Adobe Reviews

3.9
1,089 Reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 150 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 89 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has also steadily deteriorated over the past few years (in 25 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Company that really cares about its employees

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Compensation plan, great benefits and side perks, great locations, and great people!

Cons

Tends to move slowly on new innovations

Take a chance here and there...don't be so conservative. We need to be more agile.

Talented people, interesting projects

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked with many talented, friendly people at Adobe. I had educational opportunities and was involved in many interesting projects that helped me grow professionally. I found the salary and benefits package to be generous.

Cons

I disliked the office layout. Almost no walls between cubicles meant that you worked while directly facing another person. In my job I had to be on the phone alot so I was always searching for a meeting room or place I could be on the phone or skype and not disturb a room full of people.

Awesome, talented workgroups

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Competitive Pay and Benefits, Talented and very hardworking environment within the database realm. There are great incentives and resources to utilize to create awesome work and research. The building is clean , and offers healthy snacks/drinks. The technical resources for development and analytics are advancing through updated/new tools and software.

Cons

Personal Growth expanding outside your usual duties may be difficult to attain in highly focused work groups. There are also many surrounding vendors which may be a good and bad thing.

Open up more options for your talented individuals for continued and expanded contributions.

Fantastic journey, from startup to #1 player

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Paris (France)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Paris (France)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture, the people, the strengths, the projects, the challenges, the opportunities, the value proposition, top management implication and dedication, flexibility

Cons

Siloed org still, more processes adding extra overhead, too much PPT enablement, complex org arising from such a rich and diversified value proposition

Develop more cross-geo team spirit and network, ensure best practices are shared, sales team to work closer with product marketing, keep developing vertical GTM involving all functional teams placing customers front and center

Talks a lot about innovation, but is slow to move

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The closer you work to the big products, the more fun and creative the work environment is. The pay is pretty good, and the benefits are nice. I was given a lot of leeway by my manager to try and innovate, but the company is not built for broad sweeping changes.

Current management is brilliant. The overall shift the company has made in the last few years has been incredible. The company was not headed in the right direction for a long time and now things are looking very very well.

Cons

The San Jose office is depressing.the company is still taking a very long time to get serious about disrupting long-standing parts of the business. 30 years of legacy code means attachment issues, and a lot of work to do before real innovation can happen.

Keep up the good work. But if you could, take more chances on smaller projects. The Kickbox (disruptive innovation workshop/incubator) program needs more attention.

Motivting

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balanace.. great vision and leadership.. they know where they want to go and how to reach there.

Cons

some management needs to be improved in the middle layer for better efficiency

Great company to work with

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food, competitive remuneration and most important the Creative & knowledgeable people you work with is amazing.

Cons

Nothing for me, everything seems nice

Good company that takes care of it's employees but lacks innovation and excitement of start up.

Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong focus on procedures, policies, culture, and people. Great benefits.

Cons

Allows little room to spread your wings and go after the "next big thing". Company is more focused on short term profits than on long term revenue.

Be more passionate and focus more on the future...the next big things (aquiring great technology to add to portfolio).

Great benefits, lackluster leadership.

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong benefits & compensation packages
    Good work/life balance for a majority of roles
    Open, friendly, and collaborative workspaces

Cons

Limited mobility, promotions are often few and far between
    Very slow to move, particularly considering location in Silicon Valley
    Disjointed strategic direction - a lot of people moving at a lot of different speeds at a lot of different angles.

Determine a common strategy and goal for the organization. Rally teams behind this goal and make sure everyone understands how their jobs and contributions ladder to the companies overall success.

Great, big company. Not the place for those seeking fast-paced environment, however.

I worked at Adobe full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Everyone knows the Adobe brand, though I got tired of being asked how to turn off the annoying Acrobat update reminders. Company treats employees well, with good benefits packages. They support a good work/life balance and promote telecommuting. Nice dual threat with Creative and Marketing clouds; vision resonating with the street and customers.

Leadership is making the right decisions about moving to the "cloud" (though one could argue the Creative Cloud isn't really a cloud in the true sense of the term) and its work in the digital marketing field. Hard to argue with the runup of ADBE stock the past 18 months or so.

Cons

Big company feel. Upper management is stiff, despite their attempts to be otherwise.

The digital marketing business--the fastest growing at Adobe--is still the ugly stepchild. The creative side is the cash cow, and that fact permeates the atmosphere at Adobe.

Despite attempts to be nimble, Adobe's internal decision making machinery operates at a glacial pace. HR is way too involved in everything, and I never heard a positive comment about IT in the many years I spent at the company. They made some cool widgets for me as a business leader, but it's was nearly impossible for me to get their support for my own business initiatives. They were territorial without ever really adding value to the business where I worked.

Creative Cloud is still showing impressively, though the digital marketing business seems to be commoditized now with the except of the AEM and Campaign tools.

Try, try, try to create more of an innovative/startup mentality. The lack thereof is why many seasoned employees have left for more exciting ventures.