AT&T

5,607 Reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
2,601 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school (in 268 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours (in 212 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights

Early days were great with strong leadership that understood the Australian Market well.

Former Employee - Global Account Director  in  Melbourne
    Former Employee - Global Account Director in Melbourne

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

All the people supporting sales are great to work with as they are supportive and are willing to go the extra mile in a process orientated environment.

Cons

Salary is competitive although work-life balance is challenging working across multiple time zones. Limited solution set available in Asia-Pac.

Find some strong differentiation in the Australian market place. Stop being a me too player and relying on the brand.

Have definitely enjoyed my time with AT&T.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Louisville, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Louisville, KY (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Very competitive pay
    -Great benefits
    -Great employee discounts and perks

Cons

-Retail hours aren't great with family

Continue listening to your employees!

Great Job, Great Managers, Great Pay, Horrible Hours

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Lafayette, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lafayette, LA (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

The managers are really helpful, you have plenty of training to do your job, and the pay is excellent.

Cons

The biggest issue here are hours, since it's a union company, the good hours are given to tenured reps meaning that for years you'll be stuck with horrid hours, no weekends off and closing the store pretty much every night.

Your high performers are usually NOT the tenured reps, you are driving away the people that actually makes you a lot of money and punishing them by making them work horrible and uneven hours. You can't base a life around that.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A wonderful place to work

Former Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician
    Former Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

Great pay, great management, enjoyable job, independent, relaxing, supportive, great union

Cons

There's not much I can think of. They're kind of nitpicky about certain things and they change rules a lot but if it helps it helps.

ATT consumer sales consultant (call center)

Current Employee - Consumer Sales Consultant  in  Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Consumer Sales Consultant in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

very good pay- salary
    very good compensation- bonus for hitting sales goals
    very good bonuses- cash for going beyond in sales

note att sales consultants in call center atmosphere get more salary than most call center positions- on top of that if you work hard its pretty easy to hit 80k a year- if your lazy and non competitive like to take your time-- do not waste your time you will be let go- only after having a taste of what you can make.

this is sales so if your new to it you may find yourself stressed out, i had never worked sales but am diligent and tweek my performance- work out great! I made my own luck by speeding up my results- changing the way I pitched different things and make a lot of money.

Cons

can be stressful-
    supervisors are cheerleaders that think they are doing something- gets on my nerves
    my suggestion keep the supervisors busy with running your sales and checking your orders- put them to work
    you are a worker ant at att- i mean to make big money you need to run a lot of calls which gets old -
    i counteracted this with taking a month and just kinda relaxing- not worrying about sales if your great at your job they wont bother you.

upper management- I actually feel sorry for them some of the upper management barely make what the top sales reps do lol like supervisors they are number crunchers and order chasers in sales- so keep running my numbers and chasing my orders thanks!

Fast Paced

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I  in  Pueblo, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Pueblo, CO (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

The call center is very fast paced, which makes the day go by fast. Most of my coworkers are really friendly and take pride in their job.
    Schedules and vacations are based on seniority, so while I am low on the totem pole, per se, I understand and feel it is fair. On the other hand, it can cause issues for employees with small children.
    Having a call center background, I understand the dynamics of speed on the phone and on the computer, but at times, the call volume can be very high, even with the push for self service.

Cons

The metrics! We have a scale of 1-10 on certain things that the customer rates us on with an after call survey, and we aim to get 10's across the board. However, if you have a customer that has called in a number of times, they rate the company as a whole and not the employee. And that bad review can cause your overall score to drop to 0. And anything under 9 is worth 0 or -100, so it creates a lot of stress. To me, it would make sense to have 7-8 at least mean something.

Take a look at the metrics again. Getting one bad survey, even if we did everything we could to help the customer, is bringing morale down.

AT&T is a great company to work for.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Norman, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Norman, OK (US)

I worked at AT&T part-time for less than a year

Pros

Sales.
    Customer Relationship Selling.
    Good money for part time.
    Technology driven.

Cons

Poor management at certain levels.

Unless you get to an area manager / director or above your job could potentially be at stake on a daily basis.

Definitely one of the best experiences I ever had; I recommend AT&T to anyone.

Former Employee - Intern  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at AT&T as an intern for less than a year

Pros

treat employees better than customers, and they treat the customers very well.
    the benefits and company perks are endless

Cons

typical corporate America problems
    Often I felt like a robot with a routine

Get rid of much of the pointless work human resources is doing.

Awesome

Current Employee - Senior Technical Architect
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Architect

I have been working at AT&T as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent Work Culture,Telecommuting Option,Less Stress,Competitive,Strong Values,Personal Growth,Supportive management

Cons

Rates lower than industry standards,Very slow process, Many levels of approval,Not thinking out of the box.

Please be quicker with satisfying employee needs like progression,immigration etc

Nice place

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good culture and company structure

Cons

promotions opportunities are limited sometimes

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!