Allianz

Allianz Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Allianz Chairman of the Board of Management Michael Diekmann

Michael Diekmann

Pros
  • Very good work life balance, if you're not keen to develop yourself or keep the status quo (in 17 reviews)

• Decent salary plus very good variable pay which is up to you to make (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • If you're a dynamic individual that knows how to leverage your skills into different areas of the business, you can easily overcome that obstacle (in 3 reviews)

• German colleagues "seem" have an advantage over non Germans, especially when it comes to management positions (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Good, however geared more towards soon to be retirees

IT Solution Engineer (Current Employee) Novato, CA (US)

ProsFlexible hours, good work-life balance, great for individuals with families, good 401(k) match - the best I received from anywhere else, telecommute, low pressure, onsite gym,

ConsNot great for single individuals because the benefits are more crafted for individuals with families, heavily outsourced, minimal learning opportunities, process heavy, compensation not competitive with market, lack of fresh ideas

Unique experience that gave me meaningful exposure to the general insurance industry

German Desk Intern (Former Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsI worked in the Shanghai office of the General Insurance business of Allianz. It was a unique experience - Allianz is undoubtedly one of the biggest insurers in the world, but Shanghai office is new and growing. It gave me a unique entrepreneurial experience in a major global firm. I enjoyed the exposure to both sides.

ConsI got the internship through family connection, so it was not a formal internship program. As a result, the internship was not very structured. I didn't feel fully challenged during the internship. However, my direct manager went a long way to ensure that I was doing well. That guidance and attention was helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't think of anything in particular

Isolating environment and bureaucratic.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

Pros-Clean Office
    -Access to on-site gymnasium.
    -Professional environment
    -Great HR department.

Cons-low pay, company focuses on looks (building, image), not employee salary.
    -more bureaucratic than my previous role in government.
    -Micromanagement is incredibly huge component of company structure and roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain employees and allow them to be empowered in their roles, instead of making them struggle through constant feedback and inconsistent work processes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Allianz Bank Italy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe boss was kind and responsive.

ConsNot enough work led to boredom at work.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide abundant and meaningful work to employees.

Finance BI Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Provides a good knowledge of insurance market
    - Currently having a deep digital transformation

Cons- Former french AGF culture : highly hierarchical and political environment
    - Work atmosphere highly affected by IT issues regarding both ops and change management

nice, appreciative colleagues with good work-life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proscollaborative environment, across functions. Open-minded mgmt and communicative.

Consdepending on the manager you report to, you either get a good mentor or not.

Advice to Senior Management-

Was a very good experience, unfortunately had some management with other agenda that kept truth from other offices.

Account Technician (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsFlexible shifts, good pay, good benefits.

ConsManagement promotions based not on performance or experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou consolidated, yet stuck with lease on empty floor space, the closed center had best record for processing and time and many are still out of work due to your closure. We were lied to over and over even when asked directly about the future of our positions. You had the most experienced, dedicated staff in the closed center.

Unfair, poor- skilled, discriminatory management

Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) Vienna (Austria)

ProsVery good work life balance, if you're not keen to develop yourself or keep the status quo. Could be also enhancing if you work at junior level

ConsThe senior management lacks of vision, skills and in depth understanding for a forward looking approach. Highly unfair, discriminatory treatment at work, if you're a woman.

Lots of unhappy people.

Senior Underwriter (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA (US)

ProsAbility to work remote occasionally or full time for some.

ConsArrogant, dull management. Cliques, favorites, and newly hired offspring of leaders likely to reign…the rest have tire marks on their backs. Many underwriters left or leaving. Emphasis on diversity is just lip service..company is getting whiter and even hiring white relatives.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ask and don't listen is not a good policy. Playing not to lose is not playing to win. Strategy seems mostly like flailing from pillar to post.

Good Company, but direction trending down.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsFlexible. Bonus based on specific, measureable performance factors. Very experienced personnel.

ConsMarket Management has a growing influence & they do not contribute to the bottom line. Growing the layers of management, used to be more stream-lined company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut back on Market Management to limit expenses. Cut out layers of managers.

Worked for Allianz? Contribute to the Community!