Accenture

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

(2,750 ratings)

7,176 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work Life balance, Easy to commute as good connectivity of shuttles across the city"
    in 431 reviews
  • "Good work culture, Vast training programmes, inter -technology & domain shifting"
    in 415 reviews
Cons:
  • "Don't respect work life balance or personal commitments unless you have kids"
    in 850 reviews
  • "No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors"
    in 143 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Consultant

Systems Integration Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAwesome work atmosphere
Good opportunities for career growth

ConsNone that i can identify

Always learning

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat, friendly and down-to-earth people who come across as genuine compared to other firms that I've worked with/interviewed. Opportunity to specialise in an industry, opportunity for overseas training, projects are often demanding/interesting and varied but you learn a lot in a short space of time. Salary is above market. Management supports your aspirations and learning goals.

ConsThe projects you are assigned to may not always align with your interests

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior managers/MDs should sell more work aligned to employee's allocated group

Great learning opportunities with chance for specialisation

Strategy Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWell treated within Accenture, well respected, opportunity to be involved in a variety of interesting, unique projects - never stopped learning

ConsDue to the large size of the firm, may not always get the projects you are after

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue selling more strategy work

Good company but need to take care on your own

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsAccenture have many standard practices which will cater to the needs of agile, waterfall,ADL etc., kind of methods and it has also developed its own standard practices which helps the employee to execute his or her duties in a way which will create win win situation for the client..

ConsAccenture has got so many official formalities like training and other initiatives which will keep you distorted however this is not an hindrance you just have to manage, Salary is standard across posts so this is not something which we can influence..Tasks are going to be challenging and it will need your good discretion to treat priority and non Priority so to meet all the clients expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should send the clear communication forehand of the client expectations since the subordinates are not aware even the slightest perceptions which is getting built on oneself..

Good learning opportunities in a sink or swim environment

Management Consulting Manager (Current Employee)
Sydney

I have been working at Accenture full-time for less than a year

ProsReputation - having Accenture on your CV is globally beneficial
Opportunity to learn - unlimited opportunities to learn from client work and from your colleagues
Exposure to best practice methods

ConsPerformance management is a flawed process, the noisiest folk tend to get the higher ratings and the promotions
Work life balance is not good - learning to say no is respected and necessary

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to walk to walk the walk when it comes to living the culture, in particular respecting the individual.

Experienced Hires are Leaving Accenture

Technology Consulting Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- Mature processes in delivering projects and resources to clients.

- Lots of professional development possibilities especially while on bench.

- Learned some wisdom whilst in Accenture School (i.e. St. Charles, Heathrow, KL).

- Internally it has great library of knowledge base & assets.

- Militaristic command hierarchy.

Cons- Militaristic command hierarchy

- Some training sessions includes brainwashing and indoctrination.

- 85% of our new experienced hire orientation class have left Accenture within 2 years (which indicates a very peculiar staff hiring and retention strategy)

- Career progression is designed to benefit "Accenture Babies" (i.e. employees who's been with the firm since fresh grads).

- Strange and unique "culture" (see bigtimeconsulting.org to understand culture).

- In order to gain rapport or possibly a promotion, the culture demands unwavering loyalty to your superiors and a lot of time & perseverance at work (whilst not necessarily being productive).

- In IT client projects the majority of work are brainless, and these generally fall under two categories: 1.) data collection, and 2.) chasing people for task completion. Accenture can only sell low-skilled workforce & roles to clients who doesn't want to do themselves such as Testers, PM (Project Officers really), and Architects (not really Architects, as they typically love to copy-paste client designs).

Advice to Senior ManagementTo Senior Management:

I have no right to say whether what you do collectively as Accenture Leadership is right or wrong, Accenture has been a very successful firm in creating jobs and increasing revenues in the past. However, I do believe that soon there will be a game-changer that can challenge this Accenture "way of life".

To Experienced Professionals:

Stay away from Accenture unless you're absolutely sure that you can use it as a stepping stone and can fit to their culture (see bigtimeconsulting.org to understand culture). Otherwise, be prepared for lots of frustrations and humiliations.

Not the worst yet not great either. This is for Acc. Philippines

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture

ProsBrand name, overseas travel (if your a hot girl or well connected)

ConsIf you are "Technical" you have no future here.. This was also adviced to us in one orientation. Fresh grads can beat you in getting certified as leakage is distributed internaly. Imagine a batch of sharepoint or .net 4 certified freshgrads with 2 months experience uaing it who gets 1000/1000 on exam... Perception management is key and rude leaders that talk out loud and berate people run the organization. This is the case of Accenture Phillipine Delivery Center. Also I just noticed people who go up or go for global deployments are usualy hot girls :)

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck the background of the people you put on top. The PDC is a training ground with high attrition risk and it is due to the bad management in place. Any smart and honest person will have no future here and would likely leave.

Lots of opportunities, and lots of hard work

Management Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAccenture gives you lots of opportunities, including interesting work, travel and you'll become an expert at something very quickly.

ConsWelll....the opportunities don't come immediately and they aren't offered to everyone. If you work hard and ask, they're available, but nobody ever will just come up and offer it to you. Also, you'll be an expert, but often people don't plan their careers are are forced it roles they don't want. Again, you can plan around this, but if you want a company where you can coast, Accenture is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat company. My major concern would be to better manage expectations of new joiners. Not everyone will get promoted in a year, not everyone will work overseas. I think HR and management seem to create an attitude that everyone at Accenture will get these things, when in reality they only go to people that perform and push for them

Hard work but challenging and exciting projects and great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Accenture

ProsSmart people, great training, mobility and variety of projects

ConsHard work, long hours, work-life balance not great

Excellent consulting company with a great potential to learn consulting.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Accenture full-time for more than a year

ProsThis is a great place to work if you love travelling as a part of your work, which I do. I am lucky enough to travel.

ConsNeed to be a bit careful to maintain a good work life balance if travelling is too regular as it gets hectic sometimes. But no complains with the work culture and core values.

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme. All 7,176 reviews are posted anonymously by Accenture employees.