Adobe

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.8 1,015 reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen

Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance(in 133 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones(in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance; the pressure comes from the top and it's hard to resist giving in(in 23 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels(in 37 reviews)

1,015 Employee Reviews

Fantastic company to work for, great culture.

ProsLots of benefits, strong company value & strategic direction

ConsSales driven organisation, post sales support for customers.

great company to establish and grow your career

Marketing (Former Employee) Sydney

Prosattrition rate well below average. the company made an effort to keep a good culture around and keep people happy

Consnot the highest paying job. if you're after more money u might have to leave but you want a great company culture its best to stay here

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you're doing

So much potential - it is at the tipping point.

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsBrilliant, brilliant technology.
    Fanatical brand association.
    Awesome (though young) team.
    Can succeed just because of the above.

ConsCould not execute in the enterprise market, is still constrained by the legacy of the desktop go to market model and BU structure.
    Country manager does not own whole business or P&L across BU's and functions.
    Needs to grow up fast.

Advice to Senior Management"Enterprise" is not just a word, it's a structure, a style of business, a resource model. You can choose to go one way or the other now - don't waste the potential of what might be.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

excellent

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Sydney

Prosinnovative, fair, genuine, smart people, great products

Consslow, US centric, indecisive, unfair

Great people, lots of fluff

Team Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) Lehi, UT (US)

ProsThe benefits are amazing, the people I worked with are even better. Stock plans are fantastic and there are a lot of fun little perks (cell phone plan, company parties, etc).

ConsLack of strong leadership leaves cross team coordination and vision much to be desired. In such a large organization it's critical to keep all products that are part of a "suite" aligned in vision. This lack of leadership left good projects abandoned or severely delayed and unnecessary duplicated efforts.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get aligned. You have amazing people at your disposal, put the pride down and work towards a unified agenda not a personal agenda.

Great camaraderie between team members and a great place to work

Technical Lead (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

Prosflexible hours, work life balance and very talented people around to learn from

ConsIf you do an awesome job it might go unnoticed unless you flaunt it!

Advice to Senior ManagementShould do more towards career growth of employees

Great place to work and great culture

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat perks, you can work in interesting technology and work with very good people. I really enjoyed my time at Adobe.

ConsLong release cycles back then.

Excellent Work/Life Balance

Devops Engineer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsBenefits are good:
    24 Days PTO, two week long holiday breaks (which don't count against PTO).
    Medical is solid.
    Stock grants are nice.
    Realistic work hours.
    Free parking and bus pass.
    Nice tuition re-imbursement.
    Career advancement is encouraged, training and career-focused learning are emphasized toward that end.

ConsDuplication of team functions in segregated silos. Valuable experience may be cordoned off.
    Bureaucratic processes may block projects, be aware that any new process encountered may take more time than expected.
    Territoriality of middle management, though not as pernicious as some Puget Sound area software companies, is present. Advise caution when proceeding with projects that cross manager boundaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused on outcomes: when a process isn't producing good results and capabilities, it's time to prune that process.

Good company

Director (Former Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsCollaborative culture, good compensation, work life balance

ConsMoves slow; unclear career path

Advice to Senior ManagementQuicker decision making; career path

Great company, odd internal structure.

Credit Analyst (Current Employee) Lehi, UT (US)

ProsAdobe provides an excellent work/life balance, opportunies for advancement (after a fashion) and a generally engaging and exciting corporate culture. I feel valued by my manager and director, and am very happy in my current role.

ConsFrequent sales reorganizations leave all departments flustered and scrambling to update internal contacts at least once a year. There is frequently little cooperation between departments, and there is a fierce sense of territoriality, especially among the employees that were part of the 2009 Omniture aquisition. See also: frequent layoffs.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!