Accenture Reviews

8,867 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
3,558 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 576 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 514 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1114 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 181 reviews)

More Highlights

Fast paced

Current Employee - Manager in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Constructive environment And heaps of opportunities

Cons

Very fast paced environment which can take a while to get used to

A good place to start with

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Depends on the project you are in. Bangalore location is preferable for starters to explore good opportunities. You always have your choice of what to do. Culture is good.

Cons

Would be great if onshore opportunities are given based on ability rather than work visa availability. Employee preferences(especiall work location) need to be respected rather than accepting managerial decision.

Its ok

I have been working at Accenture as a contractor

Pros

company has a good culture

Cons

company lacks training and leadership coaching

focus more on employees

real life dilbert cartoon

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good place to get fast experience with different organisations and roles

Cons

the firm is full of people who have no idea what are they're talking about

Fast paced environment, with plenty of opportunities to take on responsibility. Self directed career choices.

Current Employee - Strategy Analyst in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Strategy Analyst in Melbourne

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to start a career with plenty of exit opportunities in the technology industry (due to a strong technology brand). Good hard working culture, fostering people development.

Cons

Lower than market rate salary
    Not a strong management consulting brand

Know what you want and don't let them push you into roles

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Brisbane
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Brisbane

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunities, great people to work with, training is great if you get a chance to go, as well as if you get time for online training

Cons

They will sell you into a role regardless of your qualifications. You may be a business analyst and get sold into an IT/testing role just to boost chargeability

Forcing people into roles, will make them leave if they can. Consider this when forcing people into roles

Ideal first step, but know when to leave..

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- An ideal place for graduates to start their careers. New joiners can gain a lot of diverse experience in a short period of time, and will benefit from the Accenture brand on their CVs.
    - Accenture is a truly global brand with a lot of opportunity across different clients, industries and projects (one bonus is overseas training in Kuala Lumpur or Chicago - even better if you can take leave afterwards for a 'free' holiday). The experience of working across multiple clients is invaluable.
    - One of Accenture's core values is 'best people', and I have found this to be a true reflection of the Accenture workforce. I have come across very, very few people that I have not enjoyed working with - the majority of people are highly intelligent, very driven and a pleasure to work alongside.
    - I have always felt appropriately compensated for my work and found the promotion and performance cycle to be merit based. Occasionally someone 'falls through the cracks' but for the most part the right people are promoted.

Cons

- Accenture is ostensibly a technology company, and technology is at the forefront of almost everything we do. This can be frustrating for those (such as myself) with business backgrounds who are looking for management consulting or strategy consulting experience. Recruitment do not make the technology emphasis abundantly clear and I have seen many colleagues disappointed at the reality of being engaged on SI-type engagements in which they have little or no interest.
    - While there undoubtedly is a lot of opportunity within the Accenture universe, you have to be extremely proactive to realize these opportunities and control the direction of your career. Recruitment like to push the idea that you can 'choose' your roles, but the reality is very different and at an Analyst/Consultant level it is very easy to get pushed into roles that do match your professional goals. Typically, if a Manager wants to staff you on a project, you will have no choice in the matter. I have seen Strategy consultants forced onto 6 month long SI engagements before. This is especially a problem in small markets where the majority of work may sit across one or two industries and a handful of clients with limited variety in work.
    - Work/life balance is project-specific and very much a case of peaks and troughs. The peaks can be extremely intense, with 15 hour days, weekend work and late night conference calls commonplace on some projects. The salt in the wound is that the culture of 'ghosting' hours is seemingly engrained in Accenture's culture, meaning that employees are rarely remunerated for overtime. Thankfully projects like this are the exception rather than the rule, and at times it can be possible to work close to 9 - 5. Less thankfully, work/life balance gets worse the more senior you become.

- It is time to get serious about work/life balance. There is no excuse for under-resourcing projects and ending up working people to the bone at the expense of family, health and relationships.

How Accenture can Destroy your career < Highly Applicable for Experienced Hires >

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None so to speak...Except for the fact that a job here would enable you to earn a living ..

Cons

This firm will go down as one of the worst experiences for me. I now understand why Accenture requires a heavily marketed approach towards attracting talent . Dont get fooled by the clout created by this firm which promotes itself as an employer of choice. The reality is these guys will be even ready to send you to clean toilets if they re able to sell you to a client.. The term "Consulting " doesnt really hold any real meaning here as the bulk of Accenture's Consulting workforce merely does a glorified Project Management role. You will find many managers who come from non-technical background with the title of architects and if you happen to be someone who loves technology you will realize that you are being supervised by incompetent idiots with no real knowledge.

PS: I have worked for well known fortune 100 technology firms and am well respected as a technology expert in my industry domain. I would like to do myself a favor and leave Accenture as soon as I can.

Be truthful as to what you can really do for a client by looking around the quality of your workforce instead of promising the sky and the moon to the client .

System integrator, not a proper consulting company

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Global network and opportunities, relocation possibilities

Cons

Quality of people they are recruiting, not great culture and value

Quality of people they are recruiting, not great culture and value

Very competitive and hard to succeed without self promotion

I worked at Accenture full-time

Pros

Diversity of projects and gain expire to a lot of business practices both within the company and their clients

Cons

Long, long, long hours. Promotion depends on performance ratings, but more importantly on how good you are at promoting yourself as an valuable asset