Aéropostale

Aéropostale Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Aéropostale CEO Thomas P. Johnson

Thomas P. Johnson

Pros
  • Aero is pretty good to their employees, and great discount(in 36 reviews)

• The only thing good about working here is the employee discount(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management did not provide a work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• Not enough staff help because they hire little kids and pay them minimum wage(in 21 reviews)

Great place to work

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsGreat discounts, management was friendly, always busy doing something,

ConsBratty customers , checks purses every time you leave can be annoying, makes fun of customers on walkie talkie system

A lot of fun and employees are like one big family.

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsFlexible hours, good pay, friendly co-workers, understanding management that down treat you like you're beneath them.

ConsThere's nothing really bad that I could say about Aero. I love my job and there's nothing negative to say about it.

worst job ever!

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee)

Prosa good discount
    good promotions
    a job to start

ConsThis job was a disaster. I never changed work zone when I worked for 10 months. I was always on greets. other sales assis. always stay at the cashier table and chat. This place is filled with lazy teenagers. Since Aero is a teen clothing store, I'm not sure why would they hire someone that are in their 30's to be the key holder.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be strict to the sale assis. Give them direction when they arrive to work, make them switch work zones. Since it is a clothing store, hire employee that has a good taste in fashion. They way how the employee look does representing the store and the company!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

bitter sweet

District Manager (Current Employee)

Prospricing, pay, benefits, bonus structure all were great. The utilization of technology made the job a lot easier.

ConsWorklife balance, career path, lack of payroll to support the required tasking. Changing promos daily to chase the business

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) Folsom, CA (US)

ProsIf you like to fold clothes and you like organizing things then this is the job for you.

ConsBeing "on call" was one of the things i hated. Very busy during the seasons. The store is always a big mess. There would only be about two to three workers left to clean up the whole place after closing and it would usually take 3 or more hours to fix up everything, sometimes we wouldn't even be able to clean up everything.

Visual Manager

ProsPaid vacation, personal days, monthly bonus opportunities, full benefits: dental, vision, prescription and medical. Work on your feet all day at a flexible relaxed company.

ConsLate nights, weekend work. Limited internal promotions and forced job relocation unannounced (within reasonable distance) overtime paid at half your hourly rate.

Nice Environent but almost no hours

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCan meet alot nice people and the workplace feels very calm and relaxing

ConsAfter awhile all you recieve is on call shifts that is close to never getting and there's an over crowded work team also. Beware when they start to get bored of you they'll let you go without you even knowing, it'll start with just getting on call shifts and then gettting booted from dayorce because of the amount of activity not given.

Alright

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) Orland Park, IL (US)

ProsGood employee discount on clothing and accessories

ConsNot enough hours as a part time employee

It was horrible.

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsThe only thing good about working here is the employee discount. I hated this job. I will NEVER work here again.

ConsYou could work on folding a table of clothes for 10 minutes even an hour and it takes only one second for a customer to mess it up because they don't care. Management sucked, the hours sucked. I was supposed to be part-time but instead I got less than seasonal.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees the same. You're there to do a job, not make friends half your age.

Pleasurable work experience...

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) Jackson, MS (US)

ProsGreat team of people to work with. The training session wasn't that time consuming. The leaders were enthusiastic about working there which made the job more fun.

ConsThe work load of cleaning and closing down the store. Especially when you in a big city in a busy shopping area.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to change. I enjoyed my time working there.

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!