eBay Inc.

Updated 21 Nov 2014
Updated 21 Nov 2014

3.1

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at eBay Inc..

Was shortlisted for a interview and called to the Mumbai office for a personal interview. I arrived 15 minutes before the scheduled interview and told the reception I had arrived for the interview.

The interviewer was not in office at that time. I waited for more than an hour for the interviewer to arrive, he never did. I contacted the HR by phone she told me to just wait.

Frustrated I finally left after informing the reception. I never received any communication from eBay, they didn't even bother to apologize.

I was interviewing for a position two levels below the CEO and then this was my experience.

Key Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc..

I was contacted by an eBay recruiter who interviewed me over the phone. Once he approved, then he setup a day of interviews where I had 2 back to back panel interviews. I received an offer within 2 weeks of my last interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker. How did you handle the situation, and what was the final result.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc..

It was very ad-hoc due to some informal timing. It started with a career fair at my university. I had a screening interview, and then applied online. A few weeks later I was contacted to come on campus for interviews. I met with a couple of teams in platforms and services, and had some excellent conversations with the managers.

Interview Questions

Still evaluating, but I have a better one waiting.

Marketing Interview

Applied online and got an interview.
    It was not too simple in the beginning since they have specific wants in the resume and stuff
    however, I managed and was able to get the position.
    During the interveiw they asked me a few behavioural questions and they also asked me what i did in the past internships. I had to say what kind of leadership roles i took during my past internship and they also asked what were my weaknesses during that time.
    Overall interview was not too bad, maybe because it was for a random marketing intern position.
    Overall good,and i had a great experience working at ebay.

Knowledge Management Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online – interviewed at eBay Inc..

I had applied online and got a call in late March. Interview process went on until May. They took a lot of time to get back with results. I was able to get through until the last round but couldn't make it finally. The questions revolved more around the projects I have worked upon and past experiences. No Trick questions. Last interview was more scenario based.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at eBay Inc..

I applied through hreference and got call to be interviewed by the hiring manager, he then asked if i took their aptitude test, i was sent none so he asked me few basic things and seemed to like me because he even asked when can i join if selected. Then after 3 days and one reminded email i got link to take the test. Test needs practice as time is the critical issue there. I don't know what the passing criteria would be but later I come to know they were expecting 100% on the test.

Senior Software Engineer In Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at eBay Inc. in October 2014.

Applied on their company website. Received an email and phone screen scheduled. It went fine but then there was no reply from the company. When I followed up they said I hear positive feedback. You will be contacted by the recruiter soon. Then on site scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • Telephone: What is immutable in Java. Make test cases for a function which returns the dimension of a box with input parameters as width, length and height. Other testing and agile related questions.   Answer Question
    • On Site: Given a huge file, find duplicate strings and return how many times it appeared. Given a table of employee and salary, find the highest salary in each department.   Answer Question
    • On site:Given an array of numbers, find the pair of two numbers whose sum is less than six. Design a RDBMS for a stock market. 5.   Answer Question
    • Given an array of size 100 with sequential numbers, there is only one number is duplicate. Find that number.
      Return the 2nd highest salary from salary table
        Answer Question

Front End Web Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc..

The process took 3 weeks. Secured an on-campus interview at a career fair. Had a 45-minute interview with a recruiter where I spoke about projects and was asked to analyse a couple eBay pages and say what I liked/did not like about them. Spoke two weeks later with my to-be manager over the phone for about 30 minutes, and had a couple higher-level object-oriented programming questions. Did not have anything too technical. Heard back a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What do you dislike/what would you change about the eBay view item page?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at eBay Inc..

Had a friend submit my resume internally. Heard back within a week from a recruiter. What followed for the next 6-7 weeks was 1 HR interview, 1 in-person informational with the hiring manager, 5 more in-person interviews with the team over the next few weeks before a final round each with the hiring manager and VP. Was made an offer the next day after the final VP meeting.

Interview Questions
    Yes, negotiation was mainly in terms of increasing the 'equity make good'. No room for base pay or level bump negotiations

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc..

I met a recruiter at a career fair and got a call within next week. First interview was phone and he asked technical questions. Second interview was by manager. He focused on perl language and I said I dont know perl. So I got rejected.