Adobe Reviews

3.9
1,091 Reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 148 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 89 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has also steadily deteriorated over the past few years (in 25 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic journey, from startup to #1 player

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Paris (France)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Paris (France)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture, the people, the strengths, the projects, the challenges, the opportunities, the value proposition, top management implication and dedication, flexibility

Cons

Siloed org still, more processes adding extra overhead, too much PPT enablement, complex org arising from such a rich and diversified value proposition

Develop more cross-geo team spirit and network, ensure best practices are shared, sales team to work closer with product marketing, keep developing vertical GTM involving all functional teams placing customers front and center

Talks a lot about innovation, but is slow to move

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The closer you work to the big products, the more fun and creative the work environment is. The pay is pretty good, and the benefits are nice. I was given a lot of leeway by my manager to try and innovate, but the company is not built for broad sweeping changes.

Current management is brilliant. The overall shift the company has made in the last few years has been incredible. The company was not headed in the right direction for a long time and now things are looking very very well.

Cons

The San Jose office is depressing.the company is still taking a very long time to get serious about disrupting long-standing parts of the business. 30 years of legacy code means attachment issues, and a lot of work to do before real innovation can happen.

Keep up the good work. But if you could, take more chances on smaller projects. The Kickbox (disruptive innovation workshop/incubator) program needs more attention.

Amazing company

Current Employee - Analyst in Lehi, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Lehi, UT (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Challenging, yet laid back work environment. It depends on your manager, but in my team you are truly evaluated on whether you get your job done, and not on how many hours you spend in the office
    - Awesome products, amazing brand reputation, lots of growth opportunities
    - Work with sharp, bright people (recruiting is very selective -- I had to work very hard to get hired)
    - Unlimited PTO -- there is not a cap on how much PTO your manager can give you
    - Full week of the 4th of July plus full week of Christmas and New Years are paid holidays
    - At least for Utah, pay is above what you will get at other tech companies
    - Great benefits, especially the employee stock purchasing program where you can buy Adobe's stock at a 15% discount
    - Here in Utah, the Adobe campus is incredible. I feel happy while I walk through the building

Cons

- Lots of bureaucracy when it comes to practically anything (your manager needs a gazilion authorizations for anything you want to do or get)
    - Bureaucracy especially ridiculous when it comes to HR
    - Hiring freeze which forces teams to hire temporary contractors, creating a sense of instability within the company. You never know if your coworkers will be here next year, not because they are not performing, but because they are "blue badges".

Keep living Adobe's values as you do. Keep innovating. Start hiring full-time employees instead of contractors.

Great company to work with

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food, competitive remuneration and most important the Creative & knowledgeable people you work with is amazing.

Cons

Nothing for me, everything seems nice

Motivting

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balanace.. great vision and leadership.. they know where they want to go and how to reach there.

Cons

some management needs to be improved in the middle layer for better efficiency

Best company in the Silicon Valley!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I never imagined I would find a company like this. We work on interesting stuff all the time using the latest technology. Adobe takes very good care of their employees; they make sure you get want you want from training to benefits. I simply enjoy going to work, enjoy sharing my ideas with intelligent (and humble) people who are always ready to help. People are not jealous of each others, they are ready to help you improve if they have time. It is true that not all teams are like this but I would say the majority of the teams I have seen there. These are some of the cons:
    Great products to work on
    Use of latest technology
    Great benefits
    Creative and innovative people
    No micro management
    Flexible hours
    Cool people to work with/for
    Fun activities for employees

Cons

Some managers can ruin the whole work experience.

Filter some "bad" managers

Worth starting your career with

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Noida (India)

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of smart people work here so there is no shortage of talent and experience to learn from. You get to interact and work with all the stakeholders very closely.
    Adobe is great at taking care its employees. It provides great pay, good health plan , regular events keep everyone interested and there is a freedom to work in the way it pleases you.

Cons

With inclusion of a lot of new people, Adobe has lowered the standard of people they are hiring. The standard of discussions among the peers is reduced a great deal. Apart from this, there is a lot of stagnation in the older projects. If you are trapped in one of those, there is no scope of innovation or growth .

Kindly improve the standard of hiring, please focus on quality and not quantity

Great opportunities and learning

Former Employee - Program Manager in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Program Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good management, leadership, competitive salaries
    I liked the generous time-off policy, including the shutdown vacations.
    Yu may find many intellectual and innovative peers.

Cons

Can't think of too many cons. But definitely feel there is limited work-life balance. Work may spill over on weekends and weeknights occasionally.

Great place to work

I worked at Adobe

Pros

great management, benefits and product team. Culture was awesome and I really enjoyed working with the team.

Cons

omniture integration could have been better

Software Engineer

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Noida (India)

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance is awesome! Environment to work is awesome. Free lunch and dinner provided. Time to time trips and parties are organized to keep the mind fresh.

Cons

Growth is constant at Adobe. Also, devlopers are treated far better than testers in terms of salary. Bit of monotonous work for testers.