Agfa Healthcare Reviews

Updated 20 August 2014
Updated 20 August 2014

2.6

CEO

Pros
  • Good benefits, stable once you get the sense of how things work (in 5 reviews)

• Good people to work and share experiences (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No cost of living or merit raises for the 4 years I was there (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management really jumps the gun in allowing unfinished products into the market (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great co workers

I worked at Agfa Healthcare

Pros

Pay was OK but no cost of living raises in over 8 yrs

Cons

worked 60-80 hr weeks with a lot of off the books time on things that was expected to be done

Executive and senior level management very out of touch with rank and file, and the situation "on the ground".

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time

Pros

Pay was pretty good. Company provided car was very nice fringe benefit.

Cons

Where to begin...Out of touch senior management, over-weighted, meaningless metrics. No sense of teamwork - people too guarded with their little "piece of information" as if it were their security blanket and to share too much would jeopardize their perceived job security. "[Blank] rolls downhill" is alive and well with Agfa.

Do something for the company, take your golden parachute and leave while the damage is repairable.

Good stability in a mature segment

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare

Pros

Great benefits, older experienced employees, mature and stable environment

Cons

No room to grow, downsizing is present.

Try to get better at communicating future plans.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work an gain experience

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Experienced team in Healthcare software standards and implementing state of the art Healthcare software

Cons

Conflicts in organizing projects and documentation

Worst Company in the world to work for!

Former Employee - Warehouse Manager  in  Dayton, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Dayton, NJ (US)

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Maybe the benefits but thats it

Cons

Union environment, poor management, finger pointing, micro managing, no raises or bonuses for salaried employees, lots of overtime not paid

look into the situation in Dayton Facility...its a wreck!

Some great people can be found, but terrible communication almost everywhere.

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company has some very talented, hard-working people.

Pay was okay for the amount of work done.

Fairly non-demanding job, where I hardly ever worked over 40 hours per week.

Cons

Terrible communication everywhere...from management down to individual contributors. Over half of my time was spent trying to track people down and get a reply...including my own boss. Constant cases of meetings where people either wouldn't show up or didn't follow up with deliverables. Management was just as bad (or worse), and so there was never any improvement of behavior.

Very little (if any) visibility or communication from management layers above. I never heard from, talked with, or sent reports to the manager above mine. Likewise, there was no communication, strategy... anything...communicated from anywhere above my manager.

Project management processes are non-existent. Terrible lack in project planning, project documentation and project communication. No accountability for missed dates. With a few exceptions, project managers are very poor at actually "driving" projects.

Absolutely no career path, planning, or management. No cost of living or merit raises for the 4 years I was there. Annual performance planning was almost always blown off until the Fall of the year that we were planning for, and would immediately be outdated! It took 4 months to get moved over to a promotional job after I was hired.

A lot of silos everywhere. Countries and regions are siloed in terms of processes, tools, etc. Teams are siloed, and managers commonly refuse to work with one another to cooperate or develop processes.

Communicate...anything....something...just communicate.

Unstable company right now

Current Employee - Services
    Current Employee - Services

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The total compensation is pretty good (see cons). The benefits package is pretty good. Most of the people are great to deal with and the company does have a knack for hiring some very talented people. Remote work is allowed but limited. There is some limited promotion opportunities. The company has a decent software portfolio. Rewarding industry to work in!

Cons

Frequent layoffs and restructures. In one year alone I had 4 separate bosses. They do not do regular annual cost of living adjustments (only 2 out of the 7 years I've been with them). There is limited promotional paths; most job changes are treated as lateral moves with HR unwilling to provide a decent increase in pay. The company is not against remote workers but is now limiting it and is only hiring certain positions out of an office. The company is very number oriented. Line managers are forcing numbers over quality to appease upper management. Slow bug fixes and many times we tell our customers to buy new version of software for the fix they seek!

Stop the frequent layoffs and restructuring. We haven't had a new sale install in a long time. Are we even trying to get new sales/clients?

Such a sad story....

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This place was a hidden gem in the tech employer landscape of Waterloo. Great people, Great Compensation, great benefits...5 years ago.

Cons

Rounds and rounds of layoffs. Provincial government cash injection is gone. No raise (or even cost of living adjustment) in 5 years. The lucky ones get great severance packages. Company turns on a dime with a new figurehead every couple of years and the slide continues.

Try to get some ROI before reinventing product lines before the have had a chance to make some profit.

Strong internal cohension but a chaotic management

Former Employee - Employee
    Former Employee - Employee

I worked at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovative products, a pleasant working atmosphere; space for personal freedom

Cons

little opportunities for growth and development, no investment in employees

Establish a competent and permanent senior management; the sr. management should be more open for dialogues and remain open to criticism; they should invest more in the further education of the employees;

good experience

I have been working at Agfa Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

friendly environment, great people to work with.

Cons

knowledge transfer need to be improved.

Worked for Agfa Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!