AXA Advisors

Be The First To
Add Photos

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries

Henri de Castries

Pros:
  • "Flexible hours, you're in charge of your own future"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Opportunity to make a lot of money, if you work hard enough or get lucky"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality"
    in 6 reviews
  • "No base salary, heavy sales focus, no formal training"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

They will make you lie

Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for less than a year

ProsYou can get your licenses quickly but you have to pay for them yourself. There is not really any other positive thing to say here

ConsThey will make you call all your friends and family even before you are licensed and sell them high-priced and poor performing annuities and whole life insurance policies. This is a 100% commission job and they will charge you for everything such as stamps to mail out documents to clients

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing honest is a better long term business plan. Do not nickle and dime your employees when you are making so much off their backs

"A great way to get started in financial advisory."

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

ProsThe company offers many financial services and thus offers advisors multiple platforms to earn and find their own personal niche.

ConsDo not expect to learn /or apply much about financial concepts. This is pretty much sales job. Requires a lot of initial personal investment (time, licensing fees). Hopefully you get a good manager (as I did) that will help you get a foothold in business early before you start to branch out.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your advisors as far as infrastructure or tools. This is a major global corporation and advisors should not have to go into their own pocket to enhance their marketing capabilities.

Able and willing!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors

ProsAwesome training for those new to the industry and/or profession. It's truly graduate level training at least twice a week. Homework assignments and all but for real life scenarios and client interactions.

ConsMake sure you know your fellow associates well because they will steal commissions which is important because you start out pre-contract (100% commission).

Advice to Senior ManagementPaid Training!!!!

after being independent for years AXA seemed like a nice fit for a career agency

Financial Planner (Current Employee)
Sarasota, FL (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBranch Manager in Tampa Florida was great

ConsCompliance and expense no district manager in Sarasota

Advice to Senior Managementfind a way to lower advisor expenses

Local branch managers make/break your experience. Mine was great.

Wichita, KS (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGreat training for consulting process. Very systematic in weekly sales meetings- not just ra ra sessions; focused on helping the producer. Fair payout if you're willing to work. Great opportunity for those who push themselves.

ConsThey require you to have a minimum percentage of your production be with proprietary products- thankfully they have some pretty good products. Some in upper management get to pushing the company Kool-Aid in a heavy handed way. If you stick to doing right by the client you'll be okay.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo proprietary product focused... it's a dinosaur business model. Also, not a single advisor, not even the 30 year veterans, were able to read commission statements.

Fraudulent and Unethical

Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

ProsThere were no pros at this place of employment. Very disturbing experience.

ConsIn my time at this company I witnessed numerous client complaints from unsuitable investment recommendations and poor customer service. There reports of dishonest activities, taking advantage of customers, driven by greed with a total disregard of industry regulations. You can read about illegal kickbacks and ponzi schemes with charges and litigation pending. The sales force does not meet regulatory requirements to conduct business as registered investment advisors. Testimonials from employees and customers reveal disturbing facts about compliance violations, unethical behavior, and criminal activities.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease go out of business.

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time

ProsSalary, plus commissions flexible schedule and the opportunity to meet different people everyday. Non Captive Company

ConsHard industry to break into, a lot of time will be devoted to establishing your Book of Business.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand the changing tides of the workforce.

Good people, tough profession

I have been working at AXA Advisors

ProsGood people to work with, willing to help, great earning potential

ConsHigh standards, must meet requirements that are sometimes difficult to acquire

Insurance Sales is all you'll be incentivized to do...

I have been working at AXA Advisors

ProsAutonomy to create your own schedule etc...

ConsSomewhat deceptive management and sales tactics. Cold call or hit up your personal contacts to see who wants to buy 1) Life insurance 2) Annuities... that's all this gig is about.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe Honest

Financial Advisor Program

New York, NY (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

ProsSponsorship for the series 7

ConsYou are not even a part time worker until you pass the series 7, then you are only part time until you do enough business to go on contract full time, then congratulations, you have to pay your your desk space and E&O insurance. You cold call all day to sell bankers and lawyers variable insurance or annuities, that's it.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are idiots that know nothing about the markets. All they know how to sell is insurance and annuities. They sell YOU in order for you to agree to come onboard, the entire process is smoke and mirrors. Dont believe a word they say.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

AXA Advisors Videos

AXA Advisors – Why Work for Us?

What we stand for… We connect people in communities with financial services and products that help protect the futures they build for themselves and their families. At AXA Advisors, we work hard to help our financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AXA Advisors reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for AXA Advisors CEO Henri de Castries. All 242 reviews are posted anonymously by AXA Advisors employees.