Kodak has transformed itself into a technology company focused on imaging for business. Today's Kodak provides:
- Disruptive technologies and breakthrough solutions in the fast-growing product goods packaging, functional and digital printing markets, where Kodak is enabling customers to achieve transformational improvements in efficiency, quality and productivity
- Quality enhancements for customers of our successful, established businesses in graphics and entertainment.
- Professional services that help businesses redefine information flow and security.
Kodak sharpened its focus to commercial markets as part of a 20-month Chapter 11 reorganization in which it successfully removed large legacy costs, streamlined a complex infrastructure, and exited or spun-off businesses – including its remaining consumer imaging and document imaging businesses – that were no longer core to its future. People around the world will continue to see the Kodak brand through its commercial businesses and licenses with select business partners.
As a result of its reorganization, Kodak today is leaner, financially stronger and ready to grow – poised to take advantage of the digital transition underway in packaging markets; the growing demand for graphic communications products and services in emerging markets; and dynamic growth in the market for printed electronics, sensors, fuel cells and other printed products with functions beyond visual communications.
Building on a Technology Heritage
Though Kodak has mostly been known for its historic role in photography, the company has served imaging needs of numerous industries since the early 1900s. Kodak’s current portfolio is based on deep technological expertise developed over the years in materials science, deposition (e.g., precisely depositing thin coatings onto substrates or backings), and digital imaging science.
Using this expertise, the company that delivered the first roll film, the first electronic color separation scanner to prepare images for printing, the first cameras to go to the moon, and the first digital camera, is now delivering leading solutions for today’s business customers. These include:
- Digital presses that can print a 260-page novel in 2.25 seconds
- Flexographic systems that make packaging more vibrant and eye-catching for shoppers
- Continuous manufacturing processes to mass-produce touch screen sensors
- Devices that image more than 30% of digital plates used for offset printing worldwide
- Printing plates that reduce environmental impact by eliminating use of chemistry and processing
- And many more...
Kodak also has more than 7,500 active commercial imaging patents – a depth of intellectual property that enables partnerships with other innovators to create new markets, and disrupt existing markets with new solutions.
|Kodak is transforming into a B2B company focused on its Commercial Imaging business. Our company will becentered on commercial, packaging and functionalprinting solutions and enterprise services -- markets in which we offer customers advanced technologies that give them a competitive edge. We also continue to offer leading products and services in Entertainment Imaging and Commercial Films |
Eastman Kodak Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time (more than 5 years)Pros
Intersate travel, Intermediate management OK great friendships,Cons
Upper level management unresponsive, dirrectionless,RecommendsNegative OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Eastman Kodak.Interview Details
There is a comprehensive and intricate interviewing process with attention to the various skills and experience required for the candidate to demonstrate competency for the position interviewed. There is both phone and in person interviews that has great coverage on the different team that will interact with this position. This is useful both for the company to decide on the candidate as well as for the candidate to decide if the role is suitable should the interview went successful. There is a day of exploration both for the interviewers and intervieweeInterview Questions
Accepted OfferAverage Interview
- The most unexpected aspect of the interview question is when you are put into a spot where you have to describe more than what you are ethically able to discuss about your previous employer as there are competitive landscape for both previous and potential employers. This has to be threaded very carefully as you should not compromise ethical standard that you should uphold Answer Question
Kodak has transformed itself into a B2B company focused on its Commercial Imaging business. The company is centered on commercial, packaging and functional printing solutions and enterprise services markets which it offers customers advanced technologies that give them a competitive edge. Kodak also offers leading products and services in Entertainment Imaging and Commercial Films. Learn more about Kodak Industries at www.kodak.com