Aegis Living Reviews

Updated 26 August 2014
Updated 26 August 2014

4.5

Dwayne Clark

Pros
  • Aegis is made up of a family of co-workers making life better for each other, residents and families (in 7 reviews)

• It truly is an employee first company in every way (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a lot of responsibility to provide the best care and service for seniors which requires having enough employees to give their 100% every day (in 5 reviews)

• Best company around, there are no cons (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic Company

Current Employee - Marketing Director
    Current Employee - Marketing Director

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best experience ever!!, I've been working in the industry for 10 years and I never worked for just a wonderful company, it's amazing to be surrounded by just an amazing group of caring and loving people.

Cons

no Cons that I can think about it. Love my job!

believe it or not I don't have any advice.

Love this company

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Ventura, CA (US)
    Current Employee - General Manager in Ventura, CA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

very people oriented. senior management is there to help, they give GM's room to be successful. great culture,

Cons

really none that I know of.

keep it going,

The best company I have worked with in my entire career

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

I am an outside consultant for Aegis Living. I have been working with them for the past 3 years and I have to say that it is by far the best company I have worked with in my entire consulting career. They treat me like family. At the same time, they give me enough autonomy to create results and help move the company forward.

The best thing about working with Aegis Living is the management team (and everyone in the company) just gets it. From the CEO, all the way down to the marketing directors, they understand what I do and are always looking for ways to help me do things better. There is never any negative vibes, only positive reinforcements. I just can't say enough about working with Aegis Living.

I have been consulting for over 10 years now. It would be very difficult to go back and work for a company. I have to say with 100 percent certainty that there are very few companies that I would consider leaving my practice to work directly with on an ongoing basis. Google is one. Aegis Living is another. The list is very short.

Not to beat a dead horse, but this is by far the best company you could possibly want to work for. They treat employees with respect and are always open to ideas. I have even heard the CEO say, "you have my direct line, call me" when you have an idea. That kind of communication and open door policy just doesn't exist in my company cultures. Aegis Living has nailed that on the head. You won't find a better group of people to work for and a company who truly cares about their employees.

Cons

Unfortunately I do not have any cons about working with Aegis Living. There is nothing that I would recommend changing as they have built a fantastic culture to work for.

Keep up the great work and the expansions.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wellness staff

Current Employee - Wellness Staff  in  Redmond, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Wellness Staff in Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good medical, great coworkers, enjoy time with residents, great lil benes-$1 meal etc, seems to really work at pleasing families

Cons

Admin doesn't keep his word- promised staff certain amount to do 1:1 with needy resident then after a few weeks of very hard work by employees he says: OH SORRY ONLY time and a half-nothing I can do. UNTRUE.
    SEVERAL ROOMS HAVE BEDBUGS & their dragging their feet getting rid of them, just sprayed, now reappeared and still biting residents.
    Frankly I'm disgusted.

Consider honoring and respecting employees and keep your word. Respect residents enough to stop the infestations, just leads to poor care.

Excellent, employee & care focused company.

Current Employee - GM In Training  in  Issaquah, WA (US)
    Current Employee - GM In Training in Issaquah, WA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee focused, uncompromised resident services and care, innovative with focus on what works. Trail blazer, leader in assisted living and memory care.

Cons

I Don't know if there any. Personally, I hope the founder/CEO will continue to guide the company and oversee the planned/anticipated grow.

Keep the focus on reasonable grows of the company.

A great community full of wonderful employers and employees!

Current Employee - Maintenance  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time

Pros

All the employees are kind and curious. The managers and other head staff are understanding and try their best to work for you. There are many rewards the staff can enjoy, they tend to come through little things like free soda everyday or a granted day off to help your family; this is extremely rewarding compared to a one and done celebratory party. (Although they do those too)

Cons

If you lack social skills it can be hard to interact with the employees and residents. You have to be able to organize and manage / prioritize your work because the days can sometimes defy the best schedules.

You all have been doing great, you've taken suggestions into account and have provided great incentives to us employees.

Excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Carmichael, CA (US)
    Current Employee - General Manager in Carmichael, CA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The support from the home office is amazing. We are surrounded by wonderful talent, in beautiful communities. We are encouraged to be innovative and grow in our positions. I cannot imagine a better place to work.

Cons

The only downfall to this type of work is growing close to our residents and then losing them. Although this is a part of life, it doesn't make it any easier.

Keep on doing what you are doing!

Fantastic Company to work for.

Current Employee - Marketing Director  in  Bothell, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Bothell, WA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Aegis Living is an employee first company that believes that if employees are happy and given the best environment to work in with great pay and benefits, they will in turn give the best care to the Aegis Living Residents.
    The company offers fabulous training and many opportunities for advancement.

Cons

There are no Cons. The company continues to be innovative in providing the best in the Senior Housing Industry.

Keep up the great work!

Very Rewarding

Current Employee - Health Services Director  in  Aptos, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Health Services Director in Aptos, CA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Aegis hires people who have a passion for service to the elderly. We work together as a team and really show interest and concern for our employees. This also is felt and seen at the corporate level.

Cons

I have found none. I continue to feel supported and appreciated for the work that I do. Our home office is open and transparent.

Just continue to support and acknowledge all of the employees as you have been doing all along.

Aegis Living

Current Employee - No Comment  in  Aptos, CA (US)
    Current Employee - No Comment in Aptos, CA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent company culture. Supportive management. Flexibility and promotional opportunities.

Cons

Best company around, there are no cons.

Keep up the excellent work!

Worked for Aegis Living? Contribute to the Community!