AT&T

3.1 5,347 reviews

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson

Randall L. Stephenson

(2,460 ratings)

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are pretty good for a job you can walk into from high school (in 268 reviews)

• Work life balance is fantastic - they never interfere in my free time (in 140 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the biggest struggle because of the long retail hours (in 212 reviews)

• Upper management will throw store management under the bus to look good to RSC's (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights
5,347 Employee Reviews

There was opportunity for advancement if you worked hard

Associate Director (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThe pay was very good. They offered classes to learn project management, systems and other things to help you improve in certain skills. I love the company, the brand, and the leadership. They make sure you receive the training you need to do a great job.

ConsThere wasn't much work life balance. They believe managers should always work 9 hours not including lunch. When working in the sales department sometimes you would not receive your sales goal until June. Then of course it was always higher than what you met which means now for the rest of the year they would take money out of your check to take back what they had paid you for "exceeding" the temporary goals that were set from Jan-Jun. Sales goals should be set and ready no later than the end of Jan.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more work life balance for employees.

Great experience. Learned a lot.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat salary and benefits. Able to work from home.

ConsDifficult to get promoted.

AT&T is a great place to work!

National Account Executive (Current Employee) Moorestown, NJ (US)

ProsRoom for development and opportunities for career advancement.

ConsVery competitive marketplace and industry.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience with at&t has been life changing

ProsDetailed training involved with exposure to many key elements of business.

ConsWork life balance is harder to maintain in retail.

My experience was better than marginal.

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Allen, TX (US)

ProsThe best things about working here are the customers, you get to learn about new devices, and my co-workers are very cool.

ConsSome of the challenges would be applying and placement to the right location as this pertains to management. Some locations have a better business culture that yields a more amicable work environment than other locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible when it comes to employees and policy. By doing this, you may find that your employees are happier. Therefore, increasing productivity and less employee churn.

Do enough to stay under the radar.

Manager (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

ProsGreat company to work for. Pay is good compared to other companies that are providing the same service.

ConsThe unions fighter harder for those who need to go and not hard enough for the good techs.

Advice to Senior ManagementArea manager and District managers need to go through the Leadership Program and allow the First Level Managers to manage.

Overall not a bad company to work for

ProsDecent wages if you are able to hit your sales numbers

ConsBe ready for change, they change EVERYTHING all the time. Including your pay structure

Good

ProsFriendly, opportunities, cool, hard, easy

Conswork load is good or may depend from individual

P's review of ATT

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

ProsGood company, great benefits, great working environment, great training experience, opportunities for advancement, global reach, nice market share, Fortune 500 company, good CEO , good supervisor.,

ConsVery big impersonal, corporate environment, work weekend, holidays, very competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify the work force.

Amazing company, horrible management

Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Laguna Niguel, CA (US)

ProsYou get what you put in. The benefits of working for the company are unreal... part of the union, amazing pay, job security, health benefits, 401k match, flexible hours. If you have the drive and the want, are able to perform in a high pressure sales position, you will surely succeed.

ConsYou cap out on your hourly rate. RSC's stop getting raises, commission is harder to obtain. The company became greedy, increasing monthly goals while decreasing the payout. Once too many people obtain the ability to maximize, the company restructures commissions and goals making it nearly impossible for people to really make good money. The company uses a bunch of scare tactics and threats. Everyday you walk in you are just a number and they continually remind you of that. The managers lack leadership skills, they dictate everything and base all reactions off of emotions. There isn't room for growth in the retail setting unless you kiss the back end of your manager and their boss and so on and so forth. A ton of empty promises. Ethics do not exist on the retail side of the company. You're worked like a dog day in and day out with no sort of appreciation or recognition.

Advice to Senior Managementrestructure your management style... take more of a leadership approach. The employees that are customer facing in the retail setting are the main contributors to the future success and growth of the company. Treat them with more respect, pay them more, reward RSC's for their dedication and success.

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!