Aflac

Aflac Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Aflac Chairman and CEO Dan Amos

Dan Amos

Pros
  • You can set your own hours, work from virtually anywhere, and there is unlimited income potential (in 20 reviews)

• Management is very engaged with making sure that employees maintain a good work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary or ramp up funds to help beginners, training is not so great (in 24 reviews)

• lack of initial support - but it's like any 100% commission job: "you reap what you sow" (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights

A boring challenge

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood training, reward success and offer a lot of perks and opportunities to earn those perks for those that do well, and our coordinator seemed to have a ton of energy about the company which was contagious.

ConsCold calling was a drain and that was most of the job. Difficult to stay engaged. Also the compensation structure made it ripe for turnover and everyone I started with was gone pretty quickly, making me question whether I could be doing something better.

Awesome place to work!

Claims Specialist (Former Employee) Columbus, GA (US)

ProsAmazing place to work. They do so much for their employees. Loved the employee appreciation week.

ConsCan not think of any.

Jun 10, 2014District Coordinator

Thank you for all you do on the claims side of things! Sure makes our job easier!

Overall a good place to work

Senior Applications Developer (Current Employee)

ProsNice people - my colleagues treat each other with respect
    Fair local management - it is very non-political
    Work/Life balance - there is a high degree f work life balance. Much better than other local companies.

ConsDifficult to be far from hq
    No upward mobility - People who work hard are not always rewarded. The need to reward those who deserve it

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect employees regardless of site

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic opportunity for lifetime income and growth

ProsCutting edge of Health Care Reform

ConsCan be a challenge to filter through all of the data

Jun 10, 2014District Coordinator

There are definitely lots of challenges, but as long as your coordinator gives you the tools you need during training you can overcome them all!

The Duck

Agent (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsHaving the freedom of planning your own schedule and being in business for yourself but not by yourself and feeling as if you are still part of Corporate America.

ConsWithout a good working relationship with decision makers of small to large business's it is diffficult to get past that gate keeper with so many Aflac agents knocking on the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the changes in Healthcare Aflac is a great way to help lower the overhead of providing benefits to employees. Make sure you get updated each year to the advantages Aflac has to offer.

Know what you're getting into if you're doing sales

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGREAT PAY, if you can persevere and are good at sales

Cons100% commission, extremely reliant on building momentum

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your sales office managers to be open and honest during the interview process

Positive and enriching experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Columbus, GA (US)

ProsTop-level, globally recognized and respected brand. Top management is willing to listen to ideas and in many cases try new approaches.

ConsCorporate headquarters is in a lovely small town in southern Georgia, but this may not be a good fit for some people. The corporate culture is extremely conservative, and while being risk-averse is a good attribute for a financial services company it can sometimes result in progress coming at too slow a pace for outside factors.

Advice to Senior ManagementMight do a better job attracting and retaining talent if there was an option to be based out of other offices in larger markets.

Good interview. Seemed like I already had the job.

Aflac Agent (Current Employee) Glen Allen, VA (US)

ProsSalary is on commission so theres no limit to what you can make.

ConsIf you don't sell anything you won't get paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart of someone with a base salary

Jun 10, 2014District Coordinator

There is unlimited income potential! So much more than salary paid jobs...this is a career!

SCAM, it is a pyramid scam that only makes money for the upper management. high turn over rate will COST you money

Aflac Sales (Former Employee) Springdale, AR (US)

ProsIf you know a lot of ppl in an unsaturated area (good luck finding one) you might make a few dollars. You can kind of make your own hours, but must work a lot.

Consit's basically a scam, I would run far and fast!! hard on your car too

Accounting Specialist

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAflac is a company where they have mastered appreciating their employees and from all levels of management. If a company wants to know ways to encourage a positive atmosphere within their corporation, they will most definitely need to talk to the people of Aflac. Outstanding job!

ConsIt is nearly impossible to think of a con. This company just offers a lot of benefits for their employees. It is definitely the heartbeat of Columbus, GA.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!