Alfred Angelo Bridal

Be The First To
Add Photos

Vincent Piccione

Poor Upper Management

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Arlington, TX (US)

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat customers, fun work environment. Great co-workers, the bridal events are fun, fun, fun. In spite of my employment ended, I was able to learn a great deal that I will apply to future endeavors.

ConsThe company is not properly structured. The Store Management has no autonomy. The DM that I worked for would rather place blame on anyone than herself. She lacks integrity in most situations that are not favorable to her. The training is okay, you have to judge that on a store by store scenario. My SM was a great trainer and I learned valuable information from her. The lack of work-life balance is what most managers complain about. There has to be something that can be done. This should seriously be reviewed by someone in a position of authority with the ability to make change.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease place an individual in place to actually supervise the DM staff. From what I've experienced the majority of them lack integrity and only look out for themselves. The company overall is pretty good, but that DM level needs serious improvement. Good management has been lost as a result of the lack of professionalism from the DM staff. I had an at home accident and was totally mishandled by the DM to the point that she replaced my position and I was under recovery. This company needs an in-house HR department that knows and exercises true HR law.

Sales Consultant

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

ProsGood Team Atmosphere
Make your own business
Flexible Time off
* Each district is different

ConsDo not get commission until merchandise comes in
Seasonal high/low periods
Only part time availability for most openings

Advice to Senior ManagementComputer systems are ancient
Very little room for opportunity, lacking in any type of solid leadership program - Not publicly held, designers need to focus on working closer with the sales force( the actual people who know what is selling and what is not versus the vague statistical market data being received)

Nice work environment, fun product

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal

ProsIt's bridal! Fun retail category.

ConsSmall budgets do not allow for pay raises or bonuses

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees bonuses or at least pay raises to keep morale up

Hot and Cold

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexibility when it comes to family and personal issues. Laid back working environment. Vacations, sick days decent benefits.

ConsAbsolutely no loyalty. I've seen workers their for 20-30 years being let go without a thought. The systems are very old making your job much more difficult, money being spent in areas of non importance. Not much of an area of advancement in most departments. Having a degree is looked upon highly, where as experience is not. So basically they are hiring really smart people with a complete lack of job experience and it shows. Also you will go years without a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when it comes to improving work environment and how to advertise properly.

Worst Job Ever

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get a 30% discount on all items. That is the only thing I can think to say. Now I'm just trying to fill the 20-word minimum.

ConsThe whole Undercover Boss waste of money is complete bull. They need to pay the stylists more per hour, and could have if they never did Undercover Boss.Some of these people are students paying off their loans, some are mothers trying to make ends meet. And all they pay is minimum wage plus 4% commission; so on a $1000 dress you get $40, well probably around $30 after taxes. You don't see the commission until AFTER the dress comes in and the balance has been paid. Making it hard to sell the job to prospective hires who need decent money now. They sent out these horrible cut-outs of the president that I personally refused to put in my store, however, knew I had to, so I reluctantly did it anyways. It was so commercialized and cheesy! It looks so cheap, you don't see Kleinfeld doing stupid things like that.

My DM is incredibly rude and nasty to my manager. If we do really well in a given week, the response we get is "good" if another store does the same, they get "Wooo hoo! Awesome job ladies!" So there is A LOT of bias going on in my district as well.

A good amount of the new dresses are horribly cheap, but they put these high price tags on them. It seems as though the designers have a complex about trying to set Alfred Angelo apart with their new designs. They're horrible. They do not sell. Some dresses I can't even match a target market to.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the the stylists and Managers of the retail stores. They know what the customers are looking for. Get rid of Timetrade (the online appointment booking site). It sends a bad message to the customer when they book an appointment and have to be called the next day to switch it because the store is over-booked for that time slot.

PAY A LIVABLE SALARY. Stop being penny-wise and pound foolish, I don't want to see cheap plastic beads on dresses that are $1399.

Coach merchandising on carefully reading an F9 question in full and answering all parts of it. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've asked 2 or more questions in an F9 request, and gotten an answer to only one of them. The actual customers get really frustrated and blame the people in the store for merchandising's ineptness. The internal customer service is horrible.

Fun Job, bad pay, dead end

Bridal Stylist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time

ProsGenuinely care about customers, and its a fun job.

ConsThe pay and commission structure is horrible. You don't get commission until the products come in, and the customer pays of their balance. Since almost everything takes 3+ months to come in you can't receive commission unless you manage to make an immediate sale, which is difficult and only gives limited options. In addition Alfred Angelo only offers part time and minimum wage as a base pay making it difficult to survive. Furthermore Alfred Angelo will not provide you with any of the commissions you have already earned if you are no longer working for them. The computer system is seriously outdated and isn't user friendly, and it's easy to make mistakes. Our store actually only has dial-up internet which is extremely slow and our systems go down quite often.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow appreciation for your employees by giving the tools they need to do their jobs and providing better pay and commissions on a timely basis.

Horrible to their employees

Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time for more than a year

ProsYou do make commission but only 4 percent

ConsNo way to move up management doesn't know what there doing. Rude customers the customer is always right even if you did your job. As a bridal stylist you are looked at completely replaceable. Corporate does not care about what goes on in their store they keep everything a big secret ti it blows up in there face

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease listen to the little people who see what is happening every day your management that you have in your store check them out. They are not who you believe them to be.

Lots of turnover, not enough hours to maintain full staff

Third Key (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLoved my store. Very close staff. Loved my immediate manager.

ConsConstantly changing practices (though the company was still eliminating Bridesmart practices) Never enough hours to keep more than one consultant at a time on weekdays.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo one pays attention when the greeting is scripted. I'd rather have a consultant who cared and knew their product than one who is focused on getting the script right and not listening

Absolutely love the job, but out of control management and no one to turn to.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than a year

ProsFun and rewarding job. It's great getting to help make a girls wedding dreams come true. Holidays off and great hours for a retail job around the end of the year.

ConsDistrict manager has given the store manager free reign to do what she pleases creating a terrible work environment and no one for employees to turn to. I am afraid the store will be run into the ground before something is done about it. Salaried employees are required to work at least 45 hrs and pay is minimal. As long as sales numbers are up they don't seem to care about the employees well being or what's going on in the stores. Assistant managers have almost all the actual work duties with managers just "overseeing."

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees not just your store managers.

Over the past few years I have progressed with a company that I truly have a passion for.

San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis family owned company really has the best intentions in mind in regards to their customers and employees. How often in retail do you get to work so closely with a person and share in the most emotional purchase of her life? It is a rewarding experience to say the least.

ConsOutdated technology. The company could really put some effort into upgrading systems in their retail stores. They might also benefit from a more updated advertising campaign to drive business.

Worked for Alfred Angelo Bridal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alfred Angelo Bridal reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Alfred Angelo Bridal CEO Vincent Piccione. All 44 reviews are posted anonymously by Alfred Angelo Bridal employees.