Adobe

4.0
1,149 Reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 149 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 90 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has also steadily deteriorated over the past few years (in 27 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Intern

I worked at Adobe

Pros

Great people good learning environment

Cons

I did not see any cons. It was wonderful internship.

Counsel, Adobe Legal

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Adobe Legal has gotten a lot better since the Dark Ages ended in 2012. Between 2002 and 2012, we had no leadership a the GC level (either from a management, intellect or talent perspective) and morale was low. The new GC is great and we're back to having a real team, so disregard the bad things that you've probably heard about working in the Legal Dept-- those stories were true pre-2012, but not now. Everyone is really smart and talented and pleasant to work with. The work is challenging and it makes the day go faster. The pay is good for in-house legal in SV.

Cons

No work life balance; trips to San Jose, if you work away from the headquarters, like me.

Keep on doing what you're doing. Keep hiring capable people and don't make any hiring mistakes like you did when you hired the previous GC. I thought about leaving for many years back in the bad days. Now, I love going to work and I'd recommend this place for any attorney having an interest and the resume to get it.

Good company to work in

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Salary bonus location food work interest

Cons

No neegative things to say

Computer Scientist

Current Employee - Computer Scientist in Bucharest (Romania)
    Current Employee - Computer Scientist in Bucharest (Romania)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people: smart, open minded, honest relations with the managers from Romania (and US), who are very close to the employees.
    The Adobe culture is very cool.

Cons

Some people in the campus want to have a bigger impact on those high profile products and services developed by Adobe.

Get ownership of high-profile products and services.

Great company

Former Employee - Web Developee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Web Developee in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Adobe

Pros

Great work life balance
    Ability to work remote whenever you want

Cons

Not a lot of cons that i could mention. Very positive experience overall

95% of the teams are great

Former Employee - Karnataka in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Karnataka in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work life Balance, Work from home, Free food, Stocks, Employee friendly management. Good pay (Only if you ask)

Cons

I reported to a manager who is the only wrong person to be there. Organization is excellent

Management is doing good

Excellent Company

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

We do what we say. People are mostly honest and genuine and like working here. I met my two best friends while working here and truly enjoy the people I work with. Adobe expects a lot but it feels worthwhile. This is a great place to build your career.

Cons

Salaries tend to lag, especially if you've been here for a while. There are little additional financial incentives for individual contributors. If you aren't in engineering, it's unlikely you'll get equity.

Great company and Excellent Benefits

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my time at Adobe. Adobe benefited greatly when it acquired some key companies not only from a technology perspective but mostly from the talent that came with it.

Cons

Adobe doesn't seem to be as nimble as it once was. Harder to do business on the inside. Leadership not innovative.

Employer of choice, or of necessity?

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

* Benefits & compensation are competitive
    * Site leaders plan events to make us feel included and part of one company
    * Intriguing mix of employees, via many acquisitions ... everyone from corporate folks to creative folks; it's a nice blend

Cons

* Lots of long-term employees can mean obduracy ... "This is how we do things here." Running a business unit via oligarchy is risky. Without fresh opinions, how can you know you're not seriously off track?
    * Little chance for promotion or mobility because of low attrition at the top
    * Senior-manager-heavy: we are having trouble hiring younger people, and some of our key talent isn't that far from retirement
    * PTO policy *sounds* great, but many managers discourage you from taking time off
    * Some truly abysmal people managers who have little experience running teams but who are given no motivation or resources to change their ways.
    * Everyone seems burned out most of the time. No one smiles any more. If you say 'good morning' in the hallway, people wince because they're afraid you're going to ask for something they don't have time to do.

Many employees seem to feel 'locked in' because of generous benefits, equity, and flexible working locations. What will you do when that isn't enough to hold them? Start creating serious succession plans, as well as a multi-year talent retention and acquisition plan. The next generation doesn't want to work for Adobe. Reverse that trend before it's too late.

Good working environment but big differences in benefits depending on location and BU.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice and comfortable working environment.

Cons

Big difference of benefits if you work in the US or the rest of the world.
    Employees are not treated the same way depending on their BU (regarding trainings, conference/events, running budgets).
    Manager are treated 10 times better than normal employees. You can feel a big difference. Much more rewards and recognition for managers than for employees who very often work harder!

If your employees work well, reward them! Don't think all the time about your stats and personal benefits and help your employees improve their skills and feel more than just money makers!