Adobe Reviews

3.9
1,060 Reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 133 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance; the pressure comes from the top and it's hard to resist giving in (in 23 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic company to work for, great culture.

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Lots of benefits, strong company value & strategic direction

Cons

Sales driven organisation, post sales support for customers.

great company to establish and grow your career

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Sydney
    Former Employee - Marketing in Sydney

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

attrition rate well below average. the company made an effort to keep a good culture around and keep people happy

Cons

not the highest paying job. if you're after more money u might have to leave but you want a great company culture its best to stay here

keep doing what you're doing

So much potential - it is at the tipping point.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brilliant, brilliant technology.
    Fanatical brand association.
    Awesome (though young) team.
    Can succeed just because of the above.

Cons

Could not execute in the enterprise market, is still constrained by the legacy of the desktop go to market model and BU structure.
    Country manager does not own whole business or P&L across BU's and functions.
    Needs to grow up fast.

"Enterprise" is not just a word, it's a structure, a style of business, a resource model. You can choose to go one way or the other now - don't waste the potential of what might be.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

excellent

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Sydney
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

innovative, fair, genuine, smart people, great products

Cons

slow, US centric, indecisive, unfair

Everything is great, with exception of November, and a few bad apples

I worked at Adobe full-time

Pros

--Cool products
    --Cool customers
    --Upbeat environment - high morale, positive energy
    --People are (mostly) very nice, collegial, interesting, fun - and capable. Genuine experts in their respective areas.
    --Management is pivoting the company quickly, and successfully
    --Great office space
    --Pay and benefits are very good
    --There are no loafers at Adobe - everyone works hard. Employee engagement in their jobs and the company is very high

Cons

--November = layoff season. Creates a lot of stress
    --Analysis paralysis around (some) decision making. Burden of analytical proof for any decision is almost impossibly high. Bring data or stay home; expect to have every number picked at with a fine tooth comb. Can lead to painfully long meetings and long hours.
    --In a few areas - not many - some very aggressive people. Some level of being able to fall back on tenure as a justification for treating others poorly.

Everything is working great; but try to find a way to make November a happier time. Also, make "respect for the individual" true - tenure allows some to get away with workplace bullying. While analytic rigor is good, need to move the debate focus from numbers to ideas.

Adobe's a fantastic place to intern

Former Employee - Global Marketing BU  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Global Marketing BU in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Adobe as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Pretty much everyone I met at Adobe was genuine, passionate and helpful. The company culture really thrives on its core values, which is what makes it so amazing. The recruiting team has been working on making its intern program more structured and expansive as well, so I'm very hopeful about its future growth.

Also, I got to work on some amazing projects this summer! Lots of events and a variety of things generally going on throughout the company.. keep track of them. No words could describe how incredible my manager/team were.

Cons

I know that some interns felt underworked, while others felt a huge push and pressure at the end of the internship rather than a balance throughout. it was also slightly awkward when another intern in the same general department told me what she was getting paid (hint, it was more).

Keep on being transparent with the employees and interns. We all really enjoyed the lunchtime talks, brunches, etc. It was great to hear about your experiences and learn about the company's general direction.

Employees stay a long time

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

flexible work environment, good location, great office space

Cons

everyone's opinion gets taken into account...too much so

make decisions that you stick to. don't be swayed by the popular vote.

Great place to work

I worked at Adobe

Pros

great management, benefits and product team. Culture was awesome and I really enjoyed working with the team.

Cons

omniture integration could have been better

Amazing company

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Lehi, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Lehi, UT (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Challenging, yet laid back work environment. It depends on your manager, but in my team you are truly evaluated on whether you get your job done, and not on how many hours you spend in the office
    - Awesome products, amazing brand reputation, lots of growth opportunities
    - Work with sharp, bright people (recruiting is very selective -- I had to work very hard to get hired)
    - Unlimited PTO -- there is not a cap on how much PTO your manager can give you
    - Full week of the 4th of July plus full week of Christmas and New Years are paid holidays
    - At least for Utah, pay is above what you will get at other tech companies
    - Great benefits, especially the employee stock purchasing program where you can buy Adobe's stock at a 15% discount
    - Here in Utah, the Adobe campus is incredible. I feel happy while I walk through the building

Cons

- Lots of bureaucracy when it comes to practically anything (your manager needs a gazilion authorizations for anything you want to do or get)
    - Bureaucracy especially ridiculous when it comes to HR
    - Hiring freeze which forces teams to hire temporary contractors, creating a sense of instability within the company. You never know if your coworkers will be here next year, not because they are not performing, but because they are "blue badges".

Keep living Adobe's values as you do. Keep innovating. Start hiring full-time employees instead of contractors.

Software Engineer

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Noida (India)

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance is awesome! Environment to work is awesome. Free lunch and dinner provided. Time to time trips and parties are organized to keep the mind fresh.

Cons

Growth is constant at Adobe. Also, devlopers are treated far better than testers in terms of salary. Bit of monotonous work for testers.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!