AXA Advisors

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries

Henri de Castries

Pros:
  • "control over own salary, flexible work hours"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Opportunity to make a lot of money, if you work hard enough or get lucky"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality"
    in 5 reviews
  • "No base salary, heavy sales focus, no formal training"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

GREAT job that ensures a successful career!

Columbia, MD (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for less than a year

ProsThis is a great company to work for! The workplace is very relaxed and my coworkers are very friendly and approachable. You aren't stuck in the office from 9-5 because you get to travel to meet with your clients. There is so much support as a new employee, your manager really wants you to succeed. They provide so much training and make it fun and easy to retain. New jobs/careers can be intimidating but all of the training is provided and super helpful! Its a great job that emphasizes individual success while being a part of a team/district. There are many networking and team-building events, which keep the job fun and rewarding. You are acknowledged and appreciated for your hard work. This company is great because they really want you to succeed and offer all the training, programs, and help you could need to be successful. AXA is already a leading company in the financial industry, but recently it launched numerous advertisement campaigns that will benefit our brand awareness tremendously.

ConsLike any job, it can be a challenging, You get what you put into it, so you really have to polish your entrepreneurial skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with all of the new advertising this year! It's gaining us so much attention!

Hard work but worth it.

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)
Buffalo, NY (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat team atmosphere with co-workers who become friends. Ability to make great money, challenging and engaging career. It gets easier and easier over time as you build up your clients. Great training too.

ConsYou must be self motivated, you will be guided and helped with what to do but you need to go out and do it yourself. Getting started can take a lot of time and effort to build up your business but once you do it will be rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the training schedule, set up more times for senior advisors to talk to new ones and give them advice from when they were new.

Best opportunity for the right person

Financial Consultant (Current Employee)
Buffalo, NY (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAdvisors and staff in our Buffalo office are extremely helpful and supportive. The managers are more mentors and coaches, rather than bosses. The Buffalo office has the highest per capita income within the company, with most advisors making well over $100,000. Many making $250,000+. It is a tremendous opportunity to help clients achieve their financial goals, while having the freedom to run your own financial planning practice. The benefits are second to none in the industry. A lot of short term and long term incentive programs on top of highest immediate compensation in the financial planning industry. Support to obtain your CFP designation and other higher education programs.

ConsIn the first few years there is a lot of hard work and time that needs to be put in. However over time, the work gets easier through working with clients and receiving referrals. And the flexibility over running your own calendar helps maintain a work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue supporting the financial advisors as you currently do with programs such as the training through Harvard and the Wharton School of Business at University of Penn.

Great company and people to work for and build a business.

Financial Consultant (Current Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

ProsAxa provides unlimited training. They are big on team building and are always pushing you to do your best.

ConsMust be able to contract to receive benefits and pay.

Intern!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern

ProsThe culture in the office is great. Solid people around you looking to help and build your career. The managers are there to help, since you make them money.

ConsThe downfall is that it is very tough to get started in the industry, but if you can do so it is very lucrative. As a young or recent college graduate be ready to be working 50-60 hours a week to really get your foot in the door.

Internship

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern for less than a year

ProsLearned how to work the phone

ConsA large amount of down time

Advice to Senior ManagementMore structured internship

Private Wealth Management Intern

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern for less than a year

ProsThis internship opened up many doors for me, future employers are very interested in my experiences at AXA

ConsNo cons during my internship

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Good Sales Training / Poor Sales Leads

Financial Representative (Former Employee)
Columbia, MD (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you already have a network of people who you can target for financial services, there is the potential for significant income. Allows you to use products outside of AXA, but it is not encouraged. Good sales training.

ConsPotential clients aren't familiar with AXA. Expect to be on the phone making a lot of cold calls if you don't have a lead network in place. This would be fine, except that you have to pay for/produce the leads yourself. For younger individuals, it focuses more on annuities then on managed money to accumulate wealth, which is more expensive for the client.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be easier for those starting out if they worked under a mentor. Sales could be supplemented by supporting mentor. Base salary. Have a system in place to provide leads.

I learned how to properly file and organize documents and folders.

Clerical Assistant (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors part-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe employer and the whole work environment is friendly, you learn about the business and it's flexible.

ConsThe downside was it was not the work field of my choice, but it was something and I'm glad I was apart of it.

AXA Advisors Internship

Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern for less than a year

ProsGot to work directly with a wealth management adviser.
Received a lot of responsibilities right away in researching various mutual funds.
I also was able to accompany my supervisor while she met with clients and brought me along on presentations of various mutual funds.

ConsA lot of administrative work.
Many days of making copies, faxes, and scans.
Work also consisted of researching new clients for the firm which consisted off filling up phone lists during the evening.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse more mentorship to show interns how portfolios are set for different clients. Teach interns, and give them more responsibility rather than administrative tasks.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for AXA Advisors CEO Henri de Castries. All 236 reviews are posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees.