Allianz

Allianz Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Allianz Chairman of the Board of Management Michael Diekmann

Michael Diekmann

Pros
  • Very good work life balance, if you're not keen to develop yourself or keep the status quo (in 17 reviews)

• Decent salary plus very good variable pay which is up to you to make (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • If you're a dynamic individual that knows how to leverage your skills into different areas of the business, you can easily overcome that obstacle (in 3 reviews)

• German colleagues "seem" have an advantage over non Germans, especially when it comes to management positions (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great People!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work/life balance
    Interesting Work
    Friendly Management

ConsSome tasks can become repetitive

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training for new employees

Good company

Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee) Thiruvananthapuram (India)

ProsWork-life balance.
    Stress-free work
    Good pay for experienced person
    short term onsite
    Good for those who joined with better CTC, every year get 7-10% hike.

ConsNot good for starting your career here, less exposure on technologies.

Great people

Team Leader (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly people. Excellent support for professional qualifications. Business is growing and respected in the Insurance market. Good benefits package. Great charity supporters.

ConsWork life balance suffers enormously as you are promoted.. Heavy reliance on a few experts means there are huge bottle necks. Providing opportunities for the graduate intake limits career choices for others and often also often results in inexperienced managers who require huge support from their teams which goes unrecognised as they need to hide that others are doing their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the bonus system. Stop relying on external systems that do not deliver what you need, require huge investment to change anything, cause rework and frustrate the employees. Really look at your people, a lot of talent is unrecognised.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood salary and friendly enviromental

Consmanage time and customers. Development new market

Great working environment, nice colleagues, plenty of learning opportunities.

Enterprise Operations Intern (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsGood pay, plenty of ways to gain experience outside your specific job area.

ConsAt time can not be as competitive

Internship at Allianz SE for a six months period.

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsColleagues are really nice and supportive. Good work life balance. Compensation is good. Working environment is not bad.

ConsSometime it takes longer time to execute a new project.

Multi-year "Best Place to Work" designations!

ProsGreat work life balance, compensation and flexability.

ConsAdvancement opportunities are limited for lower-level employees.

Good place to start

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsLarge company, mobility inside the group is guaranteed. Managers are willing to listen to the employees. Company values are well expressed.
    Allianz employees have access to a wide range of benefits.

ConsThe internal bureaucratic procedures can be tiring and can slow down fast actions: being a large and old company, some functions could be redesigned.
    Work-life balance is fair but fluctuates pretty heavily according to deadlines.

Leader in insurance

Senior Risk Manager (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsMulticultural working environment; many different departments and businesses offer the chance to change job within company and have very broad view on industry; family -friendly company; good work-life balance; very competent employees; very competent senior management

ConsSometimes politics stands in the way of common sense; middle management is weak

Worth serving the company

Midlevel (Current Employee)

ProsSupportive and good support from peers

Constransparency of work/news is worst

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the information delegated to the team underneath at regular intervals, especially interms of tough times.

Worked for Allianz? Contribute to the Community!