Accenture Reviews

8,366 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
3,307 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 488 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 456 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 971 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors (in 161 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to build your career if you are career oriented, ambitious, and single (or married with no kids)

Current Employee - Technology Consulting Manager  in  Melbourne
    Current Employee - Technology Consulting Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Vast opportunities to learn new and latest trend of technology as well as to get yourself trained in both technical/hard skills and people/soft skills. Very structured methodology and approach that are invaluable to learn. Strong global network and attitude to deliver work. Supportive to flexible working arrangement.

Cons

If your definition of "life" is "work", then you will get a very good work-life balance but if you have kids and you are a family person, this is probably not a suitable place for you. The higher you go up your level, the more expectation from you to work longer hours (but don't get paid overtime) to get the job done.

Work-life balance is just an empty slogan now.

System integrator, not a proper consulting company

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Global network and opportunities, relocation possibilities

Cons

Quality of people they are recruiting, not great culture and value

Quality of people they are recruiting, not great culture and value

Very competitive and hard to succeed without self promotion

I worked at Accenture full-time

Pros

Diversity of projects and gain expire to a lot of business practices both within the company and their clients

Cons

Long, long, long hours. Promotion depends on performance ratings, but more importantly on how good you are at promoting yourself as an valuable asset

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

How Accenture can Destroy your career < Highly Applicable for Experienced Hires >

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Melbourne
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Accenture full-time for less than a year

Pros

None so to speak...Except for the fact that a job here would enable you to earn a living ..

Cons

This firm will go down as one of the worst experiences for me. I now understand why Accenture requires a heavily marketed approach towards attracting talent . Dont get fooled by the clout created by this firm which promotes itself as an employer of choice. The reality is these guys will be even ready to send you to clean toilets if they re able to sell you to a client.. The term "Consulting " doesnt really hold any real meaning here as the bulk of Accenture's Consulting workforce merely does a glorified Project Management role. You will find many managers who come from non-technical background with the title of architects and if you happen to be someone who loves technology you will realize that you are being supervised by incompetent idiots with no real knowledge.

PS: I have worked for well known fortune 100 technology firms and am well respected as a technology expert in my industry domain. I would like to do myself a favor and leave Accenture as soon as I can.

Be truthful as to what you can really do for a client by looking around the quality of your workforce instead of promising the sky and the moon to the client .

Every positive is followed by a bigger negative

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Opportunity to travel to KL or Chicago for training
    - Plenty of networking events (free drinks)

Cons

- Learning and development is lacking. While you do get to go to Chicago or Kuala Lumpur for training, note that this is once every 2-4 years and it's only 1 or 2 weeks. That is just about the only training you will realistically get. Also the training is too generalised, meaning you might get trained in areas that are not specific to your region. For our training we did case studies on digital marketing and retention, when in reality no clients in our geographic region require this type of work from us.

- Work life balance is terrible. Sometimes workers and senior managers will give you bad looks just for leaving ON TIME. I've seen analysts sitting at their desks until 7pm at night, literally doing no work but afraid to go home because Senior Management might not think they are team players. Pathetic.

- Promotions are inconsistent. Accenture will try and justify any reason to not promote employees for as long as possible. Have you had excellent chargeability? Good, except you don't have enough performance reviews..NO PROMOTION. Good performance reviews? Well you haven't gone beyond your work requirements. So NO PROMOTION. Good performance review and chargeability? Yeah but you're not working to a level beyond your current pay grade...NO PROMOTION. Their criteria for promotion and bonuses is painfully subjective. Talk to 10 Managers at Accenture on how to get promoted and you'll get 10 completely different responses.

- Pay. Not that good when considering how many hours we are required to work. I've never talked to anybody at Accenture who is truly happy with their pay, only a bunch of people who hate it now but hold onto hope that a good pay rise is in order when they get promoted.

