AXA Advisors

Updated 23 February 2015
3.2

AXA Advisors Chairman and CEO Henri de Castries
Henri de Castries

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money if you are truly dedicated and passionate about the job (or about the money) (in 8 reviews)

• Creating your own work schedule/ Flexible Hours (This is not a 8-5 job) (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary, heavy sales focus, no formal training (in 8 reviews)

• I would suggest buying a book of business, starting from scratch can be daunting (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

AXA Advisors - Great opportunity for growth and a sustainable financial services practice.

Current Employee - Fianicial Professional in Morristown, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Fianicial Professional in Morristown, NJ (US)

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Scalable Business Model
    Great Benefits (401K, Health, Alternative Platforms)
    Unlimited Pay
    Mentorships
    Family Office Environment
    Flexible Time Schedule

Cons

Difficult startup for your practice
    No Salary (complicated)
    Confusing products and services
    If not pursued properly; Limited Education
    Not the "sexiest" financial organization.

Good but not professional

Current Intern - Financial Advisor
    Current Intern - Financial Advisor

I have been working at AXA Advisors as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The office atmosphere is comfort and friendly. It's a good place for people like to talk with others and wanna be a financial advisor. But not provide visa sponsor for international student.

Cons

You need try your best to get as much info about potential clients. The process is very boring, but you have to be patient and keep working.

People wanna work as a financial advisor needs to get some license to access to the position.

Greatest company I've worked for so far

I have been working at AXA Advisors

Pros

Excellent career growth and income potential

Cons

We've experienced some issues with our computer systems

All depends on what branch and manager you have

Current Employee - Financial Consultant
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant

I have been working at AXA Advisors full-time

Pros

If you have a manager that is devoted to your success and building a team as well as a branch with a culture that breeds success, all you need is to be willing to work hard (12 hour days during week, come in on some weekends).
    Pays off in long run if you are so inclined to work hard.
    Provides superb opportunities for advancement if you are willing to work for it
    Above average compensation package

Cons

You're likely not going to make much money in your first 6 months unless you have a strong natural market (friends and family) so you need a support system or money to fall back on until your practice gets up and running.
    Be ready to suffer for 1-4 years before you have a self-sustaining practice.
    Management gears towards selling proprietary products although you are not required to

Stronger vetting process during hiring, I see plenty of people that last less than 3 months because the job wasn't what they thought it was or they weren't qualified.

do not work here

Former Employee - Financial Consultant
    Former Employee - Financial Consultant

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

the only pro from axa is that it allows for anyone to get their licenses so they can go get a job somewhere else

Cons

Working here is a waste of time as it is more of a pyramid scheme than an actual job itself

carefully pick who you chose to be leaders in the company, some of them tend to do some very shady stuff that could end up coming back to them.

A great place to start

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Great training and leadership. Benefits are satisfactory and the compensation is straight commission. Be prepared to work hard if you plan to be successful.

Cons

The challenge I found after a few years was generating new business. This business requires many referrals and is based on the number of relationships you can develop and maintain.

Financial Advisor

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Good management and friendly if you were a top producer

Cons

High fees to work, make you sell annuities,

None.

It's not for everyone and is what you put into it

I worked at AXA Advisors

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth, and you gain exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills as well as character building. It is a very tough job that requires a lot of self-motivation, so if you stick through it and you're successful, you're very knowledgeable, optimistic, and driven. They're very good at guiding new employees and training them to the best of their ability so that you won't feel like you're being thrown out in the ocean and have to teach yourself to swim on your own.

Cons

Like I said in the title, this isn't for everyone. You'll experience a lot of rejections as you learn the trade and practice, and the first year or two requires a lot of grunt work that may not be worth it if your heart/drive is not in it. If you don't enjoy meeting new people and building relationships, then this definitely isn't for you because this career depends heavily on networking and building rapport. Most people quit before 2 years because they are short-sighted and don't see the benefits of the investment in the long run. Your experience also is mostly determined by your manager and not the company overall since he or she will be your mentor. Mine was great, and if I stayed it would mostly be because I didn't want to disappoint him, but the job itself really depressed me so I eventually decided to leave and change career paths.

Be better at screening people and giving them a realistic idea of the job in the beginning so that you don't waste your time training people who will inevitably quit, and they won't waste their time in an endeavor that wasn't suited for them. The type of people who will succeed in this industry is someone who can roll with the punches and gets more motivated when people tell them no. Gauge their work ethic and level of optimism early on.

Decent internship. Unpaid. Not full-time.

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at AXA Advisors as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Easy program. Perfect for sophomore or freshman in college learning to get experience.

Cons

Bad management. Program needs a lot more structure.

Create more structured program