Allied Healthcare International

1.3

Allied Healthcare International CEO, Saga Group Roger Ramsden
Roger Ramsden

Office staff

Current Employee - Support Worker  in  Bury St Edmunds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Bury St Edmunds, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International part-time for less than a year

Pros

Rewarding job with lovely services users

Cons

The office staff really need to pay attention to what clients needs are, if they looked after the carers properly like they promise while training us, we wouldn't leave the company and the clients wouldn't have to deal with new carers all the time, they want to have the same 2 carers all the time, good job but company not so great

You need to learn how to communicate between office staff and listen to what the carers have to say, after all we are the ones dealing with disatisfidy clients due to office constantly messing up rotas

Not a very nice company to work for treat the carers with no respect at all

Former Employee - Care and Support Worker  in  Abergavenny, Wales (UK)
    Former Employee - Care and Support Worker in Abergavenny, Wales (UK)

I worked at Allied Healthcare International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Meeting new clients everyday and not stuck in one place

Cons

A lot of traveling wear and tear on the car long hrs gor very little pay

More organisation is needed in the office between staff and employers no communication at all as long as they got the calls covered the dont really care something needs to be done cause more + more employers are leaving

Horrible horrible company

Current Employee - Home Care Worker  in  Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Home Care Worker in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The clients are lovely, and so nice being able to support others with daily tasks that we take for granted.

Cons

Management are rude and unsupportive.
    Office staff don't listen, it's like talking to yourself.
    Complaints are ignored, leading to neglect!
    Have to make appointments to talk to office staff How is this a good supportive working environment?
    Staff lie to, your not asked to do something your told. Rotas are changed without even asking if it's ok.
    You harassed all the time when not in work!

Get people who actually care about clients and their carers. Not the rude unhelpful ones you have now.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I worked as a care worker for a while shocking conditions in this day and age

Former Employee - Care  in  Dundee, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Care in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Allied Healthcare International for less than a year

Pros

None what so ever manager was full of self importance with shocking attitude towards care staff. Promised it all delivered nothing .

Cons

Everything about the job was a con bad pay rate no fuel payments hours of work go from f/t to p/t no steady shifts but plenty when it suited office staff who if your face fitted appeared you got more work thanks but no thanks I'd rather clean toilets than work for this company ever .

Sort out office staff clearly friend based not a clue what there doing and always blaming everyone else very very unprofessional certainly no people skills .

Making me ill, Bullying, victimizing, intimidating company,

Current Employee - Omicillary  in  Halesworth, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Omicillary in Halesworth, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International full-time for less than a year

Pros

None what so ever, a ppalling

Cons

They dont give a dam about their customers or staff, all they are focused on is getting anyone and anybody to cover shifts. I have now been intimidated for the third time by Management, This will be the last time they bully me as i have a legal team involved, Stand up for yourselves that what i have to say,

Sort your selves out you nasty wicked people, call yourself a care agency, i wouldnt put you in charge of looking after vermin.

Love the job, HATE the company!

Current Employee - Support Worker  in  Sheffield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Sheffield, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Care work is so rewarding, and some of the clients and their families are fantastic

Cons

Favouritism, taking work off one carer to give a favourite carer more hours. Bodged up rotas, pressurisation to work extra shifts, and work witheld if unable to accept, terrible management communication, poor wages,....the list is endless

Talk to carers about what is going on at their branch, listen to the feedback, and then do something to improve staff morale, and working practices.

Good carers are leaving all the time to work for other companies, and all Allied Healthcare are doing is recruiting, recruiting , recruiting! What a waste of company resource's. Surely its in the best interest of the company to keep the best carers for themselves, after all they have paid good money to train them up.
     The best carers simply will not tolerate the dreadful working practices at Allied Healthcare. Its not a good image for any company to have so many terrible reviews.

Terrible Company To Work For.

Current Employee - Carer  in  Saint Ives, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Carer in Saint Ives, East of England, England (UK)

Pros

Non at all l am getting our of this job as quick as l can

Cons

You dont get Travel time at all. You are given 15mins slots on some calls it takes half an hour to get there. You pay an admin charge for all time sheets out of your wages.
    Millage is not Paid. You lose money just working for this firm. I was given jobs and had to sit in my car for an hour waiting for my next call was not worth going home.

Terrible Terrible Terrible how they spoke was discus sting to staff as if you were dirt. Begging for people to take shifts when you said you couldn't do it then you would get hours cut the following week. Bully's they are don't work here.I am well trained with NVQS and you don't even get paid for these . Have to buy your uniform you get one free and then the rest you buy.
    Cut corners all the time.

Do NOT work for this shower of idiots!

Current Employee - Carer  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Carer in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brilliant clients..excellent colleagues...support of co workers

Cons

Zero hours....not enough petrol...nasty and condescending office staff/supervisors/manager
    Constantly being given extra visits at short notice, no support
    I could go on but not enough space...STEER CLEAR!!

Get out to branches and sort out these idiots!

Good team Okay company

Former Employee - HCA
    Former Employee - HCA

I worked at Allied Healthcare International part-time for more than a year

Pros

gained valuable experience by working in varied settings from Mental health to Care of the elderly it is a shame the new owners are focusing on home care.

Cons

Like all health care work the co-coordinators and management will take advantage of your good nature.

clear career paths maybe an increase in millage allowance would be nice

Shocking company!

Current Employee - Carer  in  Derby, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Carer in Derby, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International

Pros

Job of care is a rewarding job. Colleagues are very friendly and helpful -they will fill you in on the bits, the payroll staff will 'forget' to tell you.

Cons

First off, wage is national minimum. You're expect to complete all training unpaid, without any help towards expenses -this can take several months at high cost to yourself. You're only given one top to wear, all extra you have to purchase. Whilst shadowing you don't get paid for your petrol expenses, despite the high amount of travelling required. They charge an admin fee on your pay slip. -I've never heard of anyone other than Allied doing this. You only get paid your hourly rate for time spent at a service users house. Time travelling, which may make up half your shift won't be paid for. Once you're fully working for Allied, your petrol/diesel isn't paid per mile you travel, they give you a small payment per house, which doens't cover the travel costs. Allied 'forgot' to tell me about these and I only found out when other employees informed me after I'd started. I'm only writing this, so anyone looking to work for Allied as a carer, has an advance warning if they read this. I have nothing against individual people there, but they need to be more honest about their pay structure and provide an adequate rate.

Issue paperwork outlining full terms of pay, once initial interview is confirmed as 'successful'.

Worked for Allied Healthcare International? Contribute to the Community!