AXA Advisors

Updated 12 September 2014
3.2

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries
Henri de Castries

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money) (in 8 reviews)

• Flexible hours most of the time (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary offered in Manasquan (in 8 reviews)

• Sell to family and friends" marketing mentality (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Worth it if you can hack it ...

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

Like any great company AXA has some challenges, but overall it's a great place to work. Excellent training. Great support from my district manager and a good office culture.

Cons

It's very challenging to stay motivated getting having to hear the word "no" more often than yes.

Don't let any weak people through the doors ... it doesn't help when I want to be around others who really want success.

Intern

Former Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very family-oriented company, great Work Life Balance, everyone was so nice

Cons

Lack of professional training, high turnover, no base pay for entry-level employees, not very interesting job

The management themselves were capable, but needed to deliver the excellence effectively to their subordinates

Internship

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

Great training experience, good staff, fun environment

Cons

zero on the job experience

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside AXA Advisors - Simple Overview

Current Employee - Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Support, Good Managers. Great group of people!!!!! Everyone gets a fair shot at the prize and is treated equally. Management goes above and beyond to improve sales!

Cons

No guarantee you'll find the High-Net-Worth clients you'll need to have a Job. Long start-up, unless you have access to wealthy contacts. Very difficult for anyone in need of a livable salary for first 1-3 years; benefits of making great money should kick in by year 5, but you do starve in the beginning and you pay for everything yourself!

No advice to give management, as they've stated, "We know everything!"

Working with AXA

Former Employee - Financial Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

Pros

open architecture, competitive products, starting base salary plus commission. Flexible schedule but the more time you put in the more you'll get out of it.

Cons

No brand awareness, Lack luster management, lots of traveling

Work with new hires and provide dedicated time to help them build.

Advisor

Former Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Cleveland, OH (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Schedule Flexibility, sales training, professional atmosphere. If you are entrepreneurial, and disciplined, and focus on the proper activity to build a network of prospects and centers of influence you may succeed over time.

Cons

You eat what you kill. Not for those who are there to kick the tires. Your either all in, or all out.

Good company to work at and Great team members! Must learn to adapt to change.

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Great team members! Great benefits throughout. Company has been around since 1800's and global.

Cons

Have to be able to be capable and adapt to change.

Acknowledgement goes a long way...positive or otherwise.

Success depends entirely on you

Current Employee - Financial Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Create your own schedule
    Control your success
    Flexibility
    Incredible earnings potential
    One of the few companies that will hire you even if you don't have a series 6 or 7 and will sponsor you for the test.

Cons

100% prospecting and sales oriented.
    Must have a large natural market and be willing to tap into that market or be willing to spend an extraordinary amount of time prospecting (cold calling, canvassing, networking).
    Can take a while before commissions start rolling in.

People are very happy and help each other.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of potential and a lot of freedom. Work hard and make a great living or just try to do it and flounder, it is your choice.

Cons

The public is very smart and savvy on how to avoid salespeople, you need to be very creative and genuine.

Keep up the good work

If you don't want to sell insurance, you're going to have a bad time!

Current Employee - Financial Consultant
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time for more than a year

Pros

DISCLAIMER: this review constitutes only my OPINION

*Great place to start your career, and they're willing to hire almost anyone (even without your licenses)
    *Will help you get your licenses if you don't have them
    *Great position title if you want to switch jobs later on
    *Flexible work schedule. You work when you want to, but with that said, expect to work long hours if you want to succeed.
    *If you're self motivated, you will do not badly.
    *If you're self motivated, charismatic, and good looking, that is when you will make money.
    *Great coworkers (not including the managers-- see cons section)-- everyone understands the stress and frustrations of working with fickle clients. They will stand by you and help you as much as they can.
    *If you have a good manager, you will probably have a better time. That said, your chances of getting a good manager are pretty slim
    *You do make good money if you're good at what you do.
    *pretty good training: they teach you a lot if you have the time to sit in on all of the meetings
    *good benefits- commissions pay out at pretty high rates
    *our life insurance products are not bad in my opinion
    *Senior Executive Vice President was an amazing leader; I only wish the district managers were the same.

Cons

DISCLAIMER: this review constitutes only my OPINION
    ALSO: this is not a vindictive reaction to being fired; I have successfully hit quota thus far and expect to continue to do so in the future.
    NOW, WHERE TO BEGIN?

*high turnover-- in my time there, I have seen too many people come and go. Because they hire everyone, most people are not actually fit for the job. Chances are you are not fit in the long term either (~90% industry attrition rate)
    *middle management is largely HORRENDOUS; they're driven by greed, which is understandable since this is a sales job at the end of the day, but they don't help you much
    *they bait you with success stories that have you chasing the dream that you are THE one to make it big, but one day the sobering reality will hit that you are probably not the one that will make the big bucks
    *they, in my opinion, bait and switch you (which ironically is an unethical action in the industry)
    Example 1- I was told I would be working in wealth management (which is not completely untrue), but if you want to hit quota, you usually begin by selling insurance (was not told this)
    Example 2- promise of two options when joining the company: option 1 included a salary, option 2 included no salary but larger commissions. When you finish your probation period, option 1 sometimes magically disappears.
    *our annuity products, in my opinion, are not the most competitive in the industry
    Elaboration- products look good on paper, but- in practice- are so-so. Most successful advisors don't sell AXA products (so I've heard)
    *forced to sell before you completely understand the product
    Example 1- sold my family members multiple products that were probably not the best options for them (partner may or may not be motivated by greed/quota pressures e.g. managers)

The list could go on and on.

DISCLAIMER: this review constitutes only my OPINION

My Senior Executive Vice President was an excellent fellow. If only he saw what the managers were like. They're greedy, pushy, and don't care to help. If you're wondering why AXA Advisors has so many bad reviews, look at your middle management. Something is obviously wrong.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!