Aegis Living Reviews

246 reviews filtered by
4.7
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark

Pros
  • The thought of being able to spend my day with the kindest residents really makes me excited to come to work everyday (in 5 reviews)

• It really makes for a healthy, productive and forward-thinking work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a lot of responsibility to provide the best care and service for seniors which requires having enough employees to give their 100% every day (in 5 reviews)

• no Cons that I can think about it (in 6 reviews)

1. Aegis is a great company ...But bad language and team work is a culture killer

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only reason i stayed working there so long was because the RESIDENTS and Culture
    There is a great culture in Aegis , to be honest the management needs room to have good communication with staff and good side is they are more concerned for the welfare of residents.There is always something new to learn from. The Ultra Modern dementia
     I loved the job but the pay was not enough

Cons

No 10 mins short breaks to help you mentally from working with stressful residents
    Very poor communication from Management to other staffs
    Bad language is really prevalent in Aegis , Team building was never there i hardly knew my chefs , Kitchen staffs and other care managers
    No paid short breaks
    Very low pay, Its okay for people starting to work but sick time is provided after 30 days
     Opportunity for advancement is another big concern it looked like those in Administration are more likely to move on than those in care positions
    No motivation to pick night hours

Advice to Management

Keep training , good communication and team building as a core for culture building , Continue treating employees with dignity and respect

2. Great Experience

Former Employee - Care Manager in Granada Hills, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Care Manager in Granada Hills, CA (US)

I worked at Aegis Living

Pros

Helping seniors everyday was a great experience
    Hours were fair
    Clean working environment

Cons

Compensation. For the kind of work that is done we should have been paid more than 9.50 an hour.
    If your team member is running late you cant leave until they arrive.

Advice to Management

Assist the care managers more

3. A First Class Act!

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sincere upper management that give positive feedback, a rare commodity nowadays!

Cons

Nothing I can think of as they cover all bases with regard to compensation, personal growth and leadership.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing! I feel that it's a role model for other companies.

5. Rare company that you can love

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

Doing good in the world for the greatest generation

Cons

balancing shareholders, residents, banks, employees and investors is a very difficult dance but not impossible.

Advice to Management

Keep forcusing on exceptional resident care

6. Great place to work

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great employee oriented company,, let's you do you do your job

Cons

Nothing, great company to work for

Advice to Management

Keep it up

7. Very positive experience in a company that cares.

Current Employee - Wellness Nurse
    Current Employee - Wellness Nurse

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Aegis is a very people-driven culture. It is very obvious they care about their employees and about their concerns. I work in the nursing side of Aegis and it is obvious that they communicate well, treat employees with dignity and respect, and have little "treats" that help employees (such as $1 lunches and $5 family meals).

They have little get-togethers every morning called "stand up" where you can pretty much talk freely about what's happening in Aegis or in your life. It's a very personal way to communicate.

I consider the pay to be competitive with some drawbacks (see the Cons section), but I do consider Aegis is a company of opportunity and growth as there are general managers within the company that are also registered nurses.

Cons

As a nurse these are the following cons:
    1. There is no differential for an evening/noc shift. As such there is sometimes fierce competition for scheduling for "prime" shifts as there is no incentive to work an evening or a NOC shift.
    2. Vacation hours are hard to come by. 90 days have to be worked before you see an hour of vacation pay, although sick time is provided after 30 days.
    3. OT is pretty much necessary in order to function properly here.

Advice to Management

While I do consider the salary/pay to be competitive, I feel that there is not enough incentive for a person to take a NOC shift from a day shift position. This, to me, is one of the biggest concerns because scheduling is then based on a seniority position on high-demand shifts.

I would expect a high-class organization like Aegis to pay nursing (and care managers) the same differentials (or at least introduce one) for those who have to work an evening or nocturnal shift with the differentials scaled as appropriate.

8. Fueled by growth opportunities to better not only oneself, but the senior community as a whole.

Current Employee - Manager in San Clemente, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in San Clemente, CA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A family styled work atmosphere that recognizes talent, dedication and promotes from within, while also benefiting from being a part of a generously loving heart directed toward the elderly and their families.

Cons

Due to demand, state regulations and the drive for only involving top of the class employees / colleagues, the work load can be daunting. It would be helpful if, in the least, more part time employees could be hired.

Advice to Management

Please hire more part time workers to assist in menial, but incredibly time consuming, tasks.

9. Administrator

Current Employee - Executive Director in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent company, compeetitive, proud to come to work here, many opportunities for personal growth, rewarded through compensation and complements.

Cons

Keeping up with fast paced and industry is always challenging, but in a good way

Advice to Management

Keep the excellent training coming.

10. Best in Class

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

Aegis Senior Living with CEO Dwayne Clark truly strive to better the lives of senior citizens in all of their facilities. From staffing to amenities in the building, Aegis is committed to provide the best service to all of the residents. If my parents were in need of senior housing, an Aegis Senior Living facility would be where they would reside.

Cons

Unfortunately, they are not in same location as my parents!

11. Great Company

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive corporate culture. The EPIC annual employee first meeting is proof that CEO Dwayne Clark is an affirming leader and visionary. He invests in his employees.

Cons

Leadership is enlightened. Really difficult to locate a negative here.

Advice to Management

Please stay the course. Keep innovating.