Aéropostale

www.aeropostale.com
Profile Unclaimed

Great company, but not for the faint of heart.

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Aéropostale full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company really fallows and live by their values. Peoples have a voice that can be heard throughout the company. If you are having a problem with an objective, you can share your concerns without getting shot down. Usually you will get help or even can help change the proses to make it better. There are a lot of tools to help you meet your goals. Compensation is competitive and bonuses are available down to Sales Leads. Bonus plans are usually attainable.

Cons

Plans and objectives can change quickly. Promos, marketing visuals can change weekly, and sometimes multiple times in the same week. There is always a lot of work to do and payroll can be tight. Managers can't just organize and lead, they have to do as much physical labor as the associates to be successful.

Great atmosphere!

I worked at Aéropostale

Pros

High energy and lots of fun. Competitive wages and a great discount

Cons

Some stores are closing due to low traffic

Enjoyed it got to learn how a retail store was ran.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Michigan City, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Michigan City, IN (US)

I worked at Aéropostale part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Improved on things such as my customer service in the store, along with my teamwork with others. Along with that I think this is a great part time job for college and high school students.

Cons

Need to change or get rid of the call in system.

Get rid of call system I think you should only have to call in if your really needed.

Phenomenal Experience!!!

Former Intern - Production Intern in New York, NY (US)
    Former Intern - Production Intern in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Aéropostale as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was super friendly and it was a positive work environment.

Cons

The company itself is not doing so well.

Keep up the positive energy!

Short-lived yet pleasant experience overall.

Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Aéropostale part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is easy to get along with and the job itself is relatively easy. A wonderful place to work for your first part-time job! My store is closing down; however, this company does exude great values.

Cons

Scheduling seems chaotic and there is a lack of professionalism. Hours are normally added on last minute and there seems to be favoritism at play.

During the time I've worked at Aero I was scheduled during school hours. I was confused and I could not find someone to trade shifts with, yet my manager did nothing. My education comes first. I believes the managers need to take control while still being relatively fair in the work place.

Good 1st job

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I worked at Aéropostale (less than a year)

Pros

Had awesome managers and coworkers. Work was fun but normally busy either with customers or things to do with store. Personally I loved doing floor sets. Discounts on clothes were nice and helpful considering they wanted you to stay current with the clothes you wore to work. Overall, it was a good 1st job that I ended up working at for almost a year.

Cons

Minimum wage. Would of loved to get more hours. Towards the end of my employment there we got a new manager, and even though I tried to work while in school they weren't working with my schedule so in the end I decided to leave. Quality of clothes isn't what it used to be. Staying current with how the prices change a lot was a pain in the butt.

Increase hours allowed by each store for associates to work. Increase amount you pay workers.

Role model

I have been working at Aéropostale part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very generous Shopping discount! Get paid to talk to customers and make new friends!

Cons

Few things to know... The current fashion and trends, dress the part, be confident to have conversations with total strangers, and know how to fold! Although I don't think these are any cons!

Take more time with one on one training and coaching.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Sales Lead Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Lead Manager

I have been working at Aéropostale

Pros

They really take care of their people and are very pro-promoting from within, which is nice. I know a SM that started out as a sales associate and worked hard and two years later she had her own store.

Cons

They kind of don't have their crap together when it comes to communication and you have to be prepared to work with lots of high schoolers. Also a bunch of people who don't understand how retail scheduling/hiring works so they get a part-time job and are upset it's part-time. That's pretty annoying.

Not great, but not horrible

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Aéropostale full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

friendly, compensation was pretty decent, I was able to hire my own staff for the most part

Cons

Long hours, a lot of formalization since you are working for a large company. Was not allowed full control on selecting my assistant managers.

Great Pay.

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Aéropostale

Pros

The pay was excellent. I enjoyed being salary pay with them. I was promoted within and it seems as though that's how they typically want to promote.

Cons

The district manager in my area was one of the worst and unprofessional people I have ever met in my entire life. She was a poor representation of the company. I loved my job and most likely would still be there but she made a lot of people hate working for Aeropostale.

It's a lot of hard work. Retail may not seem like it but it is. Take holiday season (Nov.-Jan.) into consideration. It's a lot of crazy busy work but can be rewarding.

Aéropostale Photos