Agilent Technologies

Agilent Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Agilent Technologies CEO and Director Bill Sullivan

Bill Sullivan

Pros
  • This company has long been a shining star in "work/life balance" for its employees (in 108 reviews)

• Good work environment when I worked there, by that I mean the physical environment (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • Work / Life Balance sometimes out of balance (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management runs the business based on politics for shareholders, not customers or employees (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Something is missing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsGreat work/life balance. Employees are treated as adults. Pay and conditions are good. Communication about the state of the company as a whole was good.

ConsComplacent and kind of dull. It didn't have a bad culture, more like no culture at all - maybe because there was a significant shortage of younger employees, and the older employees weren't interested.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more focus on the internal life of the company.

Electronics Eng

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Melbourne

Prosnot bad accomodation, new building

Conslousy pay, lousy bunch of people

Advice to Senior ManagementSack the management

Great people, good opportunity

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Melbourne

ProsGreat people. Learning opportunity is good. Work environment is informal and friendly. Peer feedback is well-valued.

ConsGrowth is not steady. Too much outsourcing and less job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management should give a division/org more time after an investment. Also outsorucing too much may not be good for the long run.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good mid-sized company

IT Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsStability, and flexible work hours. Good benefits, still contributes to a retirement pension account. Good colleagues to work with.

ConsGlobal company means out of normal workday hours. Outsourcing to offshore model can be challenging. Offshore vendor resources make aggressive schedules difficult to meet on some projects.

Cares about employees but limited opportunities for advancement post company split. Existing management now overpaid.

Finance (Current Employee)

ProsYour experience at Agilent is dependent on your immediate manager. The company allows a lot of freedom for managers to dictate the environment for the staff. Some allow freedom to work from home others do not. work/life balance is fair, but with back office operations in South East Asia, there is a lot of work done outside of 'normal' work hours.

ConsPretty tight expense controls. No frills and the old HP employee perks are gradually going away one by one (retirement etc).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop selling and splitting the company and try to grow it!

It's a well managed and employee oriented company.

Tax Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros1. Work life balance
    2. Work independently.
    3. Open door policy.

Cons1. A little slow in growth.
    2. A stretched or lengthy hierarchy.

Good Place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsNice Work Environment
    Work Life balance

ConsTechnology not upgraded
    Job Insecurity as company is split in August,2014

Aging Company

Account Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsAs a young engineer in sales, there is a lot of opportunity in the older generation retiring. There is a lot of expertise and experience available

ConsThe company has an aging mindset and doesn't seem to be able adjust to getting, cultivating, and keeping young talent. The people that stay are complacent.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open with employees about career planning

Agilent Technologies, India. A values-driven organization that enables growth and learning

ProsManagement support and ownership, sr mgmt is approachable, Strong company values, flexible work hours, inclusive culture, good infrastructure and facilities, employee-centric environment

ConsComplex internal processes, hesitation to try new approaches. Internal-looking organization often misses the external market reality. Operationally sound but not aggressive topline growers

Advice to Senior ManagementThink out of the box, adapt best practices from the market

Great Company

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA (US)

ProsAgilent encourages employees to learn and improve. They provide educational assistance for any skill job related. The leadership has an open door policy and makes themselves available for any concerns. Work-life balance is respected.

ConsThere are no cons at Agilent.

Worked for Agilent Technologies? Contribute to the Community!