. Very nice interviewers who wanted to know you as person and helped me understand the role and the work environment much better than other companies.

Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at eBay Inc. in July 2014.

Interview Details First round- written test at ebay office, it includes aptitude(10 questions) for 30 mins and technical questions from c,c++,java pogram snippets( 10 questions) for 30 mins.
and followed by three to four technical interview and one HR.

Interview Question – i forgot.. its all program questions..   Answer Question

Manager NA FP&A Interview

Manager NA FP&A
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details Applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter via email 4 weeks later and I replied the same day with 5 business days/times for an initial phone screening. Several days passed and I did not hear anything back. I sent a follow up email on the 5th day to the recruiter asking if any of the days I provided would work. One thing to note here is that 2 of the 5 dates I provided had already passed by that time. I immediately received a response from the recruiter asking for an interview the following day (which was outside of the days I initially provided). Unfortunately, I had to decline due to scheduling conflicts, however we did agree to a time two days later.

The day of the scheduled interview finally came around and I was very eager and excited to talk to the recruiter. If things were only that easy. Exactly 11 mins. before the interview, I received an email from the recruiter (luckily I checked my emails right before the expected call) telling me that the phone screening needed to be rescheduled two days later, without any further explanation. (11 days after the first email) Being employed full time with a very busy work schedule, it is always very challenging to accommodate last minute changes on the calendar. Since this was the first time the recruiter rescheduled, I did not want to make it a big deal and ended up postponing an internal meeting in order to be able to speak to the recruiter at the newly suggested time.

Now, the day of the rescheduled interview finally arrived, but I still had some doubts if the conversation with the recruiter would ever take place. In the hope I would not get an email from the recruiter, I checked my emails one hour before the scheduled call. And there it was. A note from the recruiter mentioning that she was behind with her work load and also at the same time she was preparing for her vacation (she was expecting to take the next 3 business days off). Ultimately, she rescheduled the interview again (the second time!) to the following week when she would be back from vacation. (17 days after her first email) (On a site note, I don’t quite understand why a candidate should suffer when the recruiter is not able to handle their workload.) In addition, the recruiter mentioned in the email that the timing for the role was still good and it seemed that moving the phone screening to following week would not cause any issues or delays in the interview process. Being already very discouraged, I did not have a choice but to agree to the proposed time.

After having the conversation rescheduled twice, my motivation and excitement for the company and position was starting to suffer tremendously. When the third attempted interview date arrived, once again, exactly 10 mins. before the proposed interview time, I again received an email from the recruiter, but this time, explaining that an internal employee was interested in the position I applied to and she was no longer interviewing people for this role.

I would understand if I would have been eliminated from the interview process due to lack of skills or experience. However, going through 3 attempted phone screenings, all cancelled at the last minute, all while being assured that there was no interference with timing, was highly unprofessional. In addition, I always had the feeling that I and my work schedule were not taken seriously.

This experience has certainly given me a completely new perspective on ebay and the professionalism the company has with interviewing candidates. I am very concerned that the lack of seriousness that is presented during the recruitment process is a reflecting of the way ebay conducts business and treats employees.

Interview Question – Never got to a point where I talked to the recruiter. Highly disappointing experience!!   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in July 2013.

Interview Details interview was very similar process to Microsoft or Amazon -- large tech company. Typical routing through HR, set up of a 1 day or 2 day loop with multiple people and a final reviewer (as-app).

Negotiation Details – Negotiated with someone in HR. They knew what they were doing, and were willing to negotiate. I got some additional sign-on bonus, but was not able to get more vacation.

Intern Interview

Intern
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied for 70 to 80 positions for intern positions. Eventually I got call for Java Backend intern position. The interview went well, but I stuck with the question in REST ful web service.

Interview Question – Which project is your most favorite project and why?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details 1 interview - it was not tricky and it was straight forward. Nice people all around you and they have a cafe that was very cool. good campus too. was what you would expect for the job.

Interview Question – All easy questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Portland, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in June 2012.

Interview Details I applied online via dice
Recruiter called me after a few days and scheduled a telephonic technical round
then 5 rounds of in person interview at ebay office each 30-45 minutes

Interview Question – avaerage   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2013.

Interview Details Three phone interview in a row. Called director, sr. manager and a manager. One of the interview is technical. Basic SQL question. The second is case, giving you a general case of a investment decision. Very similar to consulting interview. The third is behavior, broad questions about anything possible.

Negotiation Details – not for intern

Interviewed at eBay Inc.

Interview Details one day interview, 6 interviews including the manager. Almost everybody asked technical questions, but not very hard, they focused on fundamental stuff. It's ok if you failed to answer some questions

Interview Question – dynamic programming.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2014.

Interview Details After the prescreen interview with hr to check my background to see if match,I got an phone interview which has 3 rounds and with different engineer.The question is about data structure and algorithm,not too many programming language specifics.The problems are like this

1. Fibonacci numbers
1 1 2 3 5 8 13 ...

2. two sum, do not need to deal with duplicate pairs

Interview Question – 1. Fibonacci numbers
1 1 2 3 5 8 13 ...

2. two sum, do not need to deal with duplicate pairs
  Answer Question

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!