- Treatment of Employees is poor. Managers and Snr. Managers are extremely disinterested and disrespectful towards employees. I was asked to work on excel models over the weekend, only to come in on a Monday and be told that they changed their minds on the requirements, but they forgot to tell me. Weekend well spent. Many of the lower level staff are incredibly fake and willing to screw anybody over to make themselves look better. Some lower level staff have been put specifically on certain project not to learn or provide value in any way, but to simply take the blame/fall for Snr. Management should the need arise. The ironic thing is the few genuine and cool people in the organisation end up leaving ASAP.

- You have no say in where your career is headed. You're pretty much put on projects to fill voids. If there is a vacancy they will put you on it regardless of skills (or lack of).

- Overall employee sentiment. I was on a particularly large client where the employees were so dissatisfied that the Senior staff decided to have weekly Friday night drinks paid for by the client to try and boost morale. Only about 1/3rd of the Accenture guys would actually turn up to these. People were so sick of the working conditions they wouldn't even turn up for free alcohol and food. The few bitter and fake pretending to be friendly people that did turn up would sit there and complain about work, the client, Accenture etc. I got sick of it after attending two, so I stopped going too. The few genuine and friendly people obviously never turned up.

Really need to reconsider how you treat your staff. It's not enough to say "Hey you work in consulting, so duh the hours are going to be long what did you expect".

Work life balance should be better promoted. It's not enough to just brag about how you promote work life balance. What are you actually doing to promote it? Where is a flexi-time initiative? How can we get recognition for the work we do when we're forced and bullied to write 7.5 hours on time sheets Monday-Friday regardless of overtime or work on weekends?

Rather than telling people to learn to swim or drown, why not put more effort into actually providing staff the correct training for their work?

I doubt clients would ever take Accenture on board if it wasn't for the crazy promises we make and the low prices we charge. By putting more people on projects to lower the workload and hours, it pretty much means Accenture is not profitable or the client simply won't take us on board. Accenture needs to earn respect and really establish itself as worth the extra money and expertise and not just simple cheap labour that can work 15 hours a day with no repercussions.

Another way to help lower the working hours is to train management more effectively. Many Managers and above that I have dealt with are indecisive and lack the basic skills required for leadership. This results in many mistakes and rework as a result.

Don't walk the talk

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Access to a lot of on-line training

Cons

Focused on billable hours at the expense of delivering true value for customers

Consider reviewing the consulting model to reflect emerging technologies. Customers expect lower costs as a result of advances in digital area.

Good learning curve, but bad leadership and career opportunities

Current Employee - Management Consulting Consultant  in  Melbourne
    Current Employee - Management Consulting Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learning curve, exposure, prestige of working in a multi-national company

Cons

Career development. leadership and management not as forward thinking as other consultancy companies

Please improve on innovation and sincerely developing your employees' career opportunities

Truly global

Current Employee - Manager  in  Melbourne
    Current Employee - Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people
    Interesting work
    International training
    Promotions are based on merit and easy to move up especially from analyst to manager

Cons

Work/life balance is not great
    Large company and can sometimes feel like a 'resource'

Seems to vary from individual to individual and also by country/region

Good and bad

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

compensation package for employees is fine (not great).

Cons

C level white elephants should be thrown out which are popular for their shoddy work of not getting there job right (i.e. getting new projects)

Senior management should held responsible for not getting projects (they should be fired rather than people at lower levels). As C level folks couldn't win projects, their effects are seen by employees of subsequent levels (Sr. Mgr, Mgr, Cons, Analysts) who were asked to leave.

The only way is the way you are

Former Employee - IT Support Analyst  in  Canberra
    Former Employee - IT Support Analyst in Canberra

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some really great people, huge database of online learning and skills packages, lots of work experience

Cons

required to work 8 hours due to contract Accenture had with the client, but only paid to work the regular 7.5, very difficult to move up, services workforce was very irritating when given consulting work as no access to office space or laptop or much assistance.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!