Aerotek

Updated 29 January 2015
3.2

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Pros
  • With hard work, there is the potential to make a lot of money in Recruiting & Sales (in 24 reviews)

• Potential to make a lot of money as Recruiter or Account Manager (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you (in 96 reviews)

• No work life balance- Your work a minimium of 45 hours a week (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

NOT BAD FOR WHAT IT IS: A TEMPORARY HIRE AGENCY

Former Employee - Material Handler in Appleton, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Appleton, WI (US)

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was nice working first shift knowing what had to be done on a day in day out basis. The pay was not terrible for what it was ($12 per Hour). The staffing agency was very up front about the chances of being hired (slim) by any of the companies they were supplying with workers. You also know what your shift is on a day in day out basis (8 1/2 Hours for 1st and 2nd Shifts).

Cons

-Low Pay (certainly not bad for a Temporary Hire position, but not enough to live on)
    -No real chance for advancement/being hired by the Organizations they staff for.
    -During the first year, you are only authorized two vacation days.

As long as Aerotek remains honest about the chances of being hired on by the companies they provide for, I see no problem with this company. This was a temporary work opportunity before I decided to return to school to finish my degree and the agency was very upfront and honest about what the job would be.

Jan 06, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience working with Aerotek! Your feedback is really important to us.

It is a nightmare

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

They have tons of jobs...they only give it to white people...black people only get the $9.00 jobs...even if u have experience they not go help you

Cons

They don't even try to to help people...I been calling for almost years...They are very racist they want to keep black people down..I have witness them calling someone white for a $16 hr job after they told me I was next.they lied.

You need to screen your workers better...it's the southfiel office in Michigan...they very prejudice...they only take care or their white family...I hate that office...they use their power

Jan 30, 2015

Hello- Thank you for reaching out and were are sorry to hear about your poor experience working with us in our Southfield office. We value integrity and consistent communication and what you have ... More

Good Times, Happy Customers

Former Employee - Client Care Specialist in Detroit, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Client Care Specialist in Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work environment was very fun and colorful. The company valued the customers as well as the employees. There was always help around when you needed it, either from team leaders or team members.

Cons

Very long work hours. No days off during the weekday.

Jan 29, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. In case you have any concerns, that you would like us to address, please email us at [email protected], so we can follow them up. Thanks.

Great Company, Great Team, Great Environment, Big bucks

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to be a business owner on someone else's dime. Very inclusive and great environment.

Cons

You need to work hard every day to be succesful

Continue doing what oyur doing

Jan 29, 2015

Thank you for your comment. We are delighted to hear about your positive experience working with us. Thank you for being a part of our team.

Great culture & opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ (US)

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

The people that you meet internally at Aerotek are some of the most motivated, genuine and talented that you'll find anywhere. The culture demands high integrity and a strong work ethic. Tremendous diversity of thought and fair, steady leadership that is not prone to brash decision making. Directors and VP's have a clear, strong vision for growth.

Cons

Aerotek is a value provider, not a low cost provider, so feeling commoditized by customers is a constant challenge. You must also work efficiently and effectively to avoid losing balance in the work/life equation. That said, it is usually self motivation, not organizational influence, that would lead to long hours.

Jan 30, 2015

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Aerotek. It is a great pleasure to know that it's been so positive. Best regards

Hard work pays off

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Culture, Growth, Promotions, If you are a top performer great salary, knowing that you are helping people find jobs, performance and incentive based income, tiered commission.

Cons

to be a top performer you really cant have work life balance, definitely not the right company for someone who is looking for something easy.

I think it would be nice for Aerotek to encourage work life balance!

Jan 30, 2015

Thank you for your great feedback. We are really happy to hear you have had a wonderful experience working with Aerotek.

Good to work with, spotty contact

Former Employee - Document Control in Vance, AL (US)
    Former Employee - Document Control in Vance, AL (US)

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

They found me a job (document control) with a construction management company at the Mercedes Benz plant. I had interviewed with Aerotek a year before, and this job came out of the blue. My representative got me the amount per hour I requested and was easy to find and talk to. Everyone was very professional.

Cons

My representative left the company & her replacement was hard to find. When the construction project was over, I was out of work. It has been over a year since I have heard from them. Perhaps my job requirements are not available but an occasional email or call to know they are still looking would be nice. Never quite understood the benefits either.

Jan 29, 2015

Thank you for reaching out. Please email [email protected] with your concerns and we will forward them to the appropriate personnel, so they can look into them. Thanks.

Contract work

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Aerotek was always very fair with me. They also would look for other opportunities to further my career

Cons

It's contract and you never feel like you belong in the work force

Jan 29, 2015

Thanks for your feedback! We are very happy to hear about your positive experience.

Great Company

Current Employee - Recruiter in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Bellevue, WA (US)

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

-great culture
    -training
    -great for entry level professionals

Cons

-You can have very inexperienced managers trying to take on too much
    -office politics

Jan 29, 2015

We are very happy to hear about your experience working with us. Thanks for choosing Aerotek and have a great day!