AT&T

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,106 ratings)

4,704 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school"
    in 229 reviews
  • "Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time"
    in 123 reviews
Cons:
  • "Management is out of touch with creating any semblance of work/life balance for the employees"
    in 170 reviews
  • "Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's"
    in 227 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Job opportunities galore!

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLots of opportunity, great benefits and competitive compensation packages

ConsHuge company with a focus on Dallas work locations

AT&T Inspires their employees and Drive innovation

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLove the complexity and every changing envirnoment. AT&T is investing in their employees. AT&T University is an amazing resource for AT&T's employees. Sr. Leadership has a great vision for the future.

ConsChange is constant. To work at AT&T, you have to be prepared to embrace and drive change.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course...Workfoce 2020 is going to be excited

AT&T/Great company to work for

Staffing Manager (Current Employee)
Charleston, SC (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent career path opportunities to grow within the company. The company does an excellent job of training their employees and prides itself in promoting from within. We have great employee groups within the company to enhance our community involvement.

ConsI honestly do not have any from my time here at AT&T.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdditional telecommuting opportunities for those positions that fit the right profile.

Great experience-I have been promoted several times in 9 years!

Human Resource Manager (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSalary, benefits, stability, growth, promotions

ConsNone for me; work-life balance was an issue but that is my own fault.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to enter into an entry level job and learn about the company before you apply for promotions

I have been here for nearly 10 years and it has been my BEST job!

Associate Director (Current Employee)
Bedminster, NJ (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time

ProsI would say the career opportunities and the flexibility around your work schedule. There is telecommuting and I have advanced through the company fairly quickly!!!

ConsThe policies and processes change quickly so you always have to be on your toes. But I like a challenge!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement employees need offices and we need to travel more to be more effective in creating, managing and sustaining teams. The fact that I manage people I have never met is awkward in some ways.

Lead Staffing Manager

Lead Staffing Manager - Human Resources (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSo glad I work for a Fortune 100 company! AT&T is transitioning from a telecommunications company over to a technology company and it's great knowing I work for a company that desires to be on the leading edge. In addition to compensation, my benefits (medical, dental, vision, vacation, personal days, etc.) are terrific. The Company offers an abundance of training via AT&T University.

ConsThe biggest challenge I face is the volume of work to be done day in and day out. Although I believe that's the culture of business in today's world.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to strive to provide the BEST customer service residentially and corporately.

Great company with great opportunities!

Business Manager IT (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAT&T offers so many areas in which you can work and learn new things with plenty of room for advanement. If you're hard working and dependable your options are limitless as it's the kind of company you can stay with once you get your foot in the door. The benefits are great and discounts for employees are wonderful, too. They offer a wealth of training both in and outside of the company.

ConsThe biggest challenge I see is sine it's such a large company the employees that are not up to par are simply passed around from team-to-team vs. being put on a program or let go. They tend to exchange one bad apple for another. I cannot say anything about management, etc. since there are so many divisions in the company and I've worked for some that were micro managers or completely hands off. It is impossible to give a blanket con on this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally evaluate employees for their worth. If they're not good at their current position allow them to go into a position which they can excel vs. just shipping them to another team within the same organization that doesn't suit them.

Endless opportunities

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 8 years

ProsYou can truly work in any part of the business if you want. There are tons of opportunities, including retail, call center, technician, business sales, marketing, finance, advertising, and on and on. Compensation and benefits are great, and the employee discounts are awesome!

ConsSince it is such a huge company, it can take a little longer than you might like to get approvals/big decisions made. However I know the company is working hard to improve this with the Agile method.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue working to improve the speed at which approvals and big decisions are made, so that the business can continue to move technology forward quickly and efficiently

This company is a motivating atmosphere to work in.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAT&T offers a wonderful education program for individuals that are seeking to further their Business education.

ConsIf you are wanting to develop in other areas, in some occasions you may not advance due to any positions available.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am currently seeking a company that will allow me to use my education and experience to become an asset to the company and to grow within.

Tough work environment that will reward you if you work hard

Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at AT&T part-time for less than a year

ProsGood pay, benefits, perks like catering at meetings

ConsHard work, pressure to perform

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson. All 4,704 reviews are posted anonymously by AT&T employees.