AMETEK

Add Photos

AMETEK Chairman and CEO Frank S. Hermance

Frank S. Hermance

Pleasant place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsGood management, great people and location.

ConsI was a temp covering maternity. No positions open.

Great

Prosthere is a lot to learn at the job

Consthe pay is not at industry standards

Decent

ProsPlenty of overtime as a contractor, ability to learn new equipment, exposure to Aerospace industry

ConsUnorganized, too much management, constant change of directives

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Company I've Ever Worked For

ProsExcellent growth opportunity, strong leadership development, competitive pay, strong support from management, educational assistance, drive for success. In working for Ametek, I received a promotion and have received strong support during my transition. There is a strong investment in personnel and development and I have been given many opportunities to receive training when I needed it; internally and externally. The company places an emphasis on recognizing talent and developing that talent. I would say that one is given many opportunities to grow and thrive within the organization - the truly limiting factor is yourself. Overall as an organization, new ideas, processes, and systems are implemented specifically to make us a stronger, more profitable business. We are encouraged to participate and help develop those ideas, processes and systems; to be a contributor and enjoy our success.

ConsI have experienced some communication gaps, but nothing major. Within each function, it would be nice to have a "roadmap" with names, responsibilities, and contact information.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above

Good place to start out.

Engineer (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA (US)

ProsEveryone is accessible and you are free to ask questions. The other engineers are helpful and the technicians love to work with the engineers to fix problems. There is always something to do so you do not get bored.

ConsTight budget from corporate to get things fixed. I wish the company offered training to help improve the employees skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some more group activities to try and raise morale in the company.

I was responsible for 3 plant locations as VP of Operations.

Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) Wilmington, MA (US)

ProsDynamic environment with many opportunities to solve problems.

ConsAmetek is too short term focused.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage for the longer term up to 3 years at least.

Good employer overall. Typical publicly traded corporation, however, where shareholders come first.

Commodity Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay, good benefits, leading edge technology

ConsBig corporate mentality. If sales do not meet forecast, expect layoffs/furloughs to recover for shareholder benefit. In my location, some mid level management tends to have less than professional management skills. Will throw employees under the bus for their own gain.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying more attention to what is really going on at the lower levels. Demand more professional behavior from your low to mid level managers. Understand skill levels of employees and promote to their performance rather than their ability to "talk" a good game.

Great Company - Profit / High Growth Culture!

Business Development Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsSolid diverse business with great products in a Global market.

ConsLow OTD & Customer Service performance ratings.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to structure your motion control business into one operating unit.

Fast Moving & Demanding

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsHard work and results focused

ConsNo gain sharing scheme for lower levels

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow middle management a share of the profit

A challenging but rewarding place to work.

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Madison, WI (US)

ProsHigh paced, low interference work environment.

ConsSlow to create positions. New hires are on a temporary basis for far too long.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline hiring process.

Worked for AMETEK? Contribute to the Community!