Adobe Reviews

3.9
1,085 Reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 146 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 89 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has also steadily deteriorated over the past few years (in 25 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Good

I worked at Adobe

Pros

Good services, tools and system

Cons

Good but services could be better

Fantastic company to work for, great culture.

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Lots of benefits, strong company value & strategic direction

Cons

Sales driven organisation, post sales support for customers.

great company to establish and grow your career

Former Employee - Marketing in Sydney
    Former Employee - Marketing in Sydney

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

attrition rate well below average. the company made an effort to keep a good culture around and keep people happy

Cons

not the highest paying job. if you're after more money u might have to leave but you want a great company culture its best to stay here

keep doing what you're doing

So much potential - it is at the tipping point.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Brilliant, brilliant technology.
    Fanatical brand association.
    Awesome (though young) team.
    Can succeed just because of the above.

Cons

Could not execute in the enterprise market, is still constrained by the legacy of the desktop go to market model and BU structure.
    Country manager does not own whole business or P&L across BU's and functions.
    Needs to grow up fast.

"Enterprise" is not just a word, it's a structure, a style of business, a resource model. You can choose to go one way or the other now - don't waste the potential of what might be.

excellent

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Sydney
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

innovative, fair, genuine, smart people, great products

Cons

slow, US centric, indecisive, unfair

Adobe is a fantastic employer that does a lot of great work but also really cares about their employers.

Former Employee - Field Enablement in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Field Enablement in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Adobe as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits are amazing. As an intern, I got access to full benefits (minus health/dental), such as free Creative Cloud subscription, fitness dollars, corporate discounts etc. They also really emphasize work-life balance (of course, being a tech company). One day, my team and I took the day off to go do community service at a nearby food/clothing bank for the homeless. Another day, we decided to just do lunch/manicures/pedicures (I'm a dude, and it was a BLAST).

Another thing I love about Adobe is that I don't really have any moral qualms about what they do or how their products are produced. They treat all their employees very well, and I respect that.

Cons

Probably the biggest thing is just red tape. The company is very large so access to senior employees can be difficult, but it's still not impossible if you're have any significant issues.

I really don't have any advice. They do a fantastic job.

A great place to work.

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work/life balance is strong, and needing that balance is expected by Adobe. Professional, competitive environment, yet very friendly, open and nurturing. Adobe is excellent in the areas in which they compete. Great brand recognition. Adobe really appreciates their employees. If employees have thoughts to share, management listens. Great innovation program.

Cons

No clear programs for advancement. Career path is entirely self-made. Products need better pricing options. The HQ building doesn't reflect the true creativity of the company. Other offices such as that in San Francisco and Lehi reflect the creative culture more.

Need better career path development. Lateral mobility seems to be more common than upward mobility. Most employees don't know how to use Adobe products, even those that are most common such as Acrobat.

Great people

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Great place to work because of the people you work with.
    You will have nice co-workers all over the places, all around the world.
    They have offices all around the world, and you get a chance to get know them.
    -Benefits are very good

Cons

-So many lay-offs.
    Almost every year, around October - December, there are some lay-offs around the world.

Great Company with Endless Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been with Adobe for just over 2 years and throughout that time my role has grown and developed dramatically.

The business gives you the chance to take ownership for large projects and gain exposure at a high level.

Amazing benefits package including not only health and dental cover, but also free cinema tickets and discounted spa weekends.

Flexible working

A strong leadership team with a focus on Adobe's future success

Cons

Somewhat disconnected from the US counterparts - not an issue though as strong management.

N/A

Fabulous company with lots of wonderful benefits with vacation and great workspace! Great location in San Jose.

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great time off schedule and the holiday shutdowns are very welcomed. Lots of opportunity for training and cross functional and lateral opportunities. Ability to work from home. Great location in San Jose because it is away from the crowds of Mountain View/Palo Alto traffic.

Cons

Too much red tape in organizations like IT. Silo teams and tough to grow career into the next phase. Profit sharing was taken away and the spot bonus incentives were becoming rare. Career titles advancement was not consistent as some people had inflated titles while others didn't.

Empower teams to take a larger role and encourage managers to be leaders to empower their teams. Bring teams back to a co-located place for better productivity.