Adobe

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.8 1,015 reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen

Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance(in 133 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones(in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance; the pressure comes from the top and it's hard to resist giving in(in 23 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels(in 37 reviews)

1,015 Employee Reviews

Not the best company for everyone.

Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsSmart, fun people overall. Challenging work.

ConsSome product paths are not well defined and always changing. The manager seemed to take on way too much project workload causing them to experiment way too often with the team makeup and responsibilities. Made a lead developer the QE manager, causing a clear conflict of interest and direction in test quality and results.

Great people, no career advancement opportunities

Finance (Current Employee) San Justo, Tierra del Fuego, Antarctica, (Argentina)

ProsGreat people, passionate about the company, good salary

Consvery few internal career andvancement opportunites. They'll hire externally before promoting qualified, internal employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within! You'll build longer relationships with your employees and motivate them to do more better

Short sighted sales management

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsDecent pay, good benefits, company perks (although if you are remote you'll see less of that).

ConsTop management and especially sales management is way to short sighted on the quarterly numbers. They know nothing about the products and don't care about building long term business or what is the right thing to do or what is good for the customer. Everything is dictated by the stock market.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart focusing on the long term goals and serving the customers. Hire new or if possible refocus existing middle management to be much more strategic in their leadership, instead of only being spreadsheet managers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible executive management and directors

Manager In Engineering (Former Employee)

ProsGood solid legacy products.
    Good Residual work environment remaining from when previous CEO Bruce C. or founders were involved.

ConsJobs are being migrated overseas so senior managers and directors can get fat bonuses and commissions from recruiting companies overseas.
    New discounts on employee software suck.
    Lack of long-term strategic direction - lost and floundering badly. Company has no fixed direction -a new direction every 12 -15 months.
    Capable folks are leaving or have left in drove - cronies left behind.
    Nepotism is now the rule for promotion.
    Lots of BS propaganda by management sycophants about the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Board - fire the current CEO and GM's of both the BU's -- bring in some people who are genuine and capable - not some folks who only pander to their whims and egos.

Bring back John Warnock, Chuck Geshke, Bruce Chizen and/or Kevin Lynch to fix Adobe or it will be too late.

Great benefits and pay, but exceedingly bureaucratic

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsVery employee friendly, good comp.
    Smart people

ConsHard to break through the matrix. Bureaucracy means things move (too) slow
    Career advancement is limited, so accept it and find your place

Great work-life balance and creative people

Marketing (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros- very green/eco-friendly company
    - awesome benefits
    - great building in SF
    - great culture in SF office - creative, energetic
    - easy to work remotely with all the great Adobe software and infrastructure in place
    - lots of opportunities for training

Cons- too many middle managers
    - huge void between worker-bees and upper management
    - not a lot of room to progress into sr. roles
    - executives are inaccessible and out of touch with employees
    - too many re-orgs

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the people who support your business - visit with individuals teams and get a sense of their challenges and success... Give high-performers a voice and a reason to stay.

Great career development opportunity

Talent Selection Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSmart and passionate colleagues; ability to have an impact in the business; feeling valued as an employee; opportunities to grow and develop oneself

Conswork-life balance; the pressure comes from the top and it's hard to resist giving in

Great Company to work for thanks to Brand, Technology & Colleagues

Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsBrand - Technology - colleagues

ConsVery US centric - Not enough internal career opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower the Regions

Tech company with perks

Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsLots of perks, high tech culture, great brand to work for. Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones.

ConsI survived several rounds of layoffs over the coarse of three years I was there and ended up quitting because i found a job with more career advancement. It's not typical for employees to get promoted, though employees often get moved around during re-org. I've seen several hard working individuals get laid off over the years, I believe though they all received equitable severance deals. Culture here is all about doing more with less, which means you will be working hard here. Exempt employees get pushed very hard and do not get paid their unused pro when they leave which I wish I knew in my last two weeks. Expect to work with passionate people who don't mind working late or on weekends

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be greedy. Listen to the voice of your customers.

Amazing company,yet could be better

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Noida (India)

Pros- good salary
    -highly intelligent people
    -brand value

Cons-there can be high work pressure at times
    -salary growth is low compared to other companies

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!