The Nielsen Company
Nielsen – Birmingham, England
Diversity is key to our success in providing clients with information they need to succeed. We encourage creativity, fresh thinking and a blend of… Reed.co.uk
Nielsen – Oxford, England
· As a Technical Platform Subject Matter Expert, you will be providing technical expertise by driving quality, integrity and maintenance. · You will… Reed.co.uk
The Nielsen Company Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time (more than an year)Pros
* Flexible hours
* Lots of opportunity for CV building by taking on additional work
* If you have the time for it there are many opportunities for community building and charity work, there are also many vocational learning toolsCons
* Teams are regularly understaffed for unacceptably long periods of time.
* Non-functionally top heavy. Every one's a regional director who's too busy to get involved in the nitty gritty. There are a couple people who actually do things and everything else is offshore.
* Global makes local realities overly difficult, irresolvable and convoluted. A constant battle between local commitments and global.
* Expected to work well out of office hours to interface with East Coast USA on a regular basis with no overtime.
* If you don't sell anything, and you don't move to Florida, your advancement opportunities and recognition are limited.Advice to ManagementAdvice
* If I never have to get on a useless call with Florida again it will be too soon.
* Competence rewarded more with unmanageable workloads than anything else. This reduces competent people to incapable people.
* Don't just use people up.Doesn't RecommendNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO