No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at MathWorks full-time (more than 8 years)Pros
- Fantastic employees: The company has a tough recruitment process, and it shows. Every hire is not just academically brilliant but also a good fit within the collaborative culture.
- Relative transparency: For a private company, MathWorks does a great job of sharing information with its employees through quarterly meetings, an annual global kick off, and weekly team meetings.
- Investment in individuals: Weekly meetings with managers are mandatory, and annual reviews offer opportunity for peer commentary for unbiased performance measurement.Cons
- Limited opportunities: Unless some of the "old guard" value your opinion, you are expected to do your 8-5 and head home, without much room for new and challenging work.
- Flexibility: In a digital age, a software company that doesn't encourage remote working is both an anomaly and one that could lose its best people to less rigid work hour requirements.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Develop and share realistic career paths with talented employees you want to keep.
- Offer work from home options, even if it's once a month, that help more with work-life balance than Wednesday breakfasts or Friday cookies.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO