Adobe Reviews

3.9
1,064 Reviews

Adobe President and CEO Shantanu Narayen
Shantanu Narayen

Pros
  • Company offers great benefits; flexible time-off policy; decent work-life balance (in 133 reviews)

• Good gym, great benefits, overall more positive experiences than bad ones (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance; the pressure comes from the top and it's hard to resist giving in (in 23 reviews)

• senior management do not communicate well with employees of all levels (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome Culture, great products, great people

Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager  in  Lehi, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Lehi, UT (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the culture. Benefits are great. Smart people to work with and great work life balance.

Cons

Internal politics - salary caps, little opportunity for upward growth within teams (have to jump around)

Great location and great benefits with nice people

Former Employee - Software Quality Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Quality Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pretty laid back if you're a QE

Cons

hard to move around or out of Quality Engineer in to something else. It is impossible to apply for other positions within the company; they won't even give you an interview.

Let people explore other interests in the company instead instead of keeping them where they are

Adobe is a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company vision and culture combined. It includes great benefits.

Cons

Large organization so difficult to have impact depending on level

Return the amazing site that shows employees their full benefits package

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work, difficult place to get a job

Current Employee - Senior Instructional Designer  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Instructional Designer in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, great work life balance (depending on your manager/job role of course), great benefits.

Cons

Everyone here is very "nice". More difficult conversations need to be happen on a regular basis. Politics can be an issue depending on which group you're working with and how much proximity you have to the upper crust of leaders.

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Finance Manager  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible, Great people and benefits

Cons

Unfortunately, not much growth opportunity.

Very Satisfied

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Best company in India to work

Cons

None but top management should work for

Please do work not rest

Good company, great products, rudderless sales organization

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Seven years with Adobe- it has a great reputation due to the industry leading creative products consumers know well. Solid benefits (standard insurance, 401K 50% match up to 6%, gym membership reimbursement, free Adobe software but the best benefit has been the employee stock purchase program over the past couple of years with the rising stock price) ...and workplace amenities (gym, cafe, indoor basketball court, rock climbing wall, etc.) Great co-workers, intelligent people with a fun and social work environment. Beautiful, contemporary building and workspace. You couldn't really ask for more from this aspect.

Cons

This review is specifically meant for those looking to enter the sales org (digital marketing BU.) Adobe is a typical, large organization that's over-managed with little benefit being created by these redundant layers of "management." Because of this, a slow, clunky, unresponsive sales organization is what you'll find that weakens the ability to compete. Innovation and growth comes through start-up acquisition, not internally.
    Matt Thompson (SVP of sales/field ops at Adobe) is great and I have a lot of respect for him, however, Garrett Ilg recently came on under Thompson and disrupted a once healthy and proud sales team. His background (SAP) seems to be more operational in nature than sales related and he has shown little regard for the health of the overall sales culture and morale. In 2012, within 6 months of Ilg taking over, I would estimate that 1/3 of our long-time, over-achieving sales employees left the org before the end of the year. Because of the internal haphazard mess Ilg had commissioned and half implemented, a number of the sales teams did not have an official, finalized comp. plans (or finalized territory assignments for that matter) until more than half way through the year and even after that point., changes were still being made.
    Management attempted to minimize organizational damage (specifically relating to the digital marketing BU) and attrition in 2013 with a few band-aid fixes but then continued its free fall in 2014. My specific group has seen a 50% turnover this year alone with pretty much everyone that remains fielding recruiter calls for the time being.
    I write this because Adobe has great people, products and potential, but less than stellar vision and organizational structure due to (in my opinion) a lazy management team who's not willing to truly innovate, roll up their sleeves and understand what is happening on the front lines. They instead rule down from their high tower with an iron fist, opting to yell or send out a blistering email in place of true pragmatic management. An example of this is with my new direct VP after the Ilg restructure. I saw him a total of two times over a 2 year period. He would promise us that he was coming out, however, like clockwork, would come up with some excuse or "injury" as to why he had to put the visit off "this time." To be honest, I don't think sales guys mind not having to see their VP all that often, but it has lead into a disintegration of a once proud culture and disconnect with his sales units. Many of these large software companies become technology graveyards for this very reason. In finishing up, I also want to point out that I am not a disgruntled employee that had a brief stint at Adobe- I have continually exceeded quota each year and have attended Adobe's Platinum Club for their top-achieving account executives.

I think most of what I mentioned above will be helpful for management to take into consideration. In short, WAY too many layers of management. The leaders in place don't seem to be in touch with what is happening on the front lines. They act more like overpaid accountants than actual managers with little added benefit. They simply roll up reports each week and push it up to the next guy, who does the same up to the next guy and on and on. Many of the lower level leaders are scared to run key concerns or issues up the chain that would be pertinent to the health of the org, due to fear of their future ability to move up the management chain. This has cultivated weak leadership that has infiltrated the management chain at all levels. Also, Adobe management does not recognize the high value and tribal knowledge of seasoned sales reps. Garrett Ilg appears to believe that he has created a system where they can simply plug-in any Joe salesperson into his haphazard mess of a system and they will pick right up and immediately produce. He is blind to see it doesn't work this way at Adobe. With as many products we are responsible for understanding, how each of our tools plug into the larger digital marketing strategy, the coordination with other team members and months (if not a full year) it requires a comprehensive ramp-up period to get all of this down. It really appears that he is doing his best to force out experienced, higher-paid reps and plug in entry level, inexperienced reps they can pay less. We have already seen the wall that our BU has hit with this methodology. Also of note, it has been quietly passed around the org that there is a pay raise cap with all internal promotions to no more than a 7% increase. There is no faster way to dismantle a team with experience & industry expertise than failing to pay market rate for your top-performing reps.

Fascinating work experience with great heritage - but much room for improvement today

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Hamburg (Germany)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hamburg (Germany)

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The internationality of the company is a big plus. Work is organized and driven with a professional approach, at the best of times with a strong focus on best-of-bread software engineering. The Hamburg office is housed in a beautiful building and the work space is a pleasure to work in.

Cons

Personal growth is hindered by nepotism. The company suffers by lack of direction and vision which is reflected by poor middle management.

A good company to stick for long, provided you can keep inventing yourself and possess strong relationship skills.

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Like all BIG companies, no scarcity of resources or opportunities
    Great work-life balance
    Innovation hub - latest and greatest going on all at all times.

Cons

Not all functions that rewarding, so you need to constantly look for ways to get job satisfaction if stuck in such a function.
    Compensation structure can be improved further. Not at par with companies of same stature.
    HIghly tilted towards engineering. Rest functions suffer due to this.

people grinder

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  Munich (Germany)
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Munich (Germany)

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good portfolio and very loyal customer base

Cons

changing strategy every year and November job cuts is a common practice.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!