hhgregg

Average Difficulty
108 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg in June 2009.

Interview Details Hiring process was brief and simple. Received a job application and completed it at my home. Took the application to the store and gave it to the manager. I had a sit down interview with the manager at that time and was then offered a job.

Interview Question – Sales specific questions on product features and benefits.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Pembroke Pines, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at hhgregg in September 2012.

Interview Details expectations were set for requirements needed to be successful and all tools where brought up at time for success.

Interview Question – having to talk about worse work experience   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details I applied to a manager in training position. They hired me as a salesman with the understanding that after a month if i proved I could sell I would be put into the program. That unfortunately wasn't the end result, after a month I was informed that I needed to improve as a salesmen before I could get into the program. With the lack of business and the massive number of employees that were scheduled each day made it virtually impossible. In the meantime you make $8 an hour and they tell you most salesmen ave $18. Thats far from true they give you access to all the commission history after about a week you realize most employees make maybe $10 and a few top earner make $20.

Interview Question – It was a basic interview nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details Don' remember the interview much. I do remember them trying to push me into being a salesman.

Negotiation Details – Don' remember

Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at hhgregg in February 2013.

Interview Details Interview with one assistant manager.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation at all.

Gurnee, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at hhgregg in July 2013.

Interview Details simple, unprofessional interview. walked in and asked for the manager. he came out and we went through some simple experience questions, and it was over.

Electronic Sales Interview

Electronic Sales
Fairview Heights, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at hhgregg in July 2012.

Interview Details I originally interviewed for a warehouse position, but I believe I fell into the position seeing as how I was being interviewed by the electronics sales manager. He had just received a call from a person they offered the position to and they turned the offer down. The pay structure was explained, but you really don't feel the brunt of it until after Grand Opening or the Holidays like my store was going through. I felt as though I might have just been a warm body to fill the spot considering I had never had sales experience before. You can develop sales skills, but just make sure you don't slip into draw too much!

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's the same whether you have sales experience or not. Straight commission after a certain time period. Make sure you clarify what the expectations are; maybe even in writing.

Hhgregg Appliance Sales Interview

Hhgregg Appliance Sales
Naperville, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at hhgregg in July 2011.

Interview Details 1. Filled out application online.
2. Within a week, received a call from Appliance Sales Manager.
3. Setup interview for the following week.
4. Interviewed with Appliance Sales Manager.
5. Same day, interviewed with General Manager.
6. Following week, received call from Appliance Sales Manager saying that I was hired dependent on background check and drug test.
7. Took drug test and was hired.

Interview Question – What would you do in a time where you felt a sale was yours and another associate ended up helping the customer when you weren't there and took the entire sale?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Warehouse Associate

I applied online and interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview Details Applied on line and received a call from the store manager a few days later.
He asked me a few questions about about if I worked in a warehouse, also we talked about my previous work experiences. Really easy questions at that. I then had to take a drug test and then was offered the job.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult situation you overcame   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Nashville, TN (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at hhgregg in August 2009.

Interview Details There is no interview procedure to prepare for. Most of the interview experiences are meet and greet scenarios and setting job expectations. The hardest part of hiring an hhgregg managers is finding a candidate that can work the long hours and handle the pressure for lower than big box retail average pay without burning out.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is little room to negotiate. Discussing pay at hhgregg is highly discouraged as there is a large gap in pay between managers in the same position. Managers coming from outside the company are paid much more than managers promoted internally.