Accenture

9,416 Reviews

Accenture CEO Pierre Nanterme
Pierre Nanterme
3,819 Ratings

Pros
  • 55k range but the work/life balance is not worth the price in my opinion (in 609 reviews)

• Good work culture generally but depends on the project u are working for (in 543 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance despite being a tag line of many internal inititatives is a joke (in 1194 reviews)

• Managers repeatedly ask you to stretch---I told you no WORK-LIFE balance:-( (in 192 reviews)

More Highlights

Experienced Hires are Leaving Accenture

Former Employee - Technology Consulting Manager in Sydney
    Former Employee - Technology Consulting Manager in Sydney

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Mature processes in delivering projects and resources to clients.

- Lots of professional development possibilities especially while on bench.

- Learned some wisdom whilst in Accenture School (i.e. St. Charles, Heathrow, KL).

- Internally it has great library of knowledge base & assets.

- Militaristic command hierarchy.

Cons

- Militaristic command hierarchy

- Some training sessions includes brainwashing and indoctrination.

- 85% of our new experienced hire orientation class have left Accenture within 2 years (which indicates a very peculiar staff hiring and retention strategy)

- Career progression is designed to benefit "Accenture Babies" (i.e. employees who's been with the firm since fresh grads).

- Strange and unique "culture" (see bigtimeconsulting.org to understand culture).

- In order to gain rapport or possibly a promotion, the culture demands unwavering loyalty to your superiors and a lot of time & perseverance at work (whilst not necessarily being productive).

- In IT client projects the majority of work are brainless, and these generally fall under two categories: 1.) data collection, and 2.) chasing people for task completion. Accenture can only sell low-skilled workforce & roles to clients who doesn't want to do themselves such as Testers, PM (Project Officers really), and Architects (not really Architects, as they typically love to copy-paste client designs).

To Senior Management:

I have no right to say whether what you do collectively as Accenture Leadership is right or wrong, Accenture has been a very successful firm in creating jobs and increasing revenues in the past. However, I do believe that soon there will be a game-changer that can challenge this Accenture "way of life".

To Experienced Professionals:

Stay away from Accenture unless you're absolutely sure that you can use it as a stepping stone and can fit to their culture (see bigtimeconsulting.org to understand culture). Otherwise, be prepared for lots of frustrations and humiliations.

Not the worst yet not great either. This is for Acc. Philippines

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Brand name, overseas travel (if your a hot girl or well connected)

Cons

If you are "Technical" you have no future here.. This was also adviced to us in one orientation. Fresh grads can beat you in getting certified as leakage is distributed internaly. Imagine a batch of sharepoint or .net 4 certified freshgrads with 2 months experience uaing it who gets 1000/1000 on exam... Perception management is key and rude leaders that talk out loud and berate people run the organization. This is the case of Accenture Phillipine Delivery Center. Also I just noticed people who go up or go for global deployments are usualy hot girls :)

Check the background of the people you put on top. The PDC is a training ground with high attrition risk and it is due to the bad management in place. Any smart and honest person will have no future here and would likely leave.

Lots of opportunities, and lots of hard work

Former Employee - Management Consultant in Sydney
    Former Employee - Management Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Accenture gives you lots of opportunities, including interesting work, travel and you'll become an expert at something very quickly.

Cons

Welll....the opportunities don't come immediately and they aren't offered to everyone. If you work hard and ask, they're available, but nobody ever will just come up and offer it to you. Also, you'll be an expert, but often people don't plan their careers are are forced it roles they don't want. Again, you can plan around this, but if you want a company where you can coast, Accenture is not for you.

Great company. My major concern would be to better manage expectations of new joiners. Not everyone will get promoted in a year, not everyone will work overseas. I think HR and management seem to create an attitude that everyone at Accenture will get these things, when in reality they only go to people that perform and push for them

Hard work but challenging and exciting projects and great people

I worked at Accenture

Pros

Smart people, great training, mobility and variety of projects

Cons

Hard work, long hours, work-life balance not great

Excellent consulting company with a great potential to learn consulting.

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Sydney
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Sydney

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a great place to work if you love travelling as a part of your work, which I do. I am lucky enough to travel.

Cons

Need to be a bit careful to maintain a good work life balance if travelling is too regular as it gets hectic sometimes. But no complains with the work culture and core values.

Understand personal goals

Current Employee - Systems Integration Consultant
    Current Employee - Systems Integration Consultant

I have been working at Accenture full-time

Pros

Great people, career progression opportunities, diverse project and industry opportunities, overseas training options, networking events, career counseling setup, travel for work (if that is what you want to do)

Cons

Depending on project or client, can be long working hours, large focus on selling work (even whilst working on the project itself, at client site), politics (with clients and internally), Accenture is expensive so clients usually bring us in when there are big or difficult problems/working environments.

Stretch targets may not be achievable in current financial environment.

REALLY Bad people

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company is ok - no problem - again - the company is an inanimate object.
    You can join the company but definitely avoid the people...

Cons

Most people are really crap.
    Freshers are treated like crap (NEVER join this company as anyone below a manager level)
    Great emphasis is paid towards oiling peoples butts rather than real performance
    Avoid the people - they are really bad and worst examples of creation.
    People are highly egoistic and they think they are the best in this world
    The culture at Accenture is more of a show off and who is who...not what you are as a person and what you are really contributing to the firm.
    Very strange culture, they secretly judge you and stab you in the back - they talk a lot
    There are many MD's at 30 - 32 and they know nothing in life and have no knowledge of life - so these cannot be good people to work with....
    People - Sincere Advise - Please look towards joining another company - or create your own...

The company pays more attention to street smart people - people who talk well rather then do their work well. I have found many examples of flaws in work but they are promoted because they are good at smart talk - Remember its the egoistic and inefficient people who are at the top and people who think they are really smart but they are not - in reality they are boot lickers, if they were smart they would create their own firm - which I have done...

Consultant

Former Employee - Consultant in Sydney
    Former Employee - Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Accenture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice salary, great training and growth opportunities. Great people. I loved being able to travel and meet different people around the world.

Cons

Sometimes need to work in small spaces at the clients' sites. When you are on projects, you wouldn't be able to enjoy all the nice things about Accenture's offices.

Great career, good opportunities

I have been working at Accenture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Global firm with global opportunities

Cons

Lack of transparency for Salary Levels

Graduate position

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sydney
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sydney

I have been working at Accenture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Really nice team environment, challenging but interesting process,

Cons

Limited feedback provided after the process.

The accenture adventure is great, by far the most interesting interview process I have been through.