There's a sparkle that comes from each one of us.
Something special that commands attention.
And in the right environment, we can shine.
As the largest retail jeweler in the country - with respected names like Kay Jewelers, Jared the Galleria of Jewelry and others under its banner - Sterling Jewelers offers the potential for you to shine every day. In all that we do through our corporate home office, our repair shops, and every store in the field, we foster an atmosphere of teamwork, integrity, opportunity and community service. Qualities that demonstrate that whatever position you hold, Sterling is your place to shine.
Our commitment to creating a superior customer experience is what makes us number one in the industry. And we have over 18,000 dedicated Team Members throughout the country who create these superior experiences for our customers every day. We place great importance on developing our Team Members product knowledge and skills through our extensive training and diversity programs so they can give every customer the attention and helpful information they need when they visit our stores.
Our people have made us an industry leader, and our Customer First commitment is one of the many ways in which we have made a profound impact in the jewelry industry. We invite you to learn more about what makes Sterling so unique.
Click here to learn more about what it's like to work for the leader in jewelry retail: http://youtu.be/SkxpD33ThU0
Where Teamwork Means Success
Sterling Jewelers encourages talented people like you to shine in a unique setting where recognition and rewards are achieved, shared and appreciated by all contributors. This is your chance to become part of an organization that values integrity, opportunity, and teamwork. We are North America's number one speciality retail jewelry company and the perfect workplace for talented people to maximize the team's potential through collaboration and commitment to excellence. Sterling is where you can truly bring your skills to life, and contribute your creative ideas, unique perspective and passion for working with the best in the business.
Beyond the considerable professional potential we offer, there's something else that makes Sterling careers more satisfying: you'll get to know how good it feels to be part of milestone moments in the lives of our customers. When they choose the Team Member in our stores to help them celebrate the best and most exciting days of their lives, you realize that this is much more than a career. It's a calling, and one that is truly unique.
If you bring the heart-felt enthusiasm and passion to help our team succeed, we offer all of the tools you'll need, including a business model that is as efficient as it is enduring. How do we go about ensuring our continued success? By enhancing the career of everyone in our organization, with:
- Dedication to integrity: Sterling operates under an honest, open code of conduct that encourages people to do the right thing in all situations. The result is a shining reputation with the public and a great sense of pride among Team Members.
- A strong, team-based environment: Sterling is North America's number one specialty retail jeweler, and our people are the reason for our success. Our Team Members truly understand and live the concept of teamwork while actively seeking and valuing different ideas and perspectives, and how it creates an atmosphere of mutual success, celebration, and reward.
- Exciting growth potential and breadth of professional direction: Sterling provides passionate, customer-focused, results-oriented team players with the training and support they need to grow through leadership development, mentoring, and more.
- A diverse array of community-service and philanthropic opportunities: We encourage Team Members to take an active role in helping others, which helps them to excel personally and professionally.
- A benefit package to recognize the importance of our Team Members: The advantages we offer our valued Team Members go beyond the competitive pay and financial rewards you would expect of an industry leader. We also provide an array of benefits that enhance many different aspects of our Team Members lives, helping them and their families to be more comfortable and secure. These include, but are not limited to incentive pay opportunities, various insurance and medical plan options, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
- Award-winning wellness programs that improve the quality of life: The health and wellness of our Team Members is of paramount importance to the entire team at Sterling. We demonstrate our commitment by offering many wellness amenities, such as on-site fitness centers at all Home Office locations, an outdoor walking track, and healthy alternatives at our professionally staffed dining facilities. Our wellness programs, which include walking, boxing and many other popular activities, have brought us recognition as a leading employer in Northeastern Ohio and a wellness champion. In addition, our many prevention programs maintain the health of our Team Members and their families. On-site mammograms, prostate screenings and skin-cancer screenings are just some of the ways we show we care.
- A commitment to the environment with green initiatives: We are dedicated to leaving a smaller footprint and a cleaner world for generations to come. Guided by a real concern for the future of our world, and the many ways in which we leave our impact upon it, we live this commitment through initiatives that encourage all Team Members to think green and be more aware of the environment, both at work and at home. We demonstrate our commitment in this area through extensive recycling, an annual Earth Day celebration, paperless communications/payroll and renewable-resource energy initiatives.
