Accountemps

www.accountemps.com

Accountemps Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Accountemps Chairman and CEO Max Messmer Jr.

Max Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • They offer online training to aid in experiencing new software(in 7 reviews)

• Great for entry-level to low-specialized employees(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Secondly, No benefits, no insurance, no contract(in 7 reviews)

• They heavily undercut you, using the line "Its Temp to Hire"(in 4 reviews)

Not flexible

Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) Fishers, IN (US)

ProsOffice was in a convenient location.

ConsThey were flexible and called with very little notice. Had to keep calling to get them to call with job opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with applicant more closely.

Great possibility for Work

Office Clerk (Current Employee) Irvine, CA (US)

ProsThe staff works hard to find you jobs and is constantly checking in on you.

ConsThe jobs sometimes come during random hours or busy times.

I always had an assignment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation was great for entry-level.

ConsCompensation reached a ceiling after I worked there for many years.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Need to Work

Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) Rochester Hills, MI (US)

ProsIf your coordinator is a hard worker you will get assignments.

ConsIf your coordinator is not a hard worker you will not get good assignments.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more mature people. We have experience and knowledge.

Excellent Exposure During Career Transition

ProsAbility to work several jobs to identify strengths and weaknesses directly thru diverse placements

ConsIt's really personal. The recruiters will snub you even if you are best fit for a job.

Good exposure if you have flexibility

Financial Analyst II (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsFor the purpose of working now and gaining exposure without the commitment.

ConsRude, disorganized recruiters. I vowed I would never contact Accountemps or Robert Half but the company was a large oil and gas company here in Houston so I agreed to it. They also paid me 25/hr (though I know they are billing for double that amount). You know, I don't mind that Robert Half needs to make money too but really... over $50 an hour and I get less than half of that? There's something wrong there.

Advice to Senior ManagementSmaller recruiting firms (won't name them but we could say at least one is woman owned and offered me $30/hr) tend to treat candidates better. I understand you are working for your client company but your recruiters all need to be professional if they want to be taken seriously. If an RHI recruiter calls me and they are rude or disorganized, I politely decline working with them because they will most likely not understand enough about the position they are trying to fill, making your life harder.

Surprisely, it's not what you think - I got the best job I've ever had through Accountemps!

Staff Accountant (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

ProsI met with Accountemps team on a Monday afternoon to discuss what i'm open to and prefer to have in my next job. Never having worked "temp" before I thought this meeting would be a waste of time. However, i received a call Tuesday afternoon from Accountemps with a job that sounded like the job i had described i was seeking - a Staff Accountant role with growth potential, only 10 miles from my house, and the pay was exactly where i had been in my last job BUT had a $5K-$10K annual pay increase once the "temp-to-hire" period was over. I started the job with them Wednesday morning, and within a 2 months this became the best place I've ever work!!

ConsI had to start working at the company without actually meeting anyone from the company itself. It was basically me having to trust the details and, environment and job description of what the Accountemps Staffing Manager was giving me which made me hesitant, but I was fully able to research the company and drove by it the night before too. Although i was uncertain, I'm glad i did it!!

Bait & Switch

Collections A/R (Former Employee)

ProsThe office was close to home.

ConsThe Woodlands TX office offered me a job in writing with specific pay amount and in the eleventh hour Accounttemps advised the pay now two dollars lower.
    In addition their overall internal and external communications are horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house and stand by your offers.

Accountemps was the best thing I did for my Accounting career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Reno, NV (US)

ProsI thought that working for a temp agency would be a bad idea, based on what others had told me. It's true though that none of them had ever worked for an outfit like Accountemps or RobertHalf. However I really enjoyed working for Accountemps and was exposed to a number of different jobs and positions. I always felt like they had my best interests in mind.

ConsThe biggest drawback for me was that in order to get benefits you have to stay with them for a long time. Compensation was average. If you want upward-mobility, you'll have to look at other jobs that Accountemps offers, as most jobs are contracted for a specific time-period or for a specific role only.

Low salaries and recruiters can care less

Staff Accountant (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsThey did get me one short term temp assignment

ConsAfter the one horrible assignment and low pay I have not received another assignment

Advice to Senior ManagementStop grooming your recruiters to be liars

Worked for Accountemps? Contribute to the Community!