AT&T

3.1 5,347 reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,460 ratings)

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school (in 268 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours (in 212 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights
5,347 Employee Reviews

Early days were great with strong leadership that understood the Australian Market well.

Global Account Director (Former Employee) Melbourne

ProsAll the people supporting sales are great to work with as they are supportive and are willing to go the extra mile in a process orientated environment.

ConsSalary is competitive although work-life balance is challenging working across multiple time zones. Limited solution set available in Asia-Pac.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind some strong differentiation in the Australian market place. Stop being a me too player and relying on the brand.

AT&T Co-op

College Co-Op (Current Employee) Durham, NC (US)

ProsEase of work, pay is great for college student, able to complete honor school related activities, ability to work up to 40 hours during summer and school breaks

Consorganization :-(
    No direct path to career development

Advice to Senior Managementmore organization with work, scheduling...

Great company to work for

Premesis Technician (Current Employee) Brecksville, OH (US)

ProsGreat starting pay, great benefits, nice raises. If you want to work a lot, you can. If you don't, it's not always a necessity. Paid vacation time

ConsThere is some long days. Unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't look at every employee as compared to everyone else. Each person had their own pros and cons.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Large Company

ProsGreat place to work with excellent advancement opportunities.

ConsSuch a big ship can take a long time to turn when it comes to policy reform.

Little support for support positions

Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat pay in a retail environment, great benefits, raise in pay after first 6 months, again every year after that.

ConsThe Sales Representatives are the number on priority. Management teams constantly work to ensure RSC's are hitting numbers or "promoting to customer" those who can't keep up (though this only happens after repeated failures with no attempt to correct issues).

Management teams are constantly changing, so store teams are forced to adapt to management styles that are often vastly different. The company promotes almost exclusively for numbers, so often a store manager is not actually capable of caring for a store, just hitting or exceeding sales goals - and sometimes through sinister means.

When working full-time, you get two days off per week and days off are awarded in order of seniority in your job position. You may not get what you ask for, especially if your manager just doesn't care to make things work. Lastly, there are "attendance points" which can lead to a write up or firing. You are awarded points from a computer system if you clock in any time after the 5 minute grace period, and the point amount grows with how late you are. This was especially troublesome in the city, where MTA trains were often making it difficult to get to work on time. Some managers were willing to override attendance points if employees gave a valid reason for lateness, but other don't care that there's even a news story about why your train was stopped underground for 2 hours during your commute to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about some things other than numbers once in awhile. Support positions ensure that the store is running well on the sales floor and behind the scenes, yet there is little to no recognition for what they do.

Also, listen to all of the reps. Routinely work to make sure everything is going well in the store. It shouldn't take more than 6 months to realize that an entire team hates its management team because they are shady with making sales and they play favorites without care.

Great pay, good opportunity for advancement.

ProsMake great money, where else has the potential for a 20 year old to have the chance to make over 60k a year without college. You can advance and work your way up the ladder. Benefits are also good

ConsWork life balance is non existent. Dealing with the public can also be a challenge.

Solid Company Moving Fast

Retail Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe work is challenging, with great perks, frequent new toys, and competitive pay. This is not the 'phone company' any longer. There are strong initiatives to change the internal culture, prepare the workforce for the future and advance the brand. They are committed to providing a great customer experience and leading the industry in innovation.

ConsIn my experience corporate leadership is solid but local leadership can sometimes be too focused on fire drills. Performance is often determined with a 'what have you done for me lately?' attitude because there is such a strong focus on delivering numbers every quarter, month, week, day and even by the hour. Retail hours can always be tough and here is the same. Working nearly every weekend with 11-13 hour days throughout the week. And if you're short staffed (which is most of the time), as an RSM you are responsible to deliver results and pick up the slack. I work in a strong performing and competitive region and this often causes challenges with promotion when you are no willing to relocate.

Great

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Flushing, NY (US)

ProsLots of selling. If you can push new lines of service you will get paid.

ConsManagers or Supervisors really dont take the time to try and be the best in the position they can be. Its like they get to the top and dont care anymore

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Great

Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) El Paso, TX (US)

ProsVery Nice Work Environment, Friendly People and Faces

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, Sometimes their ideas are great too and they matter!

Great times interning

Student Intern Technical I (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsPlenty of opportunities for new work

ConsA little stressful and training can be boring

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!