Adobe Reviews

3.9
1,091 Reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 148 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 89 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has also steadily deteriorated over the past few years (in 25 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Good

I worked at Adobe

Pros

Good services, tools and system

Cons

Good but services could be better

Fantastic company to work for, great culture.

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Lots of benefits, strong company value & strategic direction

Cons

Sales driven organisation, post sales support for customers.

great company to establish and grow your career

Former Employee - Marketing in Sydney
    Former Employee - Marketing in Sydney

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

attrition rate well below average. the company made an effort to keep a good culture around and keep people happy

Cons

not the highest paying job. if you're after more money u might have to leave but you want a great company culture its best to stay here

keep doing what you're doing

So much potential - it is at the tipping point.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brilliant, brilliant technology.
    Fanatical brand association.
    Awesome (though young) team.
    Can succeed just because of the above.

Cons

Could not execute in the enterprise market, is still constrained by the legacy of the desktop go to market model and BU structure.
    Country manager does not own whole business or P&L across BU's and functions.
    Needs to grow up fast.

"Enterprise" is not just a word, it's a structure, a style of business, a resource model. You can choose to go one way or the other now - don't waste the potential of what might be.

excellent

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Sydney
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

innovative, fair, genuine, smart people, great products

Cons

slow, US centric, indecisive, unfair

Rewarding and enriching Summer 2014 Internship at Adobe, Ottawa

Former Employee - Business Solutions Analyst in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Business Solutions Analyst in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at Adobe as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible working hours, Incentives to employees and learning opportunity in SAP domain. Infrastructure is pretty descent and work life balance is awesome through various development programs

Cons

Complex business architecture and lack of professional training programs

Work place environment

Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work life balance! Happy hour once a month helps with team bonding. Besides happy hour, Adobe also community service events in which you can sign up with your team. What I love about Adobe is actually the 2 shutdown periods where Adobe closes down for a week during July 4th and Christmas.

Cons

Adobe has an open policy about PTO for salary employees. Basically, if you need time off, you just speak with your manager. However, because there is no PTO accrual basis, most people on my team take only 1 week off at a time. Meaning, if you wanted to travel somewhere far and take 2 weeks, that can be a stretch and may present difficulty in getting approval from management.

Fantastic work environment and products, but customer focus sometimes falters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Adobe provides you with the chance to work with well-known, technologically advanced products at a company that, for the most part, truly cares about its employees. You get to work with some very smart and creative people, and the same can be said for many of the customers. Though things may not always be perfect (what is?), it's clear that upper management actively thinks about how decisions affect employees, and continually aims to create a positive work environment with good benefits. It's generally a very open and honest company culture.

Cons

Though the company pays lip service to being customer-focused, and many individual contributors do sweat the details for customers, when push comes to shove customer satisfaction often loses out to short-term profits. That can be frustrating when you're trying to do the right thing. As for work environment, one historical problem with Adobe is that decision-making has generally been very consensus-oriented, which can slow things down. That may be getting better, however. As with any large company, culture and issues will vary a bit based on what department you're in. Some are more political than others, for example, though, in general, Adobe seems less political than most companies of the same size.

Adobe is a fantastic employer that does a lot of great work but also really cares about their employers.

Former Employee - Field Enablement in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Field Enablement in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Adobe as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits are amazing. As an intern, I got access to full benefits (minus health/dental), such as free Creative Cloud subscription, fitness dollars, corporate discounts etc. They also really emphasize work-life balance (of course, being a tech company). One day, my team and I took the day off to go do community service at a nearby food/clothing bank for the homeless. Another day, we decided to just do lunch/manicures/pedicures (I'm a dude, and it was a BLAST).

Another thing I love about Adobe is that I don't really have any moral qualms about what they do or how their products are produced. They treat all their employees very well, and I respect that.

Cons

Probably the biggest thing is just red tape. The company is very large so access to senior employees can be difficult, but it's still not impossible if you're have any significant issues.

I really don't have any advice. They do a fantastic job.

A great place to work.

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work/life balance is strong, and needing that balance is expected by Adobe. Professional, competitive environment, yet very friendly, open and nurturing. Adobe is excellent in the areas in which they compete. Great brand recognition. Adobe really appreciates their employees. If employees have thoughts to share, management listens. Great innovation program.

Cons

No clear programs for advancement. Career path is entirely self-made. Products need better pricing options. The HQ building doesn't reflect the true creativity of the company. Other offices such as that in San Francisco and Lehi reflect the creative culture more.

Need better career path development. Lateral mobility seems to be more common than upward mobility. Most employees don't know how to use Adobe products, even those that are most common such as Acrobat.