AT&T

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,108 ratings)

4,710 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school"
    in 229 reviews
  • "Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time"
    in 123 reviews
Cons:
  • "Management is out of touch with creating any semblance of work/life balance for the employees"
    in 170 reviews
  • "Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's"
    in 227 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

It has been great! Company is great and the people are great.

I have been working at AT&T

ProsNot super strict on time. As long as the work gets done, no issues with leaving early on a Friday or anything of that nature.

ConsBig business mentality. Some of the systems in place take forever to get things done, but that is to be expected with a company this big.

Temporary contract position in Marcom

Traffic Manager (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at AT&T as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGreat people, great company, good work-life balance

ConsTook a long time to get hired

AT&T is definitely an 800 pound gorilla in Telecom

Account Manager II (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

ProsName Recognition is always nice. Financial stability is always there. Pension with a matching 401k is great. Medical benefits are alright, but keep getting more and more expensive each year.

ConsThere isn't really anything that they don't provide, except for if it is too small of a deal. Lots of number reporting

Good place to work

Lead Member Technical Staff (Current Employee)
Middletown, NJ (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSalary for professionals are competitive, opportunities if you look for them, challenging work depending on the organiation you are in

ConsPolitics, process and more process. Way to many project managers and people who add little to no value but I guess this is true with any large corp. Outsourcing is becoming a problem as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the dead wood, remove processes that are stiffiling, reward risk takers and stop outsourcing

Lucky I have a good manager

Services Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

ProsPros are the pay, benefits, vacation etc. They are all pretty good and I am in a bargained position so as long as the union does their part we "in the field guys" will be in good shape. I have a good first line supervisor that makes things that much better. I enjoy working with customers although there are some downsides to customer facing positions. Working in SD&A or I&M you can write your own paycheck which is nice.

ConsESM - their numbers game isn't suited well for a company that says they are focused on customer service. Figuring out which phone number to call to figure out the many problems "customer service" creates can give you a hit on your "numbers."
BUREAUCRACY - Any large company is going to have a great deal of departments and bureaucracy but to focus on the customer senior management should make efforts to streamline the process field technicians need to take to fix customer issues when it's outside of the techs control.
MANAGEMENT - As with any place your first line or second line manager can make your work experience vary. I am lucky to have a good manager that knows the job we do.

Advice to Senior ManagementTruly focus on the customer instead of "numbers." The vast majority of customer complaints we hear is that it takes entirely too long to get someone on the phone and that the "previous tech" bailed out early on the job because of numbers.

Challenging but rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AT&T

ProsStrong base wage/salary and plenty of commission. Competitive benefits. Plenty of carrier opportunities.

ConsGoals are tough to reach. These expectations create a lot of stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour people are an investment. Do not lead them through fear.

Amazing!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

ProsI really like my boss and team. I appreciate his knowledge and leadership. Esprit de corp.

I love the teameffort.

ConsIt would be nice to have vacation pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for the opportunity I love this job.

Great retail potential

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at AT&T part-time for more than a year

Pros- Great Atmosphere
- Easy Sell because of their marketing
- Great Training
- Ease of Use (software)
- Get new Cellphones every time there's a new phone

Cons- Quotas might be a little difficult at times
- Hours are usually never 9 to 5, they fluctuate
- Location matters, so try to get a busy mobility store
- they dont pay for parking, and bonuses are very rare

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, look for my CONS list.

Great company, great culture, exciting technology!

Senior Specialist - Network Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking at AT&T is great because of the superb culture, great work-life balance, competitive pay, 401K with company match, and a pension.

ConsYou have to manage your own career...it's not really a "con," but you won't move up the ladder without effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to "One AT&T" faster, and bump the salaries of 1st- and 2nd-level management by about 6-8%, and you'll be on par with some of the very tech-savvy companies like Google.

Great Company and Wonderful People!

Various (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI was afforded many opportunities while I worked for AT&T. I worked both in the field and at headquarters. I was given a tremendous amount of training and the ability to finish my college education while enjoying very competitive compensation and outstanding benefits.

ConsI had a couple of idiot bosses but that is a chance you take at any company. The good news is that there was always someone above them that would help you get another position if you were a top performer.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson. All 4,710 reviews are posted anonymously by AT&T employees.