Accenture

3.6 7,987 reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme

Pierre Nanterme

(3,149 ratings)

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 488 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 456 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 971 reviews)

• No work-life balance for consultants trying to make it up the ranks to Managing Directors (in 161 reviews)

More Highlights
7,987 Employee Reviews

Fantastic organisation

Managing Director (Current Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity for fast progression, abundance of talent, deep industry and solution skills. Quality approach to diversity and recognising value of teams.

ConsSignificant travel requirement can be challenging depending on life stage. Good progress in flexible working options and opportunity to transition roles when appropriate for work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't become IBM. Increasing tendancy to want to manage by spreadsheets and divide sales and delivery leadership. This is the differentiator, don't lose it.

Exceptionally talented people who work hard

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsI loved working with smart, hard working individuals to move mountains

ConsA lot of travel which is great when you are young, but not so great when you have children

Advice to Senior ManagementExplore how you can utilize 'Mums" in remote positions :-)

Work hard surrounded by the best people.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsWork hard/Play hard mentality. Genuine shared goals and everyone works hard.

ConsFosters a competitive culture, mixed quality amongst senior leaders

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A big company which worth to have an experience

Systems Integration Consultant (Former Employee) Melbourne

ProsBig company, working with all the young telanted people, lots of different projects and technologies

Conschallanging not the job itself, but the way to deal with people and management

Advice to Senior ManagementShould really base on workload and performance to consider a person who could be promoted, not based on how well socialize and networking

Positive Accenture review

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent people, great global network, interesting career opportunities, ethical employer

ConsLong hours and out of town assignments (no different to other consulting companies)

You make your own way

ProsThe analyst group you start with will be your good friends. Lots of company perks here and there. Though I would sacrifice for higher base salary. Long term prospects are very high if you can stick it out.

ConsQuite a low starting salary compared to IT grads in other technology firms.
    Not all managers are the same. You may not get the travel opportunities they sell you during interview process.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive something more to the bottom end. Make sure all the lower end is covered, not just some. Try to avoid favoritism among teams

Accenture pays much less than market salary.

Prostraining opportunities, travel and workforce!

Consunderpaid, all depends on luck and projects one get.

Excellent learning experience, Great work environment.

Senior SAP Consultant (Former Employee) Melbourne

ProsInteresting work, High standards for performance

ConsPolitical and Rigid in its management styles. Not many options for choosing career paths.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive to the company values all the time and Respect your people.

Really Great and happy to be a part of it

ProsVisibility in the processes and learning new things..

ConsVery Aggressive at times and compensations are not competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementNonen

Consultant

Consultant (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsGreat challenges, experienced people with good opportunities for client exposure. The roles and type of work varies greatly even if you are in the same team.

ConsCould contain some long hours. You will have to stay committed to achieve your goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't commit to unreasonable targets just for the sake of making sales. There are usually new members in the team that is still learning

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!