AT&T

5,638 Reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
2,615 Ratings

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school (in 268 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours (in 212 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights

Early days were great with strong leadership that understood the Australian Market well.

Former Employee - Global Account Director  in  Melbourne
    Former Employee - Global Account Director in Melbourne

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

All the people supporting sales are great to work with as they are supportive and are willing to go the extra mile in a process orientated environment.

Cons

Salary is competitive although work-life balance is challenging working across multiple time zones. Limited solution set available in Asia-Pac.

Find some strong differentiation in the Australian market place. Stop being a me too player and relying on the brand.

Great Job, Great Managers, Great Pay, Horrible Hours

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant  in  Lafayette, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lafayette, LA (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

The managers are really helpful, you have plenty of training to do your job, and the pay is excellent.

Cons

The biggest issue here are hours, since it's a union company, the good hours are given to tenured reps meaning that for years you'll be stuck with horrid hours, no weekends off and closing the store pretty much every night.

Your high performers are usually NOT the tenured reps, you are driving away the people that actually makes you a lot of money and punishing them by making them work horrible and uneven hours. You can't base a life around that.

Experience at AT&T

Current Employee - Business Account Executive
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation is great and solutions are excellent.

Cons

Internal processes are outdated, time consuming.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome, until they wanted to make a change

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I had the benefit of working with a lot of great people for a long time. My crew was loyal to a fault and still are. I haven't been there in a few years and we all still talk! It was a great family environment.

Cons

Every month there was a different fire to put out management wise, there was some change being made as a knee jerk reaction to something someone said or did instead of staying the tried and true course.

Great company you work for.

Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant  in  Columbia, SC (US)
    Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, SC (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Constantly working.
    Never bored.
    Access to new devices first.
    Great training.

Cons

Quota. But I've heard that's changed and is more attainable.

Hard to compete with

Current Employee - Retail Leadership Intern  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Leadership Intern in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training is great. They truly want to develop and promote you within the company. The benefits are incredible too. Think about it, how often do you see AT&T for any sports events? Discounts for all types of events, plan, and new products in a great plus. They have full coverage of benefits as well. Company culture is also great. Upper management, including the regional president, presidents, and CEO are extremely humble; like talking to your best friend's dad. Humility is an important trait many people have within the company.

Cons

Work life balance at first if you start in retail, but that is with any retail job. It starts adjusting as you go along with the job once you train your assistant managers to run a store without you.

Love the development of your people.

Very frustrating at times , but overall rewarding

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is competitive, benefits are real

Cons

Memebers not being on the same page, communication lacks between team and management

Great Benefits, Management Experience

Former Employee - Finance Representative  in  Lynnwood, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Finance Representative in Lynnwood, WA (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was fortunate enough to be in the "pilot" program for Finance Representatives. My manager was awesome and showed me the ropes of running a store. I worked Monday - Friday which is AMAZING in Retail. We were recognized by upper management when we did a good job, which is often if you keep up with your daily paperwork. ALWAYS something to do.

Cons

Management responsibilities but NOT management pay. Mine was $12 range. I wish I knew where these reps worked that made $17 per hour, I'd NEVER have left my job if I had been in that range. Very rewarding work, but a lot of responsibility for $12. Had to help with customers when the sales floor was crowded, but we were not paid commission, no matter how much we sold. You also were scapegoat if ANY inventory was missing, and DONT misplace or have a phone stolen. All in all, best job I've ever had.

This position should be called "Store Operations Manager", and they should be compensated as management. Audits are SUPER stressful - that's reason enough to push for "Management" status.

Very good company to work for

Current Employee - Technical Intern  in  El Paso, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Intern in El Paso, TX (US)

I have been working at AT&T part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, workplace,etc...
    SUPER A training

Cons

not enough challenge to increase technical skills

Former Employee

Current Employee - Maintenance Administrator  in  Hoffman Estates, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Maintenance Administrator in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great salary for a semi-technical position, although it was a call center position. There are certainly opportunities for some to move up, but it is often more of a question of waiting it out (unless you are a fast tracked employee). Many of the employees have high seniority (20+ years at the company), so it is a company that you can consider for your entire career, if you so choose.

Cons

Middle management was often petty and more like baby sitters than professionals. Many of the arbitrary rules seemed to be developed just to make people less likely to stay there, and during the time that I quit, the company was indeed working to reduce the number of employees. They ultimately closed the super center they established by consolidating offices.

Create a culture that is not focused on creating a superior-subordinate dynamic. People work harder for managers they not only respect, but who respect them right back.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!