Allegheny Ludlum

Be The First To
Add Photos

Terry L. Dunlap

ATI AL is a Metals company for the future

Account Representative (Current Employee) Natrona Heights, PA (US)

ProsSafety is a high priority here at all levels of the organization. The company is deeply committed to making continuous investment in its operations. The people I've worked with are mostly very friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and responsible. There are many opportunities for growth, and management is very approachable. People do get together regularly outside of work for happy hour or other activities.

ConsThis company has silos within silos. Some managers are people who never should be given the responsibility of managing people, but that is slowly changing. The corporate IT systems date from the 1980s and early 1990s and impede efficiency and growth. Change takes place slowly, but I feel that upper management is aware of where the company as a whole needs to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to break down the silos within the company and prioritize our strengths to help the company maximize its profits. Helping people to become more efficient by providing more cross-training and improved systems will help us to move forward toward those goals.

Good work environment, and good starting pay

ProsPay, Good atmosphere, Diverse age groups and backgrounds

ConsDifficult environment at times, depending on location can reach 140 degrees while working

good

Steel Worker (Current Employee) East Vandergrift, PA (US)

ProsCompensation and benefits are great.

Conswork weekends and midnight shift. the schedule changes with no notice

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Starter Job

Process Engineer II (Current Employee)

ProsGreat union force, high starting salary, open to learning

Consreception to change, slow promotion

Advice to Senior Managementneed more youth in the company

My responsibilities exceed job description and compensation.

Senior Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Washington, PA (US)

ProsThe people are good to work with. The benifits are good and the company's financial security is very solid. It is a technology forward thinking company.

ConsThe organization structure is currently filled with too many vertical layers, and thus the lower-end salaried positions become the work horses without the recognition or compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign the organization correctly. Compensate employees based on job performance and not seniority only. Define metrics which acheive the overall business unit goals instead of pinning them against one another.

Only good thing is the salary.

Engineer (Former Employee) Brackenridge, PA (US)

ProsGood compensation, received a signing bonus . Very competitive benefits including heathcare and vacation time. Not much else positive to say besides the pay, which isn't enough for the work you are expected to perform.

ConsLong hours in filthy, noisy, and dangerous working conditions. I usually averaged 11+ hour days, often with no time given for lunch. Not somewhere where it is easy to move up. I interviewed for and was offered an engineering position in their tech center but on the first day of work was told it was now electrical maintenance on their strip mill. There is a giant disconnect between production/maintenance and corporate/HR. Very unfriendly and hostile environment, especially the union workers who have it in for any salaried employee, even so far as to purposely breaking equipment, endangering employees, etc. Management always looks at it with a blind eye to avoid union problems, which only encourages further abuse and harassment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTerry L. Dunlap is only in his position because he married the daughter of the former owner of the company. He is completely unqualified, both in respect to steel production as well as general business knowledge. Management needs to be closer to production and maintenance, instead they sit in their offices and implement misguided policies and programs and blame the support staff when it doesn't work.

Worked for Allegheny Ludlum? Contribute to the Community!