ALDI

www.aldi.com

ALDI Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
ALDI – Newark – “Outside an Aldi store in Newark, Ohio (Photo…”

ALDI – Newark – “Outside an Aldi store in Newark, Ohio (Photo…”

Hartmuth Wiesemann

Pros
  • Very competitive pay and benefits, even for the lowest paid employees (in 38 reviews)

• Great Pay, loved the physical part of the job, no need for a gym membership (in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • Difficult to maintain a work life balance of any kind, but know some who managed (in 24 reviews)

• Only hire District Managers just out of school, some it was their very first job they ever had (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights

Hard work, lots of responsibility and autonomy, great people.

Deputy Manager (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsGet to experience all aspects of retail management and operations. Plenty of opportunities for training and advancement if you are willing to show your commitment and proactivity. Aldi expects you to take ownership of everything you do and gives you the freedom to do it your way, as long as you consistently deliver results.

ConsPhysically very hard work, most shifts you end up sweaty and filthy. Aldi demands high levels of efficiency and productivity, which can be stressful when unpredictable problems or demanding customers cause you to fall behind schedule.

worse

Store Manager Trainee (Former Employee) Sydney

Prosnot the best company to work

Consevery single day is a challenge

great employer

Retail Assistant (Current Employee) Melbourne

Prosgreat pay for easy work

Conslong shifts can be tiring

Advice to Senior Managementmore employee benefits for employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Store manager Aldi

ProsPaid well. Fast paced. Responsibility

ConsLittle chance of career progression. Lack of recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow managers more control in stores.

Winners vs losers

District Manager (Current Employee) Ohio

ProsResponsibility respect promotions to those who earn it. Manage mostly great employees

ConsNo free rides, occasional bad employee

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire cry babies

a job not for everyone

Cashier (Current Employee) Brisbane

ProsFast paced, good system and decent pay

Conslow staff retention rate, physically demanding

Advice to Senior Managementwork on retention and hire experienced manager

Hard work, good money, can be stressful and long hours.

Deputy Manager (Former Employee) Sydney

ProsThe wages and salary are very high, especially compared to other supermarket companies. All the staff I worked with were all good in teams, they seem quite picky with who they choose to work there. If you want to have certain days off in advance, it can be organised.

Great place to be promoted, a lot of people (including myself) moved up very quickly with great reward.

ConsLong hard hours. As few staff working in a store as possible - if you are in a quiet store, there could be only two other staff with you for the entire store. Even though you are told you have sick leave etc. It is near impossible to take, there will probably be no one to cover your shift and your manager will find ways to guilt you into coming in. Once the roster is set, your days off each week will change and most of the time you have no choice when you will be working.

One problem I had at the four stores I worked at, was that it was common to be forced to work overtime and then the roster would be changed to make it look like you hadn't. The store managers were doing this because there was often a lack of people, and a lot of work to be done. The area managers were pushing for no overtime to be done at all - the area managers are graded by senior management on overtime hours as a cost they must push down.

Advice to Senior ManagementAldi has a great culture, hard working staff and pays very well. But nearly every level of manager seems to be manipulating rosters or some kind of forms to meet unnecessary targets.

Great Place if your Willing to Work

Store Manager Trainee (Current Employee) Omaha, NE (US)

ProsThis company is amazing and efficient. I came from another company, different industry and Im pleased with the change. The Pay is amazing, the benefits are above all. I want to remind people that say they don't gets breaks and have to come in on their days off, do not equate that to Aldi but your SM or AM and bring it back to the store level. Ive always gotten my breaks, maybe not when I wanted them, but definitely got them. This is not a easy job at all, you work very hard for your money, but the time goes by sooooo fast, before you know it it's time to go home.

ConsBeing promoted from SM to DM, or transfers to different States.

Advice to Senior ManagementSo far so good, No job or company is perfect but so far this company meets all my needs. Upper Management has a open door policy and if you have any concerns you can go all the way up to the top.

Best place to work very .

Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) South Windsor, CT (US)

ProsGreat hours and great people.

ConsEmployees very friendly and management works hard to make a far yet friendly environment . Hours and benefits you can not beat.

Great Start!

Stock Assistant (Current Employee) Stratford-upon-Avon, England (UK)

ProsI must admit, following the reviews I read on here I was a little apprehensive about starting in my new job as a 'Stock Assistant' in the Stratford-upon-Avon store. Following my first week, I can say that I have thoroughly enjoyed it! I was greeted with a very warm welcome and the managers and floor staff have all been very supportive (and patient!) and I can honestly say that I couldn't have wished for better colleagues and managers! The pay is also excellent for a 16 year old and is even still set to rise! Now is a great time to join this prosperous business.

ConsMy only issue is that I can't fit in as many hours as I'd like when I start at sixth form in September!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up and this company will continue to prosper!

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!