Click here to learn more about what it's like to work for the leader in jewelry retail: http://youtu.be/SkxpD33ThU0. You can become part of our team, and learn why working at Sterling Jewelers is your place to shine.
Hard work and dedication result in tremendous rewards. And Team Members at Sterling deserve to be recognized for all that they do, every day. Our total rewards package* includes:
- Competitive Pay
- Performance-Based Merit Increases
- Bonus Potential
- Discounted Stock Purchase Plan
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Prescription Drug Program
- Vision Care
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Generous Purchase Discount
- Sterling Perks nationwide purchase discount program
*Total rewards vary with full-time/part-time status and length of service.
Sterling Jewelers Inc. will match contributions at 50 cents on the dollar up to a maximum of 6 percent of eligible pay.
Our professional advancement possibilities at Sterling truly make it "your place to shine." We are committed to our Team Members personal and professional growth and believe that training leads to both highly skilled and fulfilled Team Members.
Spot your ideal job? Our self-nomination process allows you to apply for any open job opportunity. Internal job postings are listed on our corporate intranet, so you'll always be aware of what's currently available.
Sterling encourages you to embrace new challenges and create new responsibilities for yourself. Realize that you have the chance to chart your own course, with the support of our effective mentoring and training programs to help you every step of the way.
At Sterling, training and professional development are part of our continuous improvement process and key to our Customer First focus. We offer a learning culture where no matter what position or career path you choose, a wide range of on-the-job classroom training and self-directed learning programs are available. Team Members are offered a variety of performance, technical, and sales training opportunities so that they can pursue their own diverse career goals. Training and professional development options include:
- Classroom training - We design our own classes and educational materials tailored to our Team Members training needs. Some classes are designed as self-study, so you determine the pace of your learning. Others are designed for group learning in a classroom setting, allowing Team Members across the country to meet one another.
- Professional certification - Outside organizations such as the Diamond Council of America and the Gemological Institute of America offer professional certification programs that will advance your product knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Leadership development - Our leadership development program is offered to develop leaders for growth in responsibility and/or position.
- Tuition reimbursement - Sterling offers tuition reimbursement for successfully completed, qualified college-level coursework.
- Mentoring - Individual mentoring in a department of choice is provided to Team Members who apply for and are accepted into this program.
- Diversity training - We believe that to know better is to do better. All Team Members are required to attend diversity training classes.
Sterling Jewelers Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Sterling Jewelers full-time (more than an year)Pros
Great discounts, the ability to learn and get certified , great co workers. Nice sorta professional environment. Live the 59+ hrs a week for holidaysCons
Inspection inspection inspection, payment payments, always an issue w cheap jewelry, credit sucks 440 w 29% down good luck w that. Every other company offers more money and they walkAdvice to ManagementAdvice
Stop having store managers sell, christ sakes they make a ton of money already yet your associates who sell a 1/2 a million barely survive, let them be support like zales... Some mgrs make 129k a year yet full time barely make 35k get them iff the floorDoesn't RecommendPositive OutlookDisapproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 6 weeks – interviewed at Sterling Jewelers.Interview Details
Online application process is quick, and gives you an idea of what a day in the life of a sales associate means at Sterling Jewelers. Process takes roughly an hour to complete. You can select up to 5 store locations that you would like to work at, or select a specific store if you have been referred. With or without Jewelery experience, the online application process is easy, and gives a job seeker a good idea of what it means to be part of the sterling Jewelers sales team. I was contacted within 48 hours upon completion of my application to come in for an interview, and my first day of work started the following week!Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsNegotiation was not necessary.Accepted Offer
- What do you consider to be late for work? View Answer
Sterling Jewelers Inc. is the U.S. division of Signet Jewelers Ltd., the largest specialty retail jeweler in the United States and United Kingdom. Sterling Jewelers operates more than 1,400 jewelry stores throughout the nation. Headquartered in Northeast Ohio, Sterling Jewelers has more than 18,000 employee Team Members nationwide. The history of Sterling Jewelers dates...
Mission: The Sterling Jewelers mission is to earn the trust of our customers by delivering a superior customer experience, assistance, products, services, value and convenience...