www.adobe.com

3.9
1,102 Reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 149 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 90 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has also steadily deteriorated over the past few years (in 27 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Smooth work life balance, much desired in the leadership and learning area

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Greater Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Greater Noida (India)

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay for most people, as Adobe strives to get best talent
    Relaxed working culture and it is entirely up to the individual if he wants to take on more
    Good brand and product, and that helps employees to get a edge in the jobs market after working here.
    Proud association as the company has done some path breaking things in the software market in the past years.

Cons

Lack of thought leaders as I have seen decisions being made on the fly and that leaves a lot unstructured and at risk
    Diplomatic management who will shy away from being candid about anything to do with your growth and career and tend to keep things grey at all times. There is a desire that they walk the talk...lot of gyan on being a employer of choice but when things get tough , I have been given the run around and flowery words with no action.
    People dependent to the extent that work may stop because someone key is on a vacation.

Would like to see a more capable leadership and stable decision makers with actual skills and not hit or miss approach.

Good company, not Great

I have been working at Adobe full-time

Pros

Most people get their own office
    Company shut down July 4th week and Christmas
    Pay and benefits are good
    Good people to work with
    Discounts on fun products
    Flexible hours depending on your manager

Cons

Cafeteria food is not good.
    Short turn around time for month end reporting and work late hours
    Current group there is not much career development
    Finance processes seem old and everything is on shared excel files and SAP

Not that great anymore

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Worked in Adobe for about 2 years, the pros are good pay, good food, not much work pressure and some good opportunity to learn different things.

Cons

extremely bad management. Old products are changed to provide new User Interface and sell them in market. Not fair review cycle. The presumption about certain people stays forever even if they are not performing.

Needs to judge people by their current performance not by past achievements. And please stop selling the old wine in new bottle by marketing strategy.

Sales Intern on Account Development Team

Former Employee - Account Development Manager
    Former Employee - Account Development Manager

I worked at Adobe as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I worked on the sales floor with the ADM team and it was a great experience overall. I learned how to use salesforce and my colleagues were very kind and helpful to help me pick up what was expected. I loved sales and this was a great opportunity to the digital marketing world for me.

Cons

There was NO actual sales training. Manager's seemed too heavily frazzled/focused on recruiting, hiring, and interviewing and even though they have an "open door" policy, you'd best learn not to ask questions about how you do your job...best figure that one out carefully, and quietly. After the internship there was NO feedback (which seems the point of a manager if you were one, right?) and it left a bitter taste. *Edit - having talked with several MBA interns and other interns, the HR is TERRIBLE. They extended offers in MARCH and when they asked why we didn't choose them, it seemed strange to them that their interns have accepted with other companies in November.

Tell me what things you liked, didn't like, what could be improved! Stop expecting greater and greater results without any actual training (no, going over #'s each week is NOT training, that's just expected and unsurprisingly ineffective). Provide legitimate channels of communication instead of pretending there are some.

Great company - target achivements under average

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Munich (Germany)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Munich (Germany)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company culture with very open minded colleagues. Top products with a good reputation.
    Top benefits for employees. Very positive atmosphere.

Cons

According my impression majority of sales reos do not achieve target. To achieve my target is my top priority in sales. Many sales reps have left the company to choose other companies where it seems more realistic to achieve targets.

What counts at the end for sales is a target with a realistic chance to achieve. Great OTE is not an motivator if sales reps do not achieve their targets. Set-up realistic targets!

Great people but...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

What makes Adobe special is the people. Fortunate to work with such a sharp and dedicated crew. Especially enjoy the collaboration across the different geographies. The benefits and compensation are also good. Focus on "green" initiatives and fitness are also a big plus.

Cons

As any company grows, there's an expected increase in bureaucracy. That said, it seems we make decision making more difficult than necessary. Work-life balance has also steadily deteriorated over the past few years.

There's been a recent and striking increase in micromanagement from senior leadership. I see SMEs across functions being questioned which reduces Adobe's overall efficiency.

Great company

I worked at Adobe

Pros

Adobe is an exciting company with some great technology. They dominate the creative tool space and increasingly are making a big name in the enterprise software space for customer experience management.

Cons

Adobe is a big company and has a lot of disconnected entities like most big companies.

Great environment.

Former Employee - Network Control Technician in Lehi, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Network Control Technician in Lehi, UT (US)

I worked at Adobe as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere and culture are great.

Cons

Nepotism, departmental cliques, training provided is more of a slide show of the departments you will be supporting. Lacks useable information pertaining to the job.

Adobe

Former Employee - Product Management Director in Lehi, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Product Management Director in Lehi, UT (US)

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great cool company with cool stuff all over. Love the dash boards that are every where.

Cons

If you love process to point of vomiting, you will love this. Process that can take a week to do a job that should only take five minutes. The amount of self 'patting on the back' was nauseating. Once mangers pigeon hole you, no matter what the home run is or awesome job is, you will be stuck waiting on yearly lay offs.

Quit managing up so much...Manage your team and dont worry about the "up" in everything.

Great company that continues to reinvent itself!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Photoshop and Acrobat franchise give the company great brand value.
    A still evolving Marketing Cloud strategy.
    Great benefits and work life balance.

Cons

Sales reorganizations and layoffs make business challenging.
    People are well paid and there is little movement so personal career growth is challenging.
    Need to move beyond just business model "innovations." Created a subscription billing platform and now need to bring more product and service innovation.

Subscriptions were well received and finally understood by investors. Now need to focus on greater value per customer and other services to attract new customers.
    Give future leaders more breadth of experience by moving them around.