Aéropostale

Aéropostale Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Aéropostale CEO Thomas P. Johnson

Thomas P. Johnson

Pros
  • Aero is pretty good to their employees, and great discount(in 35 reviews)

• The only thing good about working here is the employee discount(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management did not provide a work life balance(in 17 reviews)

• Not enough staff help because they hire little kids and pay them minimum wage(in 21 reviews)

worst job ever!

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee)

Prosa good discount
    good promotions
    a job to start

ConsThis job was a disaster. I never changed work zone when I worked for 10 months. I was always on greets. other sales assis. always stay at the cashier table and chat. This place is filled with lazy teenagers. Since Aero is a teen clothing store, I'm not sure why would they hire someone that are in their 30's to be the key holder.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be strict to the sale assis. Give them direction when they arrive to work, make them switch work zones. Since it is a clothing store, hire employee that has a good taste in fashion. They way how the employee look does representing the store and the company!

bitter sweet

District Manager (Current Employee)

Prospricing, pay, benefits, bonus structure all were great. The utilization of technology made the job a lot easier.

ConsWorklife balance, career path, lack of payroll to support the required tasking. Changing promos daily to chase the business

Nice Environent but almost no hours

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCan meet alot nice people and the workplace feels very calm and relaxing

ConsAfter awhile all you recieve is on call shifts that is close to never getting and there's an over crowded work team also. Beware when they start to get bored of you they'll let you go without you even knowing, it'll start with just getting on call shifts and then gettting booted from dayorce because of the amount of activity not given.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company does not care about its employees

Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee) Monroe, MI (US)

ProsGood discount, fun coworkers (generally), opportunity for bonuses under certain circumstances, floor sets can be gratifying although they are very stressful

ConsNot enough compensation, negative work atmosphere, upper level management/corporate believes work should be your life

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are wanting to be some type of manager at Aéropostale, be prepared for an immense amount of pressure. Everything is about money, which is not unusual as it is a business, but it gets to the point to where the "higher-ups" are harassing you for not making as much money for the company as they believe you should. It is a very negative atmosphere and many times I would go to work in fear for what would happen next. Many of the corporate employees in emails would swear at you and be very demeaning in general.

Going down!

Pros-Discounts
    -Flexible hours
    -Casual attire
    -Fun at times.

Cons-Hours
    -Gossip
    -Forcing teens to advertise on their social media for free!
    -Pay
    -Forcing teens to advertise at their high schools!
    -Pushy costumers

Advice to Senior Management-Be more considerate of all associates
    -Associates should not have to be forced to share anything on their own personal social media. Work/home balance life.

Alright

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) Orland Park, IL (US)

ProsGood employee discount on clothing and accessories

ConsNot enough hours as a part time employee

It was horrible.

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsThe only thing good about working here is the employee discount. I hated this job. I will NEVER work here again.

ConsYou could work on folding a table of clothes for 10 minutes even an hour and it takes only one second for a customer to mess it up because they don't care. Management sucked, the hours sucked. I was supposed to be part-time but instead I got less than seasonal.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees the same. You're there to do a job, not make friends half your age.

Pleasurable work experience...

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) Jackson, MS (US)

ProsGreat team of people to work with. The training session wasn't that time consuming. The leaders were enthusiastic about working there which made the job more fun.

ConsThe work load of cleaning and closing down the store. Especially when you in a big city in a busy shopping area.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to change. I enjoyed my time working there.

Worst managers ever & a bunch of fake people!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Prosgood vacation days, decent salary

Consunfair treatment to employees, gotta be careful who you say things to, bunch of fake people, favoritism...based on seniority & how well you play the game, poor managers who don't even know how to manage people at all. & company is doing very bad financially!

Advice to Senior ManagementHR should hear what employees have to say about their managers and reviews should not be just one sided. Managers should also be evaluated as well....there's a lot of managers who are just with Aeropostale for a long time, it doesn't mean they know how to be a good manager.

Cool place to work, relaxed environment

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) Columbia, SC (US)

ProsManagement at my location was cool. (Sandhills, Columbia, SC)

ConsDidn't receive very many hours.

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!