No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
Caribou Coffee Photos
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Caribou Coffee full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
- The product is amazing. They're always keeping it fresh, local, and innovative.
- The culture is fun and the company always thinks "outside of the box."
- The company really works on being action oriented and listening to their employees. They take regular team member engagement surveys, and shares those results publicly.Cons
- Too many unrealistic expectations and demands for management.
- There's not enough in store support for store managers.
- Demanding work load and long days/hours.
- Being responsible for your store 24/7. I've seen other managers miss out on their vacations, important family events, and the lack a real work/life balance.
- The compensation and bonus structure is terrible.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Pay your people for the hard work that they actually do. You expect way to much from your Store Managers, and you pay them significantly less then your competitors.
- Financially invest in creating a position for store managers to have some store level support.
- District managers often end up as "middle men" and never put on an apron to help behind the counter.
- Set realistic expectations. Your eco-sure visits kill morale and set impossible expectations. I find it ridiculous that a store can pass a health inspection with flying colors, but "fail" your eco-sure audits because they scored below an 80%.
- Give your teams 1 - 3 priorities instead of several things to execute perfectly. (Ie., labor, staffing, guest satisfaction, cogs, operating expenses, eco-sure, controllable profit, seasonal promotions, etc.) What's most important to you? No one is superman.